Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    We still have a chance in this one

You just gotta believe

LETS GO RAMS!
    Dude... whatever you're taking, I'll have two and a glass of water to wash them down.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

"I can suffer my own misery, but not another man's hope."

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TOAD View Post
    If what you say is true, and i believe it is, what is the answer to the problem?
    The players unwillingness to put out an effort equal to their paychecks. You can't convince me it is all the head coaches' (plural HC) fault. The coaches didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach (and that includes Linehan). Film is taken, film is studied, plays are put in. If the plays aren't executed, it's not the coaches fault. It isn't lack of conditioning either because getting whupped 75-3 in the first half of the last two games doesn't even allow you time to get winded.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Perhaps we don't have as much talent as we wish to believe. I mean good players just don't play this bad. It's time to blow up this team. First get new management and a new owner. Get a new coach and let him have a say in who he wants. Trade our veterans like Holt, Bulger, Pace, and Little and hope we get a few decent draft picks out of em(2s or 3s). Trade our top high 1st round pick down. Trade Barron, Hill, Klophestein, and Leornard and hope for some 4th or 5th round picks. Attack free agency vigorously. I believe this is called a rebuilding era.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Lets pool our money and buy this team.
    Now this is the best idea I've heard in a long time! I'm down.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Dude... whatever you're taking, I'll have two and a glass of water to wash them down.
    AV you are simply hilarious!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Blow it up, from top to bottom. Is there any way we can fast forward to January?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Blow it up, from top to bottom. Is there any way we can fast forward to January?
    Is there any way we can fast forward until we are good?

Oh wait, I'll be a grandpa by then, or just dead from old age.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    Wow, at this rate, I'll be the only home fan at the Dolphins game.

I've waited 15 years to get to see a Rams game live and when I get the chance it's to see this sorry shower.
    ..just try and enjoy it anyway - we won't be this bad forever at least you can say you've seen 'em live when we're in the superbowl ..in 2015

RealRam is offline Registered User

Is there any way we can fast forward to January? -- Nick

Do it, just FF to January. Black Sunday, another one. Black Season.

Start over in 09 with the right foot though ... I don't want us to repeat this agony.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    There is no way you can convince me that the talent on the team is THIS BAD. Certainly, the talent needs to be upgraded, but there are enough decent players on this team that it should at least be competing.

I've never seen a team play this badly in so many games in one season. I've seen expansion teams play better.

This year can't end soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    This is just soooo hard to watch......

I just think that these players are going through the motions, theres talent but there is no heart, fire and pride....this is just killing me

steve
    Somebody mentioned "following the Jets model". The Jets follow the Pats model and the Pats follow the Parcells model. Those teams only look for "character" players. Sometimes this means that you pass on a guy that might have more talent because you know he can be coached and will give an effort. Some of these guys may not be "good guys" LT, Harrison, but they all buy into what the coach is doing and will play hard no matter what. This is particularly important to a less established coach (Mangini) than Belichick or Parcells. I think they overdo this sometimes, but there is obviously something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Perhaps we don't have as much talent as we wish to believe. I mean good players just don't play this bad. It's time to blow up this team. First get new management and a new owner. Get a new coach and let him have a say in who he wants. Trade our veterans like Holt, Bulger, Pace, and Little and hope we get a few decent draft picks out of em(2s or 3s). Trade our top high 1st round pick down. Trade Barron, Hill, Klophestein, and Leornard and hope for some 4th or 5th round picks. Attack free agency vigorously. I believe this is called a rebuilding era.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but IMO nobody going to be giving away 2s and 3s for old overpriced players that have shown no heart or success the last couple of years. I'm not sure of all their contracts, but considering how much they cost if you accelerate their bonuses, big money players are often cheaper to keep.

Few teams want a high first for the same reason. High picks get a ton of money for an unproven player. Late first round picks can still be locked up for 5 years, but aren't so costly.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TOAD View Post
    Well we were only outscored 7-3 in the second half last week. And this week we outscored the ******* 13-0 in the second half. So if we can get league officials to tweak it so we are allowed to ..........forget it. We STINK!

Even my monkey is bumming.......Don't ask.
    Good thing there isn't a slaughter rule in the NFL like there is in Little League. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing the Rams score 16 second half points in the last two weeks.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    Wow, at this rate, I'll be the only home fan at the Dolphins game.

I've waited 15 years to get to see a Rams game live and when I get the chance it's to see this sorry shower.
    I feel for you. Truly, I do. Here's my solution. Get your hands on a pair of those TV eye glasses and connect them to a DVD player. Then SB XXXIV. All the atmosphere, none of the pain.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

What's even more embarassing was being at the game today like I was. There was absolutely no fire on our side at all and believe me, I know, I was right down there on the Rams side. They were a bunch of walking zombies with glazed looks on their faces and watching the fricken whiner fans jumping around beating on their chests like they just won the superbowl was even more humilating.

And to top if off, we couldn't even say a word in our own defense, we suck pathetically, PERIOD. I have never been so disappointed at this team as I am now. I couldn't wait to get out of the stadium.

Each and every Ram should forfeit their astronomical paychecks they are collecting, they certainly don't deserve them!!!!!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

It is getting harder to find anything positive to say or think about as a fan of this current version of the Rams. This is just too disgusting to witness on a weekly basis...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12