Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

UNBELIEVABLE! Want to know the real problem, AL BLUNDERS!

Seriously, you have got to be kidding. This is possibly the worst loss in franchise history. Total domination of the 49'ers and we find a way to lose ...

And sure, everybody is going to blame Bulger, but no QB could succeed in the system. I can call the plays with 75% success from my couch, amazing what coaches who do this for a living can do. Or they are going to blame Haslett (and this might be valid if he is calling the plays), but the blame for this game goes on one guy and one guy only ...

That idiot Al Saunders ...

Our red zone offense is bad because of Al Saunders ...

We cannot throw the ball downfield because of Al Saunders ...

Look, we have the ball 1st and goal on the 6 yard line. What about play action you idiot? Jackson is hurt, lets run off tackle left for a huge loss. Second down, lets run a toss right. Jackson is hurt right? Incomplete on third down ...

Late in the game. 1st down, run up the middle for 3. Second down, run up the middle for 1. 3rd down, we throw an out route for the 25th time in the game, and Clements doesn't even have to move to knock it down ...

Last drive, we get bailed out on a beautiful catch by Avery on yet another, you guessed it, OUT ROUTE! Do we even know what the middle of the field is? Then we run a freakin draw play ...

YES, A DRAW PLAY! Then, of course, the inevitable interception on yet ANOTHER OUT ROUTE WHERE AVERY TURNED THE WRONG WAY!

We should have been winning this game 34-3 ....

Instead, Al BLUNDERS blows another game with the worst play calling in NFL history. We'd be better off with Linehan calling the plays, easily ...

I can't stomach this. One of the worst endings to a football game EVER ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-21-2008 at 05:30 PM.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: UNBELIEVABLE! Want to know the real problem, AL BLUNDERS!

He sucks!!! What happened to the deep in route that Holt can do in his sleep?? And the red zone drive with the pitches to Jackson were unbelievable! He is injured... And weren't those pitches to the short sides of the field also? I don't like anything about his play calling, and I think he is imparing our young receivers for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    He sucks!!! What happened to the deep in route that Holt can do in his sleep?? And the red zone drive with the pitches to Jackson were unbelievable! He is injured... And weren't those pitches to the short sides of the field also? I don't like anything about his play calling, and I think he is imparing our young receivers for what its worth
    A DECENT coordinator has us up 24-3, at least, with all those turnovers ...

What a joke Saunders has become ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Jackson should have not been in when he was injured. Those pitches are what caused us from not scoring. SERIOUSLY SAUNDERS??!!! Let's do two pitches to an INJURED running back??!! A draw play in the few seconds of the game??!!

Saunders should be trampled by the fans at the Dome because this is unacceptable.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

He is like Henry Winkler in Waterboy. He has lost his golden playbook and can no longer compete without it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Seriously, can anybody honestly say that Saunders is not responsible for this loss? If you watched the game, and feel otherwise, lets hear it ...

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Red Zone and/or 3rd down ineptitude as usual. Too many field goals and not enough TDs will always seal your fate when your defense collapses in the 4th...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Good post. Al Saunders, while far from being the only problem on the team, has been the biggest disappointment by far for me. The complete inability for these head coaches to adjust to the opposing teams at halftime is truly mind boggling. First, Jackson should not have been allowed to play in the capacity that he did, he was clearly injured and Darby was being very productive. Second, they need to start throwing to the middle of the field when they know the defense is coming with an all out blitz's leaving only one or two defenders to spy the quarter back.

Also, the defensive coordinator (whatever his name is) is equally as one dimensional and completely incapable of making his own adjustments. I wish I could say that loss was a surprise to me, but the fact is I saw this coming before halftime was even started.

I'm not mad anymore with these games, I'm just tired of feeling like I know more than our teams coaches, it's pathetic.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Good post. Al Saunders, while far from being the only problem on the team, has been the biggest disappointment by far for me. The complete inability for these head coaches to adjust to the opposing teams at halftime is truly mind boggling. First, Jackson should not have been allowed to play in the capacity that he did, he was clearly injured and Darby was being very productive. Second, they need to start throwing to the middle of the field when they know the defense is coming with an all out blitz's leaving only one or two defenders to spy the quarter back.

Also, the defensive coordinator (whatever his name is) is equally as one dimensional and completely incapable of making his own adjustments. I wish I could say that loss was a surprise to me, but the fact is I saw this coming before halftime was even started.

I'm not mad anymore with these games, I'm just tired of feeling like I know more than our teams coaches, it's pathetic.

Venturi actually changed the blitzing scheme up a little bit in the second half, sending Pisa in a lot, but after the Niners started figuring out that scheme, we were completely ineffective in our pressure.

rammiser is online now Registered User

Saunders definately has to go. We just need to run a pro offense this gimmick GSOT offense is dead. We need to have a power running game and a solid defense. I'm tired of hearing how big the playbook is and seeing the same out route called to both sides of the field over and over. The entire coaching staff save for Ellard has to go. This team needs a new face telling them what to do. I don't care what anybody says about Cowher and Marty not ever coaching here I still want to see us try to get them anyways. It never hurts to at least try. I'm not sure I trust the front office enough to pick the right rookie coach to come in and lead this team. This is the worst I have felt about my team in a long time.
    Last edited by rammiser; -12-21-2008 at 05:50 PM.
    Just Fix It

moloch41 is offline Registered User

In Saunders defense, he doesn't have Dante Hall to run the end around to...

eldfan is offline Registered User

Saunders, Haslett, players, they all have lost there way, the season has been so bad, they have forgotten how to coac,h how to win. They get a lead late and no one can call a play or make one.
    :ramlogo:

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Same Damned Rams... just find a way to f---ing LOSE. I lost count a long time ago about how many times these guys kick a stinking field goal instead of getting a touchdown and end up choking.

It's been a lot of years... I mean since "Sugar Sugar" was number 1, so it doesn't matter who is on the field, the sidelines, the coach's box or anything else. All these guys can do is CHOKE!

I expected a lot better seasons since winning the Super Bowl. We certainly didn't get it and now I can just hope to live long enough to see it again. W. T. F. ?????
    Last edited by Tom_SF; -12-21-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: To prevent writing how I REALLY feel!

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Jackson should have not been in when he was injured. Those pitches are what caused us from not scoring. SERIOUSLY SAUNDERS??!!! Let's do two pitches to an INJURED running back??!! A draw play in the few seconds of the game??!!

Saunders should be trampled by the fans at the Dome because this is unacceptable.
    So's that worthless defense.

raybp is offline Registered User

Suanders = Pathetic Offense AND LOSING since working with Vermeil in KC. Everything past that point has been FAIL. Terrible, inefficient, easily defended, well known, overly complex OFFENSE should be his resume.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast