Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Unexpected Team announcement regarding Martz: Leak BREAKING NEWS !

The Ram's announced the following changes to the Organization, the announcement was to be at the end of the season, but Martz let the Cat out of the bag. So, tomorrow's papers will report:

l.) Martz is gone.. In January, 2006, Wanye Fontes will be hired and be the Ram's
    next coach.

2). Negotiations are under way to have Former Cardinal's owner, Bill Bidwell, buy
    a controlling interest in the team.

3). Former Steeler, Kordell Stewart, has been named Quarterback Coach.

4). Kyle Turley is being hired as the Head of Media Relations. He's going to "deal"
    with the journalists covering the team.

5). Mike Tice, former Vikings coach, is expected to take the position of Ethical
    counselor to the players. He will run the drug-testing program and
    "distribute" Super bowl tickets. His unofficial title: Cruise Director

6). The team has announced a new Motto: JUST BE MEDIOCRE, BABY!

7). The team will lessen the focus on winning and instead focus on being
    a long term employer for administrators and sycophants that need
    security and little stress.

8.) Former Ram, Lawrence Phillips, will be the Team Chaplain and spirtual
    counselor.

9.) Former Attorney General, Janet Reno, has been named TEAM CONDITIONING
    Coach.

10) Chris Chander will be signed as the backup QB.

11) Damione Lewis will teach a mandatory Self Defense clinic for the players.

12) William, the Refrigerator, Perry will be named Team Orthodontist.

It is a widely held belief that the Ram's Organization will run much smoother
    and their will be more internal cohesiveness within the Organization without
    Martz, however, the team will lose more games. A major team initiative
    within the organization will be to boost self-esteem regardless of the team
    record. Oprah or Martha Stewart may visit the team in training camp.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -10-25-2005 at 12:06 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Unexpected Team announcement regarding Martz: Leak BREAKING NEWS !

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    The Ram's announced the following changes to the Organization, the announcement was to be at the end of the season, but Martz let the Cat out of the bag. So, tomorrow's papers will report:

8.) Former Ram, Lawrence Phillips, will be the Team Chaplain and spirtual counselor.

LOL LOL LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

dgr828 is offline Registered User

...and Marmie Will Still Be Defensive Coordinator!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"and Marmie Will Still Be Defensive Coordinator!"

That may be the best joke of all !

rammiser is offline Registered User

Funny how everyone says the front office is so controlling and that Martz has no power. Isnt there two of Martz old pals coaching on special teams and defense? I doubt they were both first choices of the front office.
    Just Fix It

Head Coaches pick their staffs, that's just how it is..

But how do you replace Martz's Offensive Genius. His Offesive schemes, his ability to develop young QBs.

Look at his offenses year in and year out...

Did everyone really think this would last forever? The Patriots,Colts,Eagles,Falcons, etc all seem to survive without Martz and his offensive genius why cant the Rams. Everyone is acting like no other coach can come in here and win with the talent this team has on offense. I think Fairchild has called two good games in a row. If it werent for Bulger getting hurt Vitt and Fairchild might be 2-0. I like Martz as an offensive coordinator but not as a coach. This team has lacked the right discipline since he took over. Penalties,turnovers and dumb mistakes is the demise of this team. It's not the end of the world if Martz doesnt come back. See how Parcells deals with mistakes now thats discipline!
    Just Fix It

How many coaches are there like Parcells? Didn't the Cowboy's have to convince him to UN-retire and give him a HUGE contract?

And MANY coaches do fine running someone else's system for a year or so, but then they don't make good adjustments and the performance falls. Ask George Seifert who was implementing Bill Walsh's offense.

All the internal powergrabs, backstabbing, and sabotaging doesn't bode well for a new coach. Like I said at the time, does ANYONE know of another team where the team reporter was threatened by a Team executive? I've never heard of it - EVER - yet Samir Suleiman wasn't fired or demoted. He's still a team executive. Under these circumstances, these type of people want a coach where THEY will have more say.. Do you think Parcells would let Shaw, Suleiman, or Zygmunt draft players, call players, or criticize him off the record to the Press.

I don't think the TOP candidiates (like Charlie Weiss) would consider coming to the Rams with the screwed up front office.

I never said front office changes shouldnt be made also. The problem is martz isnt innocent in this and he is getting a free pass with a lot of people. With the talent we have on offense I'm sure that leading canidates like Jimmy Johnson would come here and would only come here with the right to run things. Now if the front office denies this to whoever they interview and then bring in some puppet coach then shame on them but I'm done watching Martz help sink this ship. Zygmutt does need to go but if he doesnt he should have no say so if we get a good coach in here to run things. Micheal Irvin who I think is and idiot did make a good point today. He said the Colts went years without a defense yet they are still winning. The Rams who I think have just as much if not better players on offense arent winning, so where does that blame go?
    Just Fix It

I don't see how Jimmy Johnson (or someone like him gets hired). They don't want to become part of the back-biting soap opera - AND - for the Front Office to get house cleaned - who exactly would do that?

They are running the team and they are going to recommend hiring Vitt or Fairchild or some coordinator somewhere that would be glad to share power with them and serve at their discretion.

I think the likely scenario will be Shaw, Zygmunt, and Samir Suileman getting their opportunity and failing with Vitt or Fairchild (they'll get a new DEF COORD) and the house cleaning will occur in 2 or 3 years... At that point, we may get a High Profile proven coach. This is assumming that Martz is, indeed, being shown the door.

RamTime Guest

Janet Reno! Wow! Pencil us in to SB 41