Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By ljcrayton

Thread: Unofficial 2012 St. Louis Rams schedule

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Unofficial 2012 St. Louis Rams schedule

Based on rotational scheduling, aside from facing the hated Whiners, Shesquawks, and Tards twice, we'll be facing:

Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Lions
    Chicago Bears
    Minnesota Vikings
    New England Patriots
    New York Jets
    Buffalo Bills
    Miami Dolphins
    Washington Redskins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pretty tough schedule, but not like this season. I believe this team is capable of making the playoffs with a nice offseason. We have an excellent foundation on defense (Long, Quinn, Laurinaitis, Mikell, Stewart, Bartell, Fletcher) along with a few pieces on offense. If we can avoid an injury bug like this season, and play fundamentally sound football adequately, we should be fine. I won't be too optimistic, but I'll be taking baby steps with it.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Re: Unofficial 2012 St. Louis Rams schedule

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    play fundamentally sound football adequately
    That is the part that scares me.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Yeah, it looks manageable, but if we play the Niners, Packers, Jets and Patriots all in a row to start the season, we'll hear from the usual apologist excuse makers about "how tough the Rams' schedule is" and how "we should have expected to start 0-4" etc. Right now, I expect nothing from this football team regardless of who we play and in what order. Let the next 6 months play out- starting with Monday, when the management purge begins.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

We can easily get destroyed from this schedule. This team needs a drastic "winning mentality" change immediately. Otherwise, this could easily get out of hand. Like it or not the NFC west seems to have become a more stable and respectable division, minus the Rams. We, too, need to get with the damn program.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Yeah, it looks manageable, but if we play the Niners, Packers, Jets and Patriots all in a row to start the season, we'll hear from the usual apologist excuse makers about "how tough the Rams' schedule is" and how "we should have expected to start 0-4" etc. Right now, I expect nothing from this football team regardless of who we play and in what order. Let the next 6 months play out- starting with Monday, when the management purge begins.
    Amoung other things this season the Rams were out classed by their opponents. Fans can argue until their blue in the face that this is all coaching but it's clear the Rams talent level was never there. So if all they do is change the coaches ten yes, expect the same result next season. You can call it being an apologist if you want. I call it being a realist.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Amoung other things this season the Rams were out classed by their opponents. Fans can argue until their blue in the face that this is all coaching but it's clear the Rams talent level was never there. So if all they do is change the coaches ten yes, expect the same result next season. You can call it being an apologist if you want. I call it being a realist.
    Many people- including legions of their hopeful fans- picked the Rams to win their division this season. These same people nonetheless thought we'd get hammered early then arrogantly assumed we'd dance through the divisional opponents en route to a title. As the season spiraled out of control, these same people claimed "we're outclassed". Baloney. You can't have it both ways. There is NO REASON the Rams shouldn't have 5-6 wins this year even WITH all the injuries. That, my friend, IS coaching. If it isn't, maybe you can explain to me how Seattle, a team with little talent, a mediocre QB and many of the same offensive line woes and player injuries the Rams have, a team that mirrors the Rams in many ways, are looking at 8-8 with a win today, including 2 wins over the Rams.

I don't want to hear ANYTHING about the schedule next year- and that includes predictions about who we will beat, who's going to kick our tails and assumptions about starting off poorly if certain "tough" teams frontload the schedule.
    lostsoul likes this.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Pretty tough schedule. Probably not as bad as this year, but still very tough.

mh-i is offline Registered User

If your record is 0-6 against you division then your talent level isn't as good. That includes Seattle. In retrospect it would be pretty hard to make the case the Rams would have won 5 or 6 games even if they had stayed 100% healthy. What happened was that most Rams fans drank, uh guzzled, the Kool-Aid after last season. The team just wasn't that good. Jackson, Long, Quinn, Laurenitus, Bradford, Dahl and Lloyd if he wants to come back are keepers. Everybody else is expendable. The rest either can't stay healthy or aren't any good. If you expect the same group to compete without major changes you'll be a pissed off next year as yoiu are right now.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

When you're 2-14, every schedule is tough.
    lostsoul likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

And I bet our schedule looks a lot like this

@ New England Patriots
    @ Green Bay Packers
    New York Jets
    @ SF Whiners
    Detroit Lions
    @ SeaHags
    Chicago Bears
    SF Whiners
    @ Minnesota Vikings
    Seahags
    @ Buffalo Bills
    Tards
    Miami Dolphins
    @ Washington Redskins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    @ Tards

gap

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

we are going 14-2 next year. our 2 losses are gonna be after we start 14-0 and clinched the number 1 seed and we rest ALL of our starters.
    molbio44 likes this.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    we are going 14-2 next year. our 2 losses are gonna be after we start 14-0 and clinched the number 1 seed and we rest ALL of our starters.
    Do I hear Supertramp playing in the background?

gap

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Apologist sums it up nicely. Thanks.

A realist IMO, would understand that by looking at rams this year, we were outmanned AND outcoached. Routinely on the latter.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    And I bet our schedule looks a lot like this

@ New England Patriots
    @ Green Bay Packers
    New York Jets
    @ SF Whiners
    Detroit Lions
    @ SeaHags
    Chicago Bears
    SF Whiners
    @ Minnesota Vikings
    Seahags
    @ Buffalo Bills
    Tards
    Miami Dolphins
    @ Washington Redskins
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    @ Tards

gap
    Boy, was I wrong. Looks like the league may be having pitty (doubtful, refs are still the wild card) on us next year. Rudy posted this on FB.

Rams opponents 2012:
    Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco *****, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.

Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco *****, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins.

gap
    Last edited by gap; -01-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Boy, was I wrong. Looks like the league may be having pitty (doubtful, refs are still the wild card) on us next year. Rudy posted this on FB.

Rams opponents 2012:
    Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco *****, Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.

Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco *****, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins.

gap
    Lions on the road 3 times in a row? I'm sure we're bound to face them at home.