Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Unofficial 2013 St. Louis Rams schedule

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Unofficial 2013 St. Louis Rams schedule

I probably won't be able to make the Bash this year, but I will do my best to get a ticket at kittieland. That is only about 6 hours from here.

gap

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

That would be cool Gap. As we get closer I'll look at the tickets and if you want I can pick you one up next to me and the Mrs. if you like.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    That would be cool Gap. As we get closer I'll look at the tickets and if you want I can pick you one up next to me and the Mrs. if you like.
    That would be kewl.

Just found out that idiotcare is taking an extra $100 a mounth out of my paycheck this year, so it will be a bit harder to save up for the game. Let me know ticket prices as soon as you can. Saving pennies for special events now has new mean thanks to idiotcare. I may have to evaluate what monthly bills I have, and turn things off so I can pay for someone else's healthcare.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    That would be kewl.

Just found out that idiotcare is taking an extra $100 a mounth out of my paycheck this year, so it will be a bit harder to save up for the game. Let me know ticket prices as soon as you can. Saving pennies for special events now has new mean thanks to idiotcare. I may have to evaluate what monthly bills I have, and turn things off so I can pay for someone else's healthcare.

gap
    And all those people who choose to stay on unemployment rather than take a lower paying job thank you!

Jack Youngblood

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

And all those people who choose to stay on unemployment rather than take a lower paying job thank you!
    unemployment pays you less than half of what you make. Weird how so many people have issues with helping people out who lost their job but not the fact we spend more money on defense than the next 10 highest spending countries.

Unemployment will cost us 30 million, defense spending 800 billion.

I was worried about being political with this one, it was meant mostly as a joke to Gap. For clarification McPee, yes it does pay half of what a lot of people make, and I have no issue with unemployment at all. I have used it in the past for two or three weeks myself.

The joke, based on irony as all good humor is, is that I have for years seen people turn down work and stay on unemployment because it paid the same amount, sometimes even while working under the table. Unemployment was created during the depression as was Social Security and without those programs our recession would have been a depression. But I don't think it was intended as an "alternative" career.

The irony here is that the forced social medicine others voted for recently (Obamacare), coupled with the attitude above I just described doesn't give much motivation for some to go out and get work in my opinion.

By no means did intend to offend anyone presently out of work and struggling.

Joe

Jack Youngblood

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    unemployment pays you less than half of what you make. Weird how so many people have issues with helping people out who lost their job but not the fact we spend more money on defense than the next 10 highest spending countries.

Unemployment will cost us 30 million, defense spending 800 billion.
    I myself would like a nuclear aircraft carrier so can somebody buy me one so I can quit my job?
    MoonJoe likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Going to Carolina this year and the bash. My hope is I can do back to back games. I agree on the Frisco game being prime time as well. We had a helluva year with them and TV and the league likes the competition.
    If we do play Carolina here in Charlotte, then give me a call bro, I live 10 minutes from the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    I myself would like a nuclear aircraft carrier so can somebody buy me one so I can quit my job?
    what? I will never understand the sudden uproar over this type of stuff. You'd think that Obama had invented food stamps and unemployment when they've been going on for decades.

Btw no one gets unemployment if they quit. They get it if they lose their job based on lack of work.

I was worried about being political with this one, it was meant mostly as a joke to Gap. For clarification McPee, yes it does pay half of what a lot of people make, and I have no issue with unemployment at all. I have used it in the past for two or three weeks myself.

The joke, based on irony as all good humor is, is that I have for years seen people turn down work and stay on unemployment because it paid the same amount, sometimes even while working under the table. Unemployment was created during the depression as was Social Security and without those programs our recession would have been a depression. But I don't think it was intended as an "alternative" career.

The irony here is that the forced social medicine others voted for recently (Obamacare), coupled with the attitude above I just described doesn't give much motivation for some to go out and get work in my opinion.

By no means did intend to offend anyone presently out of work and struggling.

Joe
    unemployment pays at the max 400 dollars. Who in their right mind would make a career out of making 20 grand a year, especially when you could lose those benefits if they aren't extended?

I've seen literally dozens if not hundreds of people say well I should quit my job. Yes because making 20,000 a year and living in the projects is the type of career people strive for.

As for Obamacare, I don't like how it's been implemented but everyone should get at least a basic level of free healthcare. Nearly every other major country provides free healthcare.

The truth is the US is far behind most countries when it comes to education, healthcare and helping out those who are in need. Yet some people want to complain about things like this and turn a blind eye to our ridiculous spending on lobbying, defense and the justice system.

Welcome to America where giving a poor family healthcare is considered bs but locking someone up for 10 years for a minor drug charge is considered justice. Thank god I live in NY and not the midwest where this type of thinking is the norm.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    unemployment pays at the max 400 dollars. Who in their right mind would make a career out of making 20 grand a year, especially when you could lose those benefits if they aren't extended?

I've seen literally dozens if not hundreds of people say well I should quit my job. Yes because making 20,000 a year and living in the projects is the type of career people strive for.

As for Obamacare, I don't like how it's been implemented but everyone should get at least a basic level of free healthcare. Nearly every other major country provides free healthcare.

The truth is the US is far behind most countries when it comes to education, healthcare and helping out those who are in need. Yet some people want to complain about things like this and turn a blind eye to our ridiculous spending on lobbying, defense and the justice system.

Welcome to America where giving a poor family healthcare is considered bs but locking someone up for 10 years for a minor drug charge is considered justice. Thank god I live in NY and not the midwest where this type of thinking is the norm.
    We really should have a politics section talk if this keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    We really should have a politics section talk if this keeps up.
    You are absolutly correct Flip, in factpolitics is forbidden in the posting rules if I am not mistaken. My fault for bringing it up! McPEE, PM me if you want to discuss further. Take care!

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    If we do play Carolina here in Charlotte, then give me a call bro, I live 10 minutes from the stadium.
    Are you planning on going to the game if they do?

Jack Youngblood

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    No politics, guys. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    No politics, guys. Thanks.
    Correct, that's why I accepted blame, invited a pm and ended the discussion.

Jack Youngblood

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast