Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Unwatchable Offense

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Unwatchable Offense

Maybe the worst offense in the history of professional football. Unwatchable. Their red-zone offense is simply brutal. Three times they had 1st and goal at the one and it took them 9 plays to finally punch it in. Awful.

Having Steven Jackson on the sideline in a 1st and goal situation and challenging the obvious touching of an on-side kick when keeping your time outs is critical shows me this coaching staff might be the dumbest ever assembled.

I've seen enough to know that aside from Lloyd (who by the way we should pay a fortune to keep), every other receiver out there blows. Kendricks- hardly worth a 2nd round pick. Pettis- non-existent. Gibson- garbage. Alexander- a walking injury who did nothing last night. All against a Seattle secondary which is young and undermanned.

Bradford hasn't played well since the Giants game. I'm a Bradford supporter, but he hasn't shown he can elevate the play of his teammates- an attribute ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY if you're picked number one in the draft and are considered a franchise QB. He's got a lot to learn- getting rid of the football, not locking on to receivers, secondary reads, you name it.

Three weeks can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-13-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Unwatchable Offense

You can call this the worst offense in the league, you can change the coaching staff, heck, even the front office, but GOD am I hoping Bradford isn't walking the path of David Carr...

Varg6 is online now Registered User

I think also because it's Steven Jackson's team. That's who they look to, not Bradford.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MelloStang is offline Registered User

I say give him a new season with a new set of coaches , then its the Vermeil analogy, Vermeil said as a head coach you have 3 years to right the ship if it doesn't get done in 3 years you missed your window, his 3rd year was 99 , I apply the 3 year rule to qb's if by the 3rd year with a team they still tread water it wont happen move them.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Never agreed more with a great post myself.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams offense is in shambles right now (no kidding). It is embarrasing.

Things may have been a little different when they moved the ball and scored / won against New Orleans -- albeit with much needed help from the D -- but with injuries and questionable coaching, this Rams offense is way out of synch, unproductive ... useful mostly for making game highlights that favor the opponents defenses.

Other teams have started to fire HCs. I look forward to seeing how the Rams organization will handle current state of affairs in an effort to shock some life into the offense and its 50 million dollar investment right in the middle.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I wonder if the Rams would let Spags fire McD before he gets shown the door...

They should have Spags fire him let the season play out then fire Spags , make him the hatchet man then give it right back, they both have to go.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Yeah I can't remember the last time a team had such a mix of dumb coaches and horrible players. QB can't throw, Offensive line blocks like they're out of Madden, WRs look like they are out taking a jog with their gfs, and coaches constantly doing the opposite of what they should. Every week I can't help but laugh how bad this is.
    GolfnRAMFAN likes this.

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

Name me a high draft pick QB that elevates the play of average players? Falcons gave Ryan weapons, Lions gave Stafford weapons, Ravens gave Flacco weapons, even Alex Smith got weapons. Bradford gets Lloyd 10 games into the season and has limited practice with him due to injuries.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    Name me a high draft pick QB that elevates the play of average players? Falcons gave Ryan weapons, Lions gave Stafford weapons, Ravens gave Flacco weapons, even Alex Smith got weapons. Bradford gets Lloyd 10 games into the season and has limited practice with him due to injuries.
    Most of us are not blaming Bradford. He has already shown us he can play well, last year with minimal weapons he put together a pretty good year and almost made the playoffs. This year he has had even less to work with, a worse O-line, and he has been playing hurt. Plus he is in a new offense where he got to meet with his offensive coordinator for only a few minutes during the offseason to pick up the playbook (there was a brief period where the lockout was lifted and I read Bradford did get a book from McD)... you can argue that his rookie year can be thrown out the window since he had to learn a new system so quick.

I am still confident that if we build around Bradford (meaning GET HIM WEAPONS AND PROTECTION) he will play at a very high level. Once the offense is playing better, the defense will in turn get better and will not wear out in the 2nd half. I like the pieces we have on defense (especially when we don't have 5643 guys on the IR) and feel we are going in the right direction there. But now, it all starts with building an offense to suit Bradford.
    Fat Pang likes this.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I feel your pain NJ but Bradford needs help in the form of obvious talent.

Once he gets that and plays as poorly as he has done this season, I'll start to wonder but for now he gets a mulligan.

Begs the obvious question of quite where that talent comes from as we've made an art form of draft screw-ups and bargain-basement free-agents.

Wholesale change around Sam to make the most of Sam.

sadhappy is offline Registered User

Bradford looks ok to me. He needs targets..and not just brandon lloyd.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

How about Peyton Manning? How many average receivers has this guy made into serviceable, even good players? Austin Collie? Pierre Garcon? I stand by my statement. You obviously haven't watched this team enough. I like and support Bradford, but enough with the excuses. A number of QBs on bad football teams have nothing to work with and put up better production than this. And we've talked ad infinitum about the guys (Newton, Tebow, T.J. Yates, for Chrissakes) who have found a way to get it done despite less than ideal circumstances. I am so sick of fans on this forum who offer an excuse for every failure- injuries, he has no weapons, the O-line stinks, the stars arent' aligned, etc- Bradford should sit the rest of the season. He's obviously not sharp and subjecting himself to further injury. He's as much a part of the losing as anyone else on this football team. Spare me the "he's inspiring his teammates" and "he's showing toughness" bromides. NO ONE on this offense save for Steven Jackson is worthy of defending- IT'S THAT BAD.

Bradford has not been helped. There's no argument from me there. He is a guy I want here, and he is the guy our organization has rolled the dice with. But he was not drafted to be a GOOD player, he was drafted in the hopes of being a GREAT player, a franchise player. More is expected. Much more. The "he has no weapons" argument only goes so far. Lloyd is a solid player. These other guys- Pettis, Kendricks and Salas were all drafted with the thought that they'd be very good players. Steven Jackson is a hall-of-fame back. Dan Marino FOR YEARS had nothing even resembling a running game, yet put up phenomenal numbers every year. Joe Montana went to KC and thrived without Rice, Taylor, Craig and company. Who does Brady have besides Welker? Many, many QBs have less than ideal circumstances and perform well. Bradford has had ONE GOOD GAME this season- vs. the Giants.

I'm so completely ticked off with this team- from the coaches to the front office to the underachieving players- I can't think straight.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.

The most troubling thing to me is the lack of assertion by Bradford, if you watch any of the great QB's that are leaders and this can cover Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and heck even Tim Tebow who i dont think is great but has amazing leadership, the thing I see missing is his ability to get the team fired up and behind him, he is starting to remind me a bit of Bulger. When Bulger had a bad series or someone missed a ball he would jog off the field and sit down like no big deal, watch the QB's that win they are barking at players on the field and sidelines, I see it as a lack of drive to make the offense HIS and if he continues to throw the ball around and jog off unbuckling his strap his ambivilence will spread to the team and noone will care....or do they now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast