Thread: Upcoming Game

Milan is offline Registered User

Upcoming Game

I, for one am tired of all the bi***ing about last weeks loss and the constant repetition of threads, which are all saying basically the same thing. So here's a fresh change of pace.

What needs to improve for next week mainly

- Passing Game
    - Pass Rush
    - Pass Protection

Those are the big three, we improve those three and we have a win. Huge emphasis on Pass rush this week. Regardless of what anyone says about our CBs, nobody can cover a WR for 4-7 seconds, there is no possible way of keeping an eye on both the QB and WR for that amount of time.

Our Run blocking has been par last game, not great, not terrible.

Linehan needs to absolutely work the O-Linemen Vs. The D-Linemen this week and hard during practice. Granted, we don't want any more injuries on the OL but, the pass protection is just ridiculous.

Agree? Disagree?
    Last edited by Milan; -10-01-2007 at 11:00 PM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Upcoming Game

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I, for one am tired of all the bi***ing about last weeks loss and the constant repetition of threads, which are all saying basically the same thing. So here's a fresh change of pace.

- Passing Game
    - Pass Rush
    - Pass Protection

Those are the big three, we improve those three and we have a win. Huge emphasis on Pass rush this week. Regardless of what anyone says about our CBs, nobody can cover a WR for 4-7 seconds, there is no possible way of keeping an eye on both the QB and WR for that amount of time.

Linehan needs to absolutely work the O-Linemen Vs. The D-Linemen this week and hard during practice. Granted, we don't want any more injuries on the OL but, the pass protection is just ridiculous.

Agree? Disagree?
    What about not starting a qb with broken ribs? What about activating Hagans now that Looker is down? Those three things are nice and all but we need to score touchdowns, not miss fg's score td's. Stop forcing the ball to Bennett. Use McMichael down the middle more. Let Ferrotte get in there and play, he cant possible be worse than a injured Bulger. I also would love to see Glover come off the bench in passing situations and let Ryan and Carriker start in the middle. But most of all if we dont score td's the Cards will beat us 42-3.
    Just Fix It

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Obviously on offense, get that dang ball in the endzone and do it in a hurry. On D, put some pressure on the QB and take his timing away for once to keep our raw corners in the game. That poor ol Lenny, he tried to be a playmaker and went for the ball. The 1st 2 quarters he looked solid until Romo found his man. What 'd you expect? we had a couple of chances to stay in this game but just couldnt get it done. Lenny walls is this weeks scapegoat. Who's next.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with all 3 points.

1. Pass Protection- Marc Bulger never seems to have a pocket to step into thus he's throwing off of his back foot alot. That needs to change.

2. Passing Game- Marc needs to stop forcing things. If it's not there throw the ball away for crying out loud.

2. Pass Rush-
    a) The front four is not getting to the opposing qb. I watched the RAMS drop back in coverage against the Bucs and the Cowboys and we were basically picked apart.

b) Blitz and Blitz some more. Yeah it's a gamble but at least there's a chance of getting a sack or a turnover. I'd rather go that route rather than drop back and get shredded.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Our OL is in disarray to say the least and that obviously applies whether Marc is in or Gus. ...BTW, right now I'd like to see either Frerotte start or play more.

Sorry if I didn't address all three of your points, Milan. I'm just perhaps overly concerned with our Rams OL. Not sure if Richie will be available either.

:\

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post

- Passing Game
    - Pass Rush
    - Pass Protection

Agree? Disagree?
    I agree; as far as the o line is concerned. If these guys are able to make it onto an NFL roster, then they should be prepared to play against any defense.

Were is Justin Fry?????????
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

blood85 is offline Registered User

Haven't those (3) subjects been the topics of concern since, oh I don't know, Pre-season??

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Brian Leonard was a bull with the ball when he had a hole. He had a number of second effort yards. The force is strong in this one. When we were 1st and goal at the 6, the ball should have been given to Leonard...all 4 downs, if necessary. Until we can commit to pounding the ball into the end zone, we will come away empty-handed as no defense will respect the run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]