Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Update: Amendola reportedly has shoulder separation, out 6-7 weeks

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Update: Amendola reportedly has shoulder separation, out 6-7 weeks

Danny Amendola hurts shoulder
    Updated: October 5, 2012, 1:13 AM ET
    ESPN.com news services

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola injured his right shoulder on a diving attempt at a catch in the second quarter of Thursday night's 17-3 win over the Arizona Cardinals and was later ruled out for the rest of the game.

A TV camera caught Amendola flinging his helmet into a wall with his left hand while walking in a tunnel to get X-rays. He had the arm in a sling after the game, but the Rams did not make him available to reporters.

Rams general manager Les Snead told ESPN.com's Jeffri Chadiha that the team won't know Amendola's diagnosis until Friday. Snead said Amendola's clavicle doesn't appear to be broken, and he expects him to be able to play again this season.

Amendola had a 44-yard reception on the Rams' first drive, setting up a TD pass from Sam Bradford to Lance Kendricks. Amendola entered the game with 31 receptions, second in the NFL, with two TDs and an 11.3-yard average.

Amendola missed virtually all of last season after dislocating his left elbow in the opener.

Also, Rams safety Quintin Mikell suffered a head injury in the second quarter while tackling tight end Rob Housler after a 13-yard pass from Kevin Kolb. Some players from both teams took a knee to pray while coaches and trainers attended to him, but he was able to walk off on his own.

Mikell did not return but later tweeted: "Thanks Everyone For Checkin Up On Me. I'm Good. Just Happy We Won!!"

Cardinals running back Ryan Williams was injured when he took a hit to the left shoulder and the side of his helmet at the end of a run.

Williams gained 12 yards on the play early in the fourth quarter before being hit by Darian Stewart. Williams slammed his helmet down after reaching the sideline.

Williams had 14 carries for 33 yards filling in for Beanie Wells, who missed the game with turf toe and is out until at least the ninth week of the season.

Earlier, Cardinals linebacker Reggie Walker was sidelined by a blow to the head.

It wasn't immediately clear when Walker, the backup behind Daryl Washington at an inside linebacker spot, was hurt. The injury was announced in the second quarter.

Walker has played in all four games as a reserve and on special teams.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Update: Amendola's clavicle doesn't appear to be broken, diagnosis today

I hope its nothing serious. This is the last thing we need right now, whilst on a run. We absolutely NEED Danny. He's top 5 in rec yards and second in receptions and TD's. He is better than Wes Welker already. Hopefully he, Wells, and Saffold can return soon and make huge impacts.

THE DREAM TEAM

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

With my Olivia Newton John voice......Let's get Physical, Physical.... we are going to get Physical with you!
    Nick likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I heard this on NFLAM but I was kind of still sleeping so I did not know if I heard it right. Lets hope he's not lost for too long.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Per Adam Schefter:

Tests last night to determine whether Rams WR Danny Amendola's collarbone was broken were inconclusive and he is schedule to undergo additional testing today.
    A broken clavicle should be pretty easy to diagnose from an x-ray so hopefully it's something less serious.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Well no matter what he is going to miss time...I just hope he is back after our bye week...

When it come to slot receiver Steve Smith this is ur chance to show everyone ur still that pro bowl WR form a couple years ago

at WR2 Givens and Quick one of u have to polish a little quicker...Givens had a nice catch but i think if he is the starter he is going to have make a play more than once a game and for quick lets see what he can do vs. NFL CB

The WILD CARD: Austin Pettis keep this in mind we drafted him out of boise state where he was a red zone monster...in the pre-season Bradford targeted pettis quite a bit at the goal line

One guy goes down someone else steps up
    ManofGod likes this.

FolsomFan is offline Registered User

That is the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from last night. My favorite player from my favorite team (who I also have on two fantasy football teams) got injured.

I will be anxiously awaiting the update on his injury.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well no matter what he is going to miss time...
    no break? bit premature conclusion? lets let the professionals make the call. If prayers are heard he will be back on the field asap!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    Per Adam Schefter:

A broken clavicle should be pretty easy to diagnose from an x-ray so hopefully it's something less serious.
    One would think that if there IS a fracture, it would be relatively easy to see and diagnose. But I'm not a doctor and ... "it is easier said than done!" Anyway, here's hoping that D.A. will heal sooner than later and will return strong as ever.

All the best to you Dannyeeeee!
    LA Rammer likes this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Apparently it's a dislocation of the clavicle and will be out 6-7 weeks.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    Apparently it's a dislocation of the clavicle and will be out 6-7 weeks.
    Here's what Adam Schefter is reporting:

Rams believe WR Danny Amendola suffered a sternoclavicular joint separation, which could sideline him about six weeks, though could be less.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There does not seem to be any information coming from Fisher. Here's what Softi just tweeted:

Fisher - When asked about Amendola injury Coach said I will have a injury report on Wednesday.
    Guess he's employing the Bellichick method of injury reporting. :

thermobee is offline Registered User

From NFL.com

The St. Louis Rams believed Danny Amendola might be lost for a major chunk of the season with a possible broken collarbone suffered in Thursday night's 17-3 win over the Arizona Cardinals. The news isn't quite that grim.

NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Amendola suffered a "shoulder separation where the collarbone meets the chest," according to a source who has spoken with the player. Amendola is expected to miss six to seven weeks.

That would place the wide receivers' return somewhere around Week 11 or 12. It still leaves quarterback Sam Bradford without his top target in a Rams offense populated with potential -- but little proven experience -- at the receiver position. Bradford threw a string of 12 straight incompletions Thursday night, and Amendola's absence won't help remedy those ugly streaks.

A combination of Steve Smith and Austin Pettis is best suited to replace Amendola in the slot, and we fully expect the Rams to keep him on the active roster. The team we saw last night is very much a Jeff Fisher-esque operation: scrappy and willing to battle through inherent imperfections. In a suddenly competitive NFC West, the Rams hope to get Amendola back for more than just another hollow, late-season string of games in St. Louis.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Interesting how the head coaches keep hush on some of the information regarding injuries of key players, case in point, Coach Fisher in his press conference and the situation of Danny and other Rams banged up. Responding to the media it's called 'competitive issues', i.e., sensative info.

Hope to learn soon about D.A., that he will be able to return healthy ... 1st wk of December?

Last edited by RealRam; -10-05-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: D.A.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Update: Amendola reportedly has shoulder separation, out 6-7 weeks

Over under on 6 weeks if it up to Danny.......I say UNDER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast