Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with reinjured knee

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with reinjured knee

Sam Bradford out due to injury. Not good news at first glance. But I seem to recall many on this board that said blaming Bradford for the woes of the Rams was unfair. It is a team game. 53 guys that are all looking to do one thing. Win. I think we still have a chance to do something good this year. Lot's of talent on this team. And correct me if I am wrong but Sam was never the QB of a winning team in the NFL, right?
    So, how bad can it get? We saw the 5-43 era. Don't be shocked to see the Rams do some good to great things this year.
    viper likes this.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Sad that I will remember Sam by that picture of him on the ground half crying. He flopped around like a fish on his last injury too and to this day, I'm not sure if he was even hit on that one.

I agree with those who do not think our season is over. I believe we can win quite a few games this year. Just bummed that, even though I was in the "not sold on Bradford camp", I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a new and improved Sam Bradford. Probably not a huge drop-off to go with Hill, but in what little we saw, Sam did appear to have gotten a little bigger in his upper body and had a little extra zip on his throws. Oh well, we have a good defense and good wide receivers and a running game (hopefully) so pretty sure any able bodied QB can take the controls and be successful with what we have. R.I.P. Sam Bradford.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Doesn't Sam have a year left after this one, for 15m? I don't think that the Rams can afford to cut him after this season, even utilizing the June 1 accounting trick. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him actually get an extension, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it be an incentive laden, team friendly, cheap contract that would allow him a long recovery time under team control and probably allow him to transition into the next phase of his career, as a back up, for the foreseeable future as a Ram. He is not a bad QB. He is not the most expensive bust in NFL history (as I remember, Oakland had an expensive #1 pick that was injured by Hardy burgers) and it is not his fault he was the last #1 under the previous system. I think he will realize the investment made in him though and be grateful. Sam has shown absolutely no issues with intelligence and attitude and could be an asset with any young QB brought in as a long term solution while providing a bit of a safety net.

Now, the Rams will rally around Hill and probably Davis. They will still be a decent team to watch with this defense and some decent offensive weapons, finally. They will however be looking for that long term answer at QB because even if Sam sticks around he will not be counted on to be that guy anymore.

This is SAD. But this may not be the end of Sam and it IS NOT the end of the Rams this season. That is my wish and I think it is as valid as anybody's opinion that he sucks because of conditions, and an injury that nobody predicted last year, which this current situation is a direct result of now.

Now, lets see what happens!
    Last edited by Richbert88; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:14 AM.
    viper likes this.
    Semper Fi!

Haste is offline Registered User

Is it possible to cut him and re-do his deal to be on a per game basis and based on production?

It would be nice to have him help teach the new QB for next year and start if possible until he is ready.
    Richbert88 likes this.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Is it possible to cut him and re-do his deal to be on a per game basis and based on production?

It would be nice to have him help teach the new QB for next year and start if possible until he is ready.
    That would cost us more. He still has guaranteed money left. Sam should not be teaching anyone anything, he is the one who needed a veteran QB (from the beginning) teaching him. Why we never had a legitimate experienced, winning QB to show him the ropes, I will never understand. Not to mention a serious rookie in the wings to provide some competition.

bltkmt is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger is only 37 - GET HIM ON THE PHONE!
    Bar-bq likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    That would cost us more. He still has guaranteed money left. Sam should not be teaching anyone anything, he is the one who needed a veteran QB (from the beginning) teaching him. Why we never had a legitimate experienced, winning QB to show him the ropes, I will never understand. Not to mention a serious rookie in the wings to provide some competition.
    so sam still hasn't learned anything from his own experiences then?

hard to believe...

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

......Sam should not be teaching anyone anything..........
    Absolute & complete hogwash!
    Semper Fi!

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Doesn't Sam have a year left after this one, for 15m? I don't think that the Rams can afford to cut him after this season, even utilizing the June 1 accounting trick.
    Cutting Bradford pre-June 1 will save the Rams about 13 million dollars on the cap (According to Overthecap.com). I can't see them not take that deal. Paying the complete 16 million for a QB who hasn't played in 1½ season seems too risky.

Edit: I don't know exactly how it works, when cutting an injured player. Maybe it complicates things.
    Last edited by emuen; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:48 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Sad that I will remember Sam by that picture of him on the ground half crying. He flopped around like a fish on his last injury too and to this day, I'm not sure if he was even hit on that one.
    Half crying? Flopped around like a fish? R.I.P.? Really? We all get that you didn't like Bradford, but your continued snipes at a Rams player who just experienced a career threatening tragedy, is low, and sad.

Hard to believe you can't get rid of that red mark, or up your rep power above zero.
    thoey and Mikey like this.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Half crying? Flopped around like a fish? R.I.P.? Really? We all get that you didn't like Bradford, but your continued snipes at a Rams player who just experienced a career threatening tragedy, is low, and sad.

Hard to believe you can't get rid of that red mark, or up your rep power above zero.
    That comment reminds me of the idiots on Facebook that were happy Sam got hurt - they think that's a sure sign that the Rams will move to LA. Of course, they are the same idiots that claim they have inside knowledge and have been claiming that the Rams were moving every January since 2009...

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

This is proof that you shouldn't rush back too soon from surgery on a torn ACL. That's not Sammy i'm talking about, Jake Long shouldn't have been on the field. Greg Robinson wouldn't have got Sam hurt out there.