Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with reinjured knee

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortensen: Bradford TORE ACL

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'm sure we all appreciate the up-beat emotions, but Shaun Hill is so good you can't even spell his name correctly
    I didn't say I had his poster on my wall or that I follow his Twitter account, I said he's a quality QB.

Seriously, dude... now is the time you choose to be the Spelling Police?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I didn't say I had his poster on my wall or that I follow his Twitter account, I said he's a quality QB.

Seriously, dude... now is the time you choose to be the Spelling Police?
    I was kidding. People are definitely sleeping on Shaun Hill and for all the Rams fans that want to trade for someone, get a grip.

THE DREAM TEAM

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    there goes the value on my bradford jersey

i hate the whiners
    I will wear my Bradford jersey this year anyway.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Vinnie25 is online now Registered User

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't wait till the 6th round to draft a developmental QB, especially when your starter is coming back from a serious knee injury. I'm not saying that the Rams should have drafted a QB in the 1st round, but there were plenty of good QB's available from the 2nd round on. Heck, Connor Shaw wen't undrafted, and I'd prefer him over Gilbert.
    MoonJoe likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Shawn Hill will be better than Kellen Clemens. If the D does what they should do, and the running game is solid, the Rams will be in a lot of games and can still finish around 8-8. Unfortunately, it won't be good enough to contend in the west this year.

...on the bight side, the Whiners offense looks awful so far. 2-1/2 games into the preseason and the starting offense has yet to score a TD. Preseason or not, that has to be a little concerning to the Whiner faithful. I think the Rams and Whiners play for 4th place in the West this year.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Shaun Hill reminds me of (and to a small extent looks like) Marc Bulger. Same nuances and the way he slings the ball in horns really brings me back to the thought of him. Let's just hope we get the '04-'06 Bulger and not the '07-'09 version.

To everyone throwing Mariota's name out there...wishful thinking. This team will not be bad enough to enter the sweepstakes for him. They'll be just horrible enough not to make the playoffs but miss out on the top tier prospects this year. It really puts us in a bind for the future.

I'm not giving up on the season yet either, Av. Solid defense and game managing can steal plenty of games. Will it be enough to steal a division crown or wild card spot? Time will tell. The prospects aren't good, but the Rams have done better with worse circumstances. "We will rally......."

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post

To everyone throwing Mariota's name out there...wishful thinking. This team will not be bad enough to enter the sweepstakes for him. They'll be just horrible enough not to make the playoffs but miss out on the top tier prospects this year. It really puts us in a bind for the future.
    My hope is that all of the top QBs (Mariotta, Winston, Hundley, Petty) have great years and decide to come out. If they do, perhaps the Rams will be in a position to take one of them.

Torry Holt is online now Registered User

Re: Bradford Injures Left Knee

My day is ruined...
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Vinnie25 is online now Registered User

... AND THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!
    MoonJoe likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

While I have never been a real fan of Bradford after year 2. I was hoping that he changed my mind. Unfortunately for SB this will probably be his last year in St Louis. In the famous words of Dick Vermeil "We will rally around Shaun Hill and WE WILL PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL"

Mikey is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    True, however, it's unlikely they'd hold a press conference just to say, "He'll be fine, just a minor injury." If it's a tear, and he's out for another 6 weeks, I can't see him as a long-term answer at the QB position. Five years of injuries, not being able to train and work with receivers, and inconsistent play is enough for me.
    Press conference was scheduled long before the injury. Fisher has one the day after a game every week.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I haven't had a chance to see the game either due to the aforementioned scheduling circus that NFL Network is running, but I will say I am:
    1. Devastated
    2. Not surprised Sam B is hurt again

Too me he doesn't seem to be "all aware" in the pocket and wasn't smart enough to get out of the way. I wish we would have kept Fitzpatrick and or drafted a QB in the higher rounds this year. I seriously wish we would have considered Manziel as well...sigh, I am very disappointed and we haven't even started the season yet.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I haven't had a chance to see the game either due to the aforementioned scheduling circus that NFL Network is running
    Looks like most of us never will, as they now say that Cleveland violated an advertising agreement...therefore they can not air the game that ended Sam Bradford's career as a Ram.

general counsel is offline Registered User

"Wasn't smart enough to get out of the way?" You have to be kidding me. He is looking down field to make the throw. Jake Long missed his block and the qb got hit. It's really bad luck for Sammy and the Rams, and TERRIBLE execution by Jake Long. Blaming Bradford for not being smart enough to get out of the way or not being "all aware" in the pocket, with all due respect to Moon Joe, is an example of people blaming sammy for everything that has been wrong with the offense from the day he arrived.

News flash. The qb is in charge of throwing the ball. He is not in charge of either blocking the pass rushers or having the receivers catch the ball, both issues of which severely hampered his chances of success with the Rams. Blaming Sammy for what happened last night is a blame the victim mentality that makes no sense to me in this situation.

If we want to blame someone, blame our super highly paid left tackle all pro who got whipped twice, got sammy hit twice one of which caused a season ending injury.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    RealRam and Fargo Ram Fan like this.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Looks like most of us never will, as they now say that Cleveland violated an advertising agreement...therefore they can not air the game that ended Sam Bradford's career as a Ram.
    Who said that?

Why can't they just show the Rams Broadcast instead?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE