Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with reinjured knee

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Injures Left Knee

They are working on it. IF they can arrange it, the game will air on Monday night at 8:00 p.m. ET and Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET. Absent the Rams’ broadcast, Giants-Jets and Panthers-Patriots will air in those two slots, respectively.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    They are working on it. IF they can arrange it, the game will air on Monday night at 8:00 p.m. ET and Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET. Absent the Rams’ broadcast, Giants-Jets and Panthers-Patriots will air in those two slots, respectively.
    Gotcha, I just saw the other thread after I posted. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

RealRam is offline Registered User

W H A A A A T ?!?!?! ...

Bradford out for the year with knee injury
    Jim Thomas / STL PD
    Aug. 24, 2014 p.m.

The optimism of Saturday night has turned in a Sunday afternoon nightmare for the Rams. As ESPN reported and league sources have indicated to the Post-Dispatch, quarterback Sam Bradford does indeed have a torn ACL and is out for the season.

Bradford was injured in the first quarter of Saturday night's 33-14 preseason victory over Cleveland when hit by Browns defensive end Amonty Bryant after releasing a pass to Jared Cook.

Bradford walked off the field under his own power, and by all accounts was in good spirits in the locker room. Although he prefaced his remarks by saying he didn't want to speculate, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said during his postgame press conference that the injury might merely be a hyper-extension of the knee, in which case Bradford might be ready in a week or two.

That turned out not to be the case Sunday when an MRI showed additional damage to the anterior cruciate ligament in Bradford's left knee, the same knee that needed surgery for a torn ACL last Oct. 20 at Carolina.

Without Bradford, veteran Shaun Hill becomes the starter for the Sept. 7 season opener against Minnesota and beyond. The Rams also have Austin Davis and rookie Garrett Gilbert on the roster at quarterback, but undoubtedly will be combing the waiver wires for veteran quarterback help, or possibly exploring a trade.

The Rams do have a surplus at defensive line, especially defensive end, that could be used in a trade for veteran help.

Fisher will hold a press conference at 5:30 p.m. and we'll have more details later on STLtoday.com.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: UPDATE: Bradford suspected out for season with ACL re-tear

I've merged both threads about Bradford's knee together, as it didn't seem necessary to have the discussion in two separate places.

Jeff Fisher's press conference is in minutes, we'll see if he has anything to add.
    RealRam likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    "Wasn't smart enough to get out of the way?" You have to be kidding me. He is looking down field to make the throw. Jake Long missed his block and the qb got hit. It's really bad luck for Sammy and the Rams, and TERRIBLE execution by Jake Long. Blaming Bradford for not being smart enough to get out of the way or not being "all aware" in the pocket, with all due respect to Moon Joe, is an example of people blaming sammy for everything that has been wrong with the offense from the day he arrived.

News flash. The qb is in charge of throwing the ball. He is not in charge of either blocking the pass rushers or having the receivers catch the ball, both issues of which severely hampered his chances of success with the Rams. Blaming Sammy for what happened last night is a blame the victim mentality that makes no sense to me in this situation.

If we want to blame someone, blame our super highly paid left tackle all pro who got whipped twice, got sammy hit twice one of which caused a season ending injury.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Well Joe did say he didn't get a chance to watch the game...

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with knee injury

Fisher just confirmed it, and the title has been edited to reflect confirmation.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    "Wasn't smart enough to get out of the way?" You have to be kidding me. He is looking down field to make the throw. Jake Long missed his block and the qb got hit. It's really bad luck for Sammy and the Rams, and TERRIBLE execution by Jake Long. Blaming Bradford for not being smart enough to get out of the way or not being "all aware" in the pocket, with all due respect to Moon Joe, is an example of people blaming sammy for everything that has been wrong with the offense from the day he arrived.

News flash. The qb is in charge of throwing the ball. He is not in charge of either blocking the pass rushers or having the receivers catch the ball, both issues of which severely hampered his chances of success with the Rams. Blaming Sammy for what happened last night is a blame the victim mentality that makes no sense to me in this situation.

If we want to blame someone, blame our super highly paid left tackle all pro who got whipped twice, got sammy hit twice one of which caused a season ending injury.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I stand by my comment. This was a pre-season game which meant nothing. He is returning from another injury that has kept him out and is more prone to injury because of previous damage. He knows Long is rusty, coming back from his injury as well.

He is supposed to be a leader and consider these things, but he shows his one dimension logic by assuming he had coverage. When I look at the tape, he let's the player roll over his leg instead of jumping or going down.

I also respectively disagree that his only job is to throw the ball. His job duties cover way more than just throwing the ball, but if that is what Sam has been taught to believe, it explains a lot about his career...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Re: UPDATE: Bradford confirmed out for season with reinjured knee

As Coach Fisher speaks at the press conference, this image, alas, is now ... just ... too ... haunting.

Alright Rams, let's step up and support Sam Bradford by playing good football!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Sure, there are other responsibilities beyond throwing, including leadership, adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage etc, none of which i see as relevant with respect to the play in question. Blocking and catching are not among them his responsibilities.

We can agree to disagree you are certainly entitled to your opinion, the "one dimensional logic" point is simply beyond my capabilities to understand. "Assuming he had coverage," I dont know that than means either. To say that he "let" the player roll over his leg is another point on which can simply agree to disagree. He tried to turn to get out of the way, and he got twisted up awkwardly. In my strong view, its just bad luck, other than lousy blocking by Jake Long, which is not bad luck at all.

Sure, its preseason. Is he supposed to throw the ball away and stop the play everytime someone gets within a few feet of him? It's happening pretty fast out there.

Either way, if you were never a bradford fan, this is of course more food for people to attack i guess. I hope everyone is happy when the next alleged savior arrives, because if we dont block and catch for the next guy an awful lot better than we did for sammy during his era, the next guy isnt going to do much better, same way bulger was terrific when he had blocking and weapons and lousy when he didnt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mikey is online now Registered User

Disappointing news that Sam is in fact gone. I'm going to bury my tears for a few days in some bourbon and come back ready to root on Shaun and the Rams. We've got enough talent to keep us from having a top 5 or 10 pick and securing a big named qb draft pick. But I think the Rams will be fine going forward and I'll trust in Snisher to do the right thing.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Wow.......................

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Such a sad day. This sucks big time. Feel really bad for Bradford.

10m39s80i81t is offline Registered User

Bradford's starting career is over. He's a china doll. So sad.
    macrammer likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

here's hoping that Shaun Hill pulls a Josh McCown.

Bradford is going to go down as the most expensive bust in NFL history unfortunately. That's a shame because it's not his fault that he got picked first overall under the old CBA and got a fortune, but he can't stay healthy and eats up a ton of cap-room.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradwill View Post

Bradford is going to go down as the most expensive bust in NFL history unfortunately. That's a shame because it's not his fault that he got picked first overall under the old CBA and got a fortune, but he can't stay healthy and eats up a ton of cap-room.
    Yes, very unfortunately. Oh, how he must feel right now!

How most Rams fans must feel right now.