Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Re: Update from Howard on what transpired on the James fumble

what i dont understand is how the replay showing Wade had the ball wasnt available. if you watch the highlights on NFL.com you can clearly see that Wade has the ball in the endzone and then Reggie Wells comes over and takes it off him when Wade is laying on the ground on top of the ball. I dont blame Wade for losing the ball because there is a massive size/strength difference there. But i dont see how Wells seemingly managed to rip the ball out from under Wade without touching him down in the endzone.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    ya if we run the ball with 2:15 1 or 2 times and take time off the clock just before 1/2 time insted of 3 incompletes and we got a f/g we don't leave kurt 1:15 to go down to get a td (that coaching is killing us)
    Or if we complete those passes, then we're in the same situation. You don't have to run to keep the clock going; you just have to complete the pass.

On another note, I don't think anyone is crying per say, but there appears to be a very real complaint about the officiating. Obviously the Rams did enough to hurt themselves as well, but the point is they shouldn't have to fight officiating in the process.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Or if we complete those passes, then we're in the same situation. You don't have to run to keep the clock going; you just have to complete the pass.

On another note, I don't think anyone is crying per say, but there appears to be a very real complaint about the officiating. Obviously the Rams did enough to hurt themselves as well, but the point is they shouldn't have to fight officiating in the process.
    I agree, nobody is crying. It did happen, it changed the game, and of course people will talk about it. Whether we would have won if the calls were correct who knows. So it's not just about the poor officiating, we also made mistakes that contributed to the loss. The officiating was a partial factor, and it is a legit bone of contention.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

Even the Cards fans know it was a blown call. I read some of their posts on their board. But they feel they deserve it because of all the past misdeeds done to them by officials.

Heucrazy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by snackdaddy View Post
    Even the Cards fans know it was a blown call. I read some of their posts on their board. But they feel they deserve it because of all the past misdeeds done to them by officials.
    It was a blown call. It should have been Cards ball on the 1. Edge was clearly down and the ground clearly caused the fumble.

As for what happened in the endzone Wells took the ball away from the Wade and it was rulled a touchdown because Wade never had possesion. If you watch the replay the ball was clearly still moving around when Wells went in there and snatched it.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Heucrazy View Post
    It was a blown call. It should have been Cards ball on the 1. Edge was clearly down and the ground clearly caused the fumble.

As for what happened in the endzone Wells took the ball away from the Wade and it was rulled a touchdown because Wade never had possesion. If you watch the replay the ball was clearly still moving around when Wells went in there and snatched it.
    Key word being "snatched" as in, had possession?

RealRam is offline Registered User

It ends up being just another bitter, bitter experience to swallow in addition to our injuries. We were 00:00 time left at the end of the 1st half...that close... to having 7 points less scored by the opponents at the end of the game.

'Certainly could have been the difference between L and W!

Heucrazy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Key word being "snatched" as in, had possession?
    As in was trying to get possession and had it taken away from him. A fumbled football is the most slippery substance on Earth. We should use them instead of oil on our cars.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont follow the arguments of many on this topic. Apparantly, even given that the refs blew the call, its still their ball on the 1 yard line. If they score on the next play, there is no damage by the blown call.

What are the odds that they score a td from the 1 yard line. Pretty darn good i would say.

Thus, i am not sure that you can say with any real degree of conviction that the call changed the game. It MAY have changed the game, and it certainly would be a stronger argument if the play occurred on 4th down, but i dont see how much it really changes anything if they score anyway.

When you throw an INT for a TD, its tough to blame the refs for losing the game. See also sb 36.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    What are the odds that they score a td from the 1 yard line. Pretty darn good i would say.
    That's not the point though, GC. The point is the Cardinals were awarded points they did not earn.

Besides, I would think a 3rd & 1 run from the goalline would have a strong chance for success as well, but who knows what happens? Maybe Warner fumbles the snap as he did in the third quarter. Maybe there's a penalty on the next run that backs the Cardinals up. There are plenty of things that could happen that put the touchdown in jeopardy.

woody4cards is offline Registered User

gc- you are making way to much sense for this crowd!!!

funny thing happened on sunday after the game..... there was a thread that claimed the officials admitted to making mistakes... yet i have not seen anything from the league office!!!!

or was that the official spokesperson/ statement from clanram?

snackdaddy- it was 1 count it 1 person that made that statement!!!

face it guys!!! the nfl wanted to see the lambs at 0-5 and they did what was necessary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    gc- you are making way to much sense for this crowd!!!

funny thing happened on sunday after the game..... there was a thread that claimed the officials admitted to making mistakes... yet i have not seen anything from the league office!!!!

or was that the official spokesperson/ statement from clanram?

snackdaddy- it was 1 count it 1 person that made that statement!!!

face it guys!!! the nfl wanted to see the lambs at 0-5 and they did what was necessary!!!
    Answer this one question, and a yes or no answer will suffice. Did the Cards earn the TD when Edge fumbled? Be honest.

nope!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    nope!!!!!!
    Exactly.

See you in December.

now the rest of the story!!!!

i thought he had possesion..... granted i have not studied the tape..... someone else on another thread wrote that he was still trying to gain control.... i did not see it that way..... my point of contention is - was .... edge was down and it was clear from the replays he was down when the ball came out as he tried to stretch the ball over the line.... the officials blew the entire series of events.... and they coulc have given the cards the ball at the 1....

my real opinion is..... as much as i think instant replay is needed the officials have come to relly on it...way too much.... they make a "lazy" or "easy" call and then rely on the video to get it right, however there is not
    always "proof" to over turn the call!!!! and get it right- they need to go back to making a call with the mindset that there is no instant replay available... i have been watching football for 30 plus years and i think they made better and more accurate calls before instant replay

of course none will admit to it and i do want replay to stay

onto other business..... hopefully the competition committee will have an emergency meeting soon and get this timeout seconds before a field goal thing fixed!!! it is just wrong!!! if they are going to call a t.o. to ice the kicker then call the t.o. when the center gets set.... but to call it within seconds of the ball being snapped is not in the best interest of the spirit of competition and leave it to shannahan to come up with this unsportsmanlike tactic!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast