throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Update: McDaniels not fired... yet

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Update: McDaniels not fired... yet

This was buried in some other threads as passing comments, but just in case someone was curious, this was from Rotoworld and I believe was brought up during the press conference this afternoon...

The Rams have not fired offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as of Monday.

Jeff Fisher would probably look in a different direction if hired as the Rams' next head coach, but McDaniels is sticking around for now. It's no secret that owner Stan Kroenke is a big McD supporter and personally pushed for his hiring this past offseason. Strongly working against McDaniels, of course, is the fact that the Rams had the NFL's 31st-ranked offense in terms of yardage this season. They were dead last in points scored.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: Update: McDaniels not fired... yet

Lol ive been saying it from the begining mcd wasnt a spags guy... It was either devanny or kroenke that wanted him, and looks like it was kroenke.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I hope we keep him....and Lloyd
    Dwight Frye likes this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Probably something like if he gets hired somewhere else the Rams don't have to pay him.
    MoonJoe likes this.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I like McD, keep him. I see the connection, Josh was HC in Denver and Stan has the
    Nuggets. Im sure they've crossed paths in the Mile High and are familiar with
    each other. McD deserves more time, at lease for Bradford's sake. Don't be surprised
    if McD make a bid for Rams open HC job.
    TekeRam likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Was it McDaniels who called the rediculous play that had Jerious Norwood try to throw a pass across the field while rolling the opposite direction to Clemens?? I'm not a big McD fan, but if he stays, I hope it works out.
    Fettmaster likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Was it McDaniels who called the rediculous play that had Jerious Norwood try to throw a pass across the field while rolling the opposite direction to Clemens?? I'm not a big McD fan, but if he stays, I hope it works out.
    I also question his trick plays... how about having Bradford run a bootleg with a high ankle. I hope they move on... I also don't think he would be here long if the Rams have success leaving us starting over again in a year or two.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Was it Shurmur who tried to make Amendola throw to DX only to get it picked off but we dodged a bullet with a pass interference call against the Whiners at home last season?
    San Diego Ram likes this.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

It's no secret that owner Stan Kroenke is a big McD supporter and personally pushed for his hiring this past offseason. ...
    If true, that kind of blows up Kroenke's reputation as an off-hands owner, doesn't it?

Isn't this contradictory to what NFL pundits have been saying about his out-of-the-way ownership style, and why it's the main reason the Rams have gone from least to most wanted team to manage and coach in the NFL?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I didn't think McD deserved to be employed the entire year due to his pathetic play calling and lack of ability to make adjustments. He didn't do this team any favors with his system and he didn't help Sam out all that much.

Now that the slate is being cleaned, I hope McD is cast off as well. He's over rated and certainly doesn't deserve a HC position out of this debacle.
    Semper Fi!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'm all for giving McDaniels at least another year, with a full off-season (training camp), particularly if it means we can re-sign Brandon Lloyd. I personally believe Spags' conservative nature had a lot to do with our failures on offense, and that McDaniels was probably limited in his approach because of it.

Besides that, I think it is extremely important that Bradford is not made to learn another offense next season.
    laram0 and TekeRam like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I also question his trick plays... how about having Bradford run a bootleg with a high ankle.
    How about Steven Jackson having to scream at him to get a coherent play called on the goal line?

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Was it Shurmur who tried to make Amendola throw to DX only to get it picked off but we dodged a bullet with a pass interference call against the Whiners at home last season?
    Not sure how Shurmer figures into this, but the state of the offense this year is a clear indictment of McDaniels IMO.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm all for giving McDaniels at least another year, with a full off-season (training camp), particularly if it means we can re-sign Brandon Lloyd. I personally believe Spags' conservative nature had a lot to do with our failures on offense, and that McDaniels was probably limited in his approach because of it.

Besides that, I think it is extremely important that Bradford is not made to learn another offense next season.
    Im kind of in two minds, about McDaniels staying on as a OC. On the one hand, I like to think that the McD offense, will be a good fit, once Bradford has maxed out his potential as a QB.? On the other hand, Im kind of thinking it would be a better fit for the team, and Bradford. If they went back to a WCO theme for next year.?
    Im a little worried about Kroenke's plans for McDaniels to be honest.? McD play calling has been a little odd at times this season. But I kind of feel it was more a case of bad execution, on the part of the players, and not his system.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-02-2012 at 09:18 PM.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

They (NFL Network) says it takes 3 years to completely learn McD's offense. Is that job security or what? We'll see, obviously Sam likes it as has says if he gets a vote it would be to keep McD. I just want to snag Jeff Fisher as the HC. He's a defensive guy so McD would be a nice contrast. Plus we get a better shot at keeping Brandon Lloyd.

Go Rams!
    TekeRam likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Im kind of in two minds, about McDaniels staying on as a OC. On the one hand, I like to think that the McD offense, will be a good fit, once Bradford has maxed out his potential as a QB.? On the other hand, Im kind of thinking it would be a better fit for the team, and Bradford. If they went back to a WCO theme for next year.?
    Im a little worried about Kroenke's plans for McDaniels to be honest.? McD play calling has been a little odd at times this season. But I kind of feel it was more a case of bad execution, on the part of the players, and not his system.?
    I can't write off the struggles of the offense due to lack of execution for McD if I can't do so for Spags.

And those goal line play calls a couple weeks ago weren't execution, except for maybe the logic of it.

I say trade McD to KC if they want him so bad. Get a 4 or 5 for him.
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast