Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

UPDATE: Prospects of Rams trading for Vincent Jackson are "minimal," says La Canfora

Per Rotoworld:

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune has "heard speculation...from an NFL person" that the Rams will call the Chargers about the availability of unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.
    With Donnie Avery on I.R. and Keenan Burton (knee) shut down, now is the time if the Rams are going to make a move. Acee does make it clear that this is not a report and only "speculation," but confirms that "more than Seattle has called" about Jackson. In a wide-open NFC West, the Rams could take a big jump with an improved passing attack. It doesn't hurt that V-Jax would also help Steven Jackson as one of the NFL's top run-blocking wideouts.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Speculation: Rams to Call Chargers about Vincent Jackson

And this is the source, The Chargers' Mailbag:

Q: Scott K
    7:20 PM Aug 28, 2010

Hey Kevin- Is AJ only letting Vjack talk to Seattle or is Seattle the only NFC team that has requested to talk with Vjack? Seems like we would trade him to any team like St. Louis, just not to an AFC contender.

A: Kevin Acee
    8:05 AM Aug 29, 2010

I think St. Louis should call. I've heard speculation they will. (Just speculation, albeit from an NFL person, but just speculation.) ... Answer to your question is that more than Seattle has called.

------

Nonetheless, with the Burton injury, I hope there's some merit to this. How confident is Billy D with Laurent Robinson? What happens if he goes down too?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Did I miss something... is Burton out? I thought he picked up some momentum in the second half of the Pats game.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Where there is smoke there is fire?

Come on Billy D, pull the trigger!

The Future is NOW!

(I really need the Rams to compete this year, the (STL) Cardinals are letting me down big time)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Did I miss something... is Burton out? I thought he picked up some momentum in the second half of the Pats game.
    He got hurt in practice. Swollen knee if I'm not mistaken.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Quoting Howard Balzer's Twitter account...

Shocking news from Rams practice today: WR Keenan Burton was shut down after experiencing swelling in hius knee.
    Have to be questions whether he can ever stay healthy.
    Rams WR Laurent Robinson not practicing because of mid-foot sprain. Next three receivers appear to be Amendola, Gilyard and Brandon Gibson.

Hard to say if Burton or Robinson play in the final preseason game, but the fact that they're already dinged up before the season even starts probably isn't a good sign for two guys who have had problems throughout their career staying healthy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

It depends on what the man wants. If jackson wants to be paid like a top 5 receiver he simply is not that good, but if he is willing to get something reasonable done then I dont see much harm in it. Does anyone know of any major character issues?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hard to say if Burton or Robinson play in the final preseason game, but the fact that they're already dinged up before the season even starts probably isn't a good sign for two guys who have had problems throughout their career staying healthy.
    Yeah. We need to do something, because if those 3 are our top 3 wideouts, I feel for Bradford. We need to bring in someone whether it be V-Jax or another WR.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    It depends on what the man wants. If jackson wants to be paid like a top 5 receiver he simply is not that good, but if he is willing to get something reasonable done then I dont see much harm in it. Does anyone know of any major character issues?
    Quoting from a July NFL.com wire report...

In February, Jackson was sentenced to four days in jail and five years of probation after pleading guilty to a DUI charge stemming from a January 2009 arrest. In January of this year, Jackson was pulled over while on his way to the team's divisional playoff loss to the New York Jets and arrested for driving with a suspended license and an expired registration.

The 2009 arrest was Jackson's second for DUI since he joined the Chargers. He pleaded guilty after the first incident in 2006 and still was on probation when he was arrested again in January 2009. Because it was his second DUI conviction, Jackson was subject to the NFL's personal-conduct policy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

All of that sounds awful obviously but you should check out the recent video posted on NFL.com. It's a 1 on 1 interview with V. Jax and Jason La Canfora. He seems quite humble and I certainly--especially with the very thin depth and lack of experience at WR--would give him a shot at a reasonable price.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    All of that sounds awful obviously but you should check out the recent video posted on NFL.com. It's a 1 on 1 interview with V. Jax and Jason La Canfora. He seems quite humble and I certainly--especially with the very thin depth and lack of experience at WR--would give him a shot at a reasonable price.
    If he would accept a reasonable price, he'd be signed by now. I'm too tired to find them now, but as I recall the news articles on Jackson said the teams that have called on him have balked at his absurd asking price.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Multiple DUI's sounds nasty, along with the apparently big contract he wants I think I would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    If he would accept a reasonable price, he'd be signed by now. I'm too tired to find them now, but as I recall the news articles on Jackson said the teams that have called on him have balked at his absurd asking price.
    Who knows? The video has him denying any such claims. It's hard to know what to believe. But I'd like to think Vincent Jackson isn't lying about [I]not[I] asking for such a hefty contract.

This was on ESPN's Rumor Central...

Our last notes on the Vincent Jackson trade market included a bevy of possibly interested suitors. As a deadline approaches this weekend, one of those teams can be crossed off the list.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen updated the world on Wednesday that he was leaving Indianapolis. But within the same tweet, he mentioned, "btw, do not include Rams on Vincent Jackson watch."

The logic behind a Rams trade for Jackson has been debated at length here and elsewhere, with good points on both sides. One interesting factor is the Spagnuolo regime's adoption of the "Four Pillars" system (faith, character, core values, team first), a system that would seem to rule them out for a player like Jackson.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

It would depend upon what the Chargers were asking. I don't think the Rams would give up a 1st or 2nd rounder if they passed on Brandon Marshall for a 2nd rounder.

There has reportedly been a LOT of hype about VJax's contract demands. The VJax camp has said the Chargers are leaking dollar demands that are out of the ball park high to make themselves look good. VJax just wants a long term deal. We'll never know the facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast