Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Speculation: Rams to Call Chargers about Vincent Jackson

If V Jax just wants a long term deal, Im sure the Rams would be happy to give him a $2million a year deal for 14 years :P

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    If V Jax just wants a long term deal, Im sure the Rams would be happy to give him a $2million a year deal for 14 years :P
    That would just be plain wrong. You can't expect a person to live on $2M/year - this is exactly why they need a union!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Multiple DUI's sounds nasty, along with the apparently big contract he wants I think I would pass.

Are you kidding? The NFL is full of grown men, and sometimes these men make mistakes. Vince will serve his punishment. But it obviously doesn't take away the fact that he is a great talent. The NFL has killers, thieves, and alleged rapists on their rosters. If the worst thing that Vince did was get stopped for two DUI's that were three years apart, I'm o.k. with that. You know why? Because is a good receiver. Laurent Robinson could be sober everyday of his life and be a nice character man, but he won't have Vincent Jackson's talent. I want this team to compete and win games. How do you expect that to happen in today's NFL, no scratch that, in today's world if every single guy we sign has to be a angel? Eventually we'll sign someone who has messed up. Perhaps multiple times. But they'll compete, produce, and everyone will be happy.

But knocking a guy for going out and trying to get the money he thinks he's worth? If he thinks he has the talent to paid like a top 5 WR, then by all means he should have the right to try and get paid that money. That doesn't mean we have to agree with him (I don't). But I certainly don't fault him for trying to get paid. That's his prerogative and I don't think trying to get the money you feel you have earned is indicative of bad character.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

We should not have cut BrookS Foster when we did. Yeah, I know there was no way we could know that Avery would get hurt and miss the entire season; but, then again with Team Brittle (Avery, Burton, and Robinson) maybe the Rams should have anticipated that one or all of them would go down at some point.

I would have at the very least hung on to Foster to the end of TC and see where we were at that point.

I guess all we can do is wait and see if Keenan (every joint in my body is inflamed) Burton or Laurent (change my number to 9-1-1) Robinson can get healthy and get on the field.

WHAT SAY YE?

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Are you kidding? The NFL is full of grown men, and sometimes these men make mistakes.
    Are YOU kidding? Being a 'grown man' doesnt include a PATTERN of driving DRUNK. There are words for people who do that...and 'grown' is not one of them. I think more fitting words are: MORONIC, FOOLISH, CRIMINAL and SOCIOPATH. The Rams have been down this road before. The league happens to be full of talented players with NO pattern of addictive and or criminal behavior. You either stand for something (4 pillars) or you DONT. You dont alter your principals because you have lost one player for the year.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Are YOU kidding? Being a 'grown man' doesnt include a PATTERN of driving DRUNK. There are words for people who do that...and 'grown' is not one of them. I think more fitting words are: MORONIC, FOOLISH, CRIMINAL and SOCIOPATH. The Rams have been down this road before. The league happens to be full of talented players with NO pattern of addictive and or criminal behavior. You either stand for something (4 pillars) or you DONT. You dont alter your principals because you have lost one player for the year.
    Missed my point brotha. What I should have said was the NFL is full of human beings that make mistakes, and if you have made a mistake or two in the past, it shouldn't automatically disqualify you from being a Ram. Vince has certainly screwed up before, but I don't think he is a bad person, and I sure don't think he's a sociopath.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    We should not have cut BrookS Foster when we did. Yeah, I know there was no way we could know that Avery would get hurt and miss the entire season; but, then again with Team Brittle (Avery, Burton, and Robinson) maybe the Rams should have anticipated that one or all of them would go down at some point.

I would have at the very least hung on to Foster to the end of TC and see where we were at that point.

I guess all we can do is wait and see if Keenan (every joint in my body is inflamed) Burton or Laurent (change my number to 9-1-1) Robinson can get healthy and get on the field.

WHAT SAY YE?
    So because of injuries we should have kept Brooks Foster, a guy who has never played a regular season NFL game due to injuries?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    We should not have cut BrookS Foster when we did.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    So because of injuries we should have kept Brooks Foster, a guy who has never played a regular season NFL game due to injuries?
    Let's expand on that from another angle - if the Rams were willing to cut Brooks Foster in order to make room for Danario Alexander over a week ago, can we assume that the coaching staff had already made up their mind about what they thought Foster could contribute to this team and his chances of making the final roster? I doubt the Rams cut Foster while keeping Kent, Curry, or McRae if they didn't think the latter list could achieve just as much if not more than Brooks.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Saw this on Rotoworld:

The Chargers are asking for a second-round pick in 2011 and a third-round pick in 2012 in exchange for Vincent Jackson, according to Yahoo's Michael Silver.
    Assuming that this is accurate (and, in my experience, Silver's accuracy is worse than Shaq's free throw %), I would not call that asking price outrageous.

My bigger concerns would be (1) Jackson's contract demands, and (2) his off-the-field issues.

I'd say its highly doubtful that the Rams will get involved in Jackson's future, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

2nd round in 2011 and 3rd rd in 2012 for vincent?

Should we do it? He is 27 years old and was 9th in receiving yards in 2009. Nice weapon for Bradford

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: 2nd round in 2011 and 3rd rd in 2012 for vincent?

Is this something being discussed somewhere or are you coming up with this yourself?

In either case, I'll pass.

Edit: Ok, I see it is being discussed in the other Vincent Jackson thread.
    Last edited by Nick_Weasel; -09-02-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: update

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

great just what we needed, another vincent jackson thread...
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    Should we do it? He is 27 years old and was 9th in receiving yards in 2009. Nice weapon for Bradford
    No! I'd rather we not go out and overspend or mortgage our future (trading valuable draft picks) on a guy with questionable character. Perhaps the Rams might look at Sam Hurd of the Cowboys, who though not as large as Jackson, is a respectable 6'3" and around 210 lbs. He would come a lot cheaper. I'd prefer that the Rams continue to rebuild through the draft taking the player that best combines BPA with need ..

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    great just what we needed, another vincent jackson thread...
    Just for that i'm going to start another thread with vincent jackson baby pictures.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Saw this on Rotoworld:

Assuming that this is accurate (and, in my experience, Silver's accuracy is worse than Shaq's free throw %), I would not call that asking price outrageous.

My bigger concerns would be (1) Jackson's contract demands, and (2) his off-the-field issues.

I'd say its highly doubtful that the Rams will get involved in Jackson's future, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
    Definately not outrageous it is less than Brandon Marshall. IMO he is nowhere as detrimental to locker rooms as Brandon Marshall or Santonio Holmes. In that group they all have there off the field problems, but Jackson has the fewest inner team problems. People say we are mortgaging our future on him, but he is only 27. You would be hard pressed to find a rookie 2nd rounder get you 1000 yards, draw constant double teams, and close to double digit TDs year one. Matt Ryan was great year one because he had Rody White who I think is pretty close to Jackson in terms of WR rankings. I don't know if the Rams will do it, but Bradford needs his rody preferably sooner than later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast