Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Update: Rams videos on the Clan

If you're capable of recording all of the Rams game this season and willing to host those files on your own server, please PM me and let me know.

Dez does not have a problem with someone hosting the files themselves on their own space and linking to them here on the Clan, so we want to make sure that we have someone capable of doing this for every game.

If that's something you're both capable of and interested in doing, please send me a PM and let me know. We may need a few people in case someone misses a weekend or something.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Update: Rams videos on the Clan

can i just say, these videos can be hosted on sites like rapidshare.de and megaupload.com

these sites allow uploading of files and they wouldnt eat up other peoples server space, the only problem is they have a size limit and dont work for everyone depending on ISPs etc

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    can i just say, these videos can be hosted on sites like rapidshare.de and megaupload.com
    Thanks for the links. I'll be coordinating further information about games and hosting through PM with those who PM me with interest.

ok i get what you mean...

i would help if possible, but im afraid im not in a good position

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

We REALLY should use BitTorrent for this! That way everyone will help with the bandwidth, it'll be much easier on the server especially during crunchtime when everyone is trying to get the same file at the same time. It's a heck of a lot faster than rapidshare or anything like that.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

MegaUpload (Max File Size - 250MB)

YouSendIt (Max File Size - 100MB)

RapidShare (Max File Size - 300MB)

DailyMotion (Max File Size - 1GB!)
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark
    We REALLY should use BitTorrent for this!
    Bit Torrent is an option, but I'm not sure how feasible of an option it is. It would require people online to download from, whereas a regular web hosting site would allow people to download without being dependent on others online. Furthermore, everyone would have to download additional software for Bit Torrent, and some might not be so keen on that idea. I tend to think a web hosting site would be better for this specific purpose.

Milan is offline Registered User

We REALLY should use BitTorrent for this! That way everyone will help with the bandwidth, it'll be much easier on the server especially during crunchtime when everyone is trying to get the same file at the same time. It's a heck of a lot faster than rapidshare or anything like that.
    Actually, Rapidshare can go at 300kb/s-2mb/s for me when torrents go maximum, 60 kb/s.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Furthermore, everyone would have to download additional software for Bit Torrent, and some might not be so keen on that idea.
    Oh yeah, I forget since I use Opera for browsing myself, which has built-in BitTorrent support. As a sidenote, I highly recommend it for those who want to try out something new, it's the best browser there is IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I tend to think a web hosting site would be better for this specific purpose.
    Hmm, maybe. I guess in terms of possible copyright issues, we'd be better off downloading from some web site rather than uploading material ourselves...I'm not exactly sure on that, it seems to me it should be legal really, since it is very similar to recording the game with your VCR from TV and lending that tape out to friends afterwards. We're not talking live broadcasts, so I think that analogy holds up well. However I guess you never know with those draconian laws the entertainment industry is passing (buying) these days...

Anyway, I hope this turns into something, one way or another. It would be nice if we could get something up and running in preseason to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Actually, Rapidshare can go at 300kb/s-2mb/s for me when torrents go maximum, 60 kb/s.
    Hmm, strange. In my experience it's more or less the opposite, I guess it may have something to do with the servers' locations or maybe I've just downloaded at unlucky times where the servers were almost full.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-19-2006 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

i would prefer a hosted download compared to a torrent, i think a gurenteed download would be better then having to make sure people are online and can seed a torrent, especially considering that a lot of users are in different time zones

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    MegaUpload (Max File Size - 250MB)

YouSendIt (Max File Size - 100MB)

RapidShare (Max File Size - 300MB)

DailyMotion (Max File Size - 1GB!)

I looked at Daily Motion and it looks like you can only stream the game and not download the file itself.

There is also sendspace.com which is up to 300MB
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Anyway, I hope this turns into something, one way or another. It would be nice if we could get something up and running in preseason to test it out
    Well it'll depend on who can do it. I have yet to get a PM about it.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

The main thing is we need someone who can record the games and shrink them with divx and upload them to one of those sites, or if someone wants to host them. Someone in the other thread said they had an FTP server available, now if someone can record the games we could use that possibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I don't understand what you lot are going on about but if it means we can watch rams games I'm all for it just let me know what I need to do

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

OK, I think I want to play around with this. I've had a DIVX converter, TV Card, Intervideo WinDVR, Nero, Ulead Media Studio Pro, and a sattleite connection too long. I started to record the Rams-Texans game on FSMW, but they cut it after 7 minutes. So, after converting it to MPEG, burning it to a VCD, converting it to DIVX, and uploading it to Dailymotion, here it is.

It's not super great quality, but here's a link:

Rams-Texans Test Clip

Disclaimer: I know this isn't as good as you can find elsewhere. Remember, when I learned computer programming, I learned on a keypunch. The first job I used my computer skills on required me to input data on a teletype connected to a Sperry-Univac. My cell phone does more than the computers I learned on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast