Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

UPDATED: Sam Bradford Status: No Practice Today For Rams QB

by Ryan Van Bibber on Nov 2, 2011

Sam Bradford of the St. Louis Rams will not practice today.

Sam Bradford of the St. Louis Rams will not practice today.

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford will not practice today. Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo told the Arizona media on a conference call this morning that his starting quarterback will not be on the practice field today as the Rams start preparing for their week 9 road game against the Arizona Cardinals. Spagnuolo did not rule out the possibility of Bradford practicing later this week or getting the start against Arizona.

Earlier the week, Spagnuolo was non-committal on Bradford's ability to practice today. The quarterback is still dealing with a high ankle sprain suffered in week 6 against Green Bay. Bradford was out of a walking boot on Monday and resumed strength work, but has yet to get back to specific football activities.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

re: UPDATED: Sam Bradford Status: No Practice Today For Rams QB

Disappointing, but better safe than sorry. It makes no sense to push things with Bradford if he still has issues with the ankle. He'll know when he's ready, until then, keep him off the field.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The fact that it's his left foot (non-planting foot) indicates it's either a lot worse than we thought, or his pain-tolerance is not that great.

If he doesn't practice, he shouldn't play. But he's not getting any time with WR Lloyd which is disappointing. Hopefully, AJ's timing and accuracy improve this week with another week of practice under his belt, because he missed a couple of BIG opportunities last week due to poor throws.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BEER is offline Registered User

I think if bradford played last week, we lose.. Only because he doesnt lead. when he does lead I see a brighter pic.....

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Bradford at 80% still gives us a better chance than A.J so i wouldnt agree with BEER .. But i hope bradford doesnt push the boundries too much and i've read that if it worsens to a certain extent, it could take months of recovery.

But against the Cards, A.J should suffice.

I would not rule Sam out at this time, but it is not what we wanted to hear....

BEER no comment
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-02-2011 at 05:34 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    Disappointing, but better safe than sorry. It makes no sense to push things with Bradford if he still has issues with the ankle. He'll know when he's ready, until then, keep him off the field.
    Totally agree. Maybe SB should dress up for game but stand patiently on sideline as Rams back-up QB Vs. AZ. One more week should do the trick for that ankle.

BY KATHLEEN NELSON | Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:15 pm

The Rams are taking baby steps toward the return of Sam Bradford, who is still recovering from a high ankle sprain.

Bradford did not practice Wednesday, though the brace and wrap on his left ankle were smaller. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said that Bradford took a few reps in a walk-through inside but not on the practice field.

"Sam is up and watching, but he's still not at the point where we can put him out there and practice," Spagnuolo said, listing Bradford as day-to-day.

Bradford said he wore the brace only on the field and had no soreness. "It feels great to be allowed to come outside and watch practice, much better than sitting in the training room," Bradford said. "I think hopefully by Friday or even tomorrow, depending on how it feels, I'll get in there for a couple reps."

Defensive tackle Darell Scott and offensive tackle Jason Smith, both suffering from concussions, have not been cleared for practice.

Returning to practice on a limited basis were wide receiver Danario Alexander (hamstring), linebacker Brady Poppinga (calf) and guard Tony Wragge (knee).

Mark Clayton (Achilles), running back Jerious Norwood (hamstring) and cornerback Justin King (groin) participated fully.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-02-2011 at 05:31 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Good news on Clayton. Hopefully he doesn't suffer any set backs and can get activated soon... Maybe even for this week against Arizona...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Good news on Clayton. Hopefully he doesn't suffer any set backs and can get activated soon... Maybe even for this week against Arizona...
    If hes not activated off the PUP this week he has to go to IR.

On this week’s edition of “As the Ankle Heals,” Rams quarterback Sam Bradford appears to be poised to make his first strides toward a return since suffering a high left ankle sprain in the Oct. 16 game against Green Bay.

With the ankle out of the hard cast and walking boot he’d been wearing for the better part of the past two weeks, Bradford is beginning to feel free again and moving better than he has since suffering the injury.

“You have no idea,” Bradford said. “It feels great. It feels nice to be allowed to come outside and watch practice, too. It’s much better than sitting in the training room so it feels great and hopefully it will only continue to get better.”

Before anyone jumps the gun on what that means for Bradford’s status against Arizona this week, it’s important to note that Bradford did not practice on Wednesday and was listed as such on the injury report.

However, Bradford at least took a step in the right direction by participating in a little bit of the team’s walk through and being out on the practice field rather than the training room during the workout.

“He stood in there during our walkthrough and kind of took some plays,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said. “He didn’t move very much but he was standing there doing some walkthrough stuff but that’s it.”

The best news for Bradford is that he’s no longer wearing the walking boot or hard cast that he had been sporting recently. In fact, Bradford is wearing a light brace when he’s on the field but is able to walk around at home like normal without the use of any brace or additional padding.

Likewise, Bradford has been working on some strengthening exercises with head athletic trainer Reggie Scott.

“It feels pretty good walking around,” Bradford said. “I haven’t tested it with running or full speed drops but Reggie has a plan and we are on that plan. We came out here and did a little bit today and we’ll hopefully do a little more tomorrow and see where it is by the end of the week.”

Scott has pieced together a schedule for Bradford to follow as he continues to rehab the ankle and get ready to test it again.

The Rams are taking a cautious approach with Bradford after he suffered a bit of a setback when he tested the ankle in a Friday practice on Oct. 21.

The always competitive Bradford would prefer to be back on the field now and going through a normal week of practice but that doesn’t seem quite possible just yet.

For this week, Bradford is hoping to make small steps this week in practice and eventually find his way on to the field for Sunday’s game in Arizona.

“If they would have let me practice today I would have loved to have practiced,” Bradford said. “Yeah, I think hopefully by Friday or even tomorrow I can get in there for a couple reps. I think one of the big things is whatever we do this week, we don’t want to make it more sore for Sunday if I do play. Whatever we do, just make sure it’s enough to get by and hopefully go into the game as fresh as possible.”

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    The fact that it's his left foot (non-planting foot) indicates it's either a lot worse than we thought, or his pain-tolerance is not that great.
    Or possibly that we want to take zero chances in furthering a nagging injury like a sprain.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I hope LaRussa is teaching Sam how to give a "pep talk" to the team...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

My guess is that Bradford sits again. There is a very good chance that Kolb sits as well, so the thinking might be to give Sam another week, especially since Feeley did a decent job managing the game last week. He really needs a good week of practice before he goes out there.

macrammer is offline Registered User

The key to this game is simple. Play D like we did last week and give the ball to you know who. Should be a W if this happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast