Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I've seen you make the Practise Squad comment a couple of times about a few different players.

Just to clarify, if they've played more than six regular season games ever, then they can't go on the P.S.

Personally, I think that Alexander is becoming too much of a risk. I'm leaning toward Avery at this point in time.
    thanks for the clarification. i had forgotten about that unfortunatly, and am glad you let me know.

DX is a risk yes, but its evident that the coaches see it as might, that the risk is worth the reward. im in favor of keeping 7 wr's, and getting rid of mardy. i like dx and what he can bring to the table when healthy, unfortunalty his knee has more work done to it then joan rivers face, and its just as ugly.

i think this year is his last chance, keeping him on as a 7th reciever doesnt hurt us really even if he goes down, but if he can somehow stay healthy then we'd only benefit.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I've seen you make the Practise Squad comment a couple of times about a few different players.

Just to clarify, if they've played more than six regular season games ever, then they can't go on the P.S.

Personally, I think that Alexander is becoming too much of a risk. I'm leaning toward Avery at this point in time.
    I love DX but I dont think he can stay healthy for us for 16 games not to mention 4 preseason games. I agree with him being too much of a risk, I hate to say this but it might be us parting ways with him really soon.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

DX is too much of a liability. We just cannot keep him. I love him just as much as everyone else here. How is he going to last a 16 game season? We want him to step up and be a #1 which requires catching lots of balls (70)...how would he possibly last? The swelling, bruising, and the constant draining and care he needs for the knee is crazy! His knee will always hold him back and unfortunantely we cant do anything about it. We cant release Mardy Gilyard a 1 year pro because DX might be good when healthy.

Avery is a lock in my opinion. He is always banged up but battles through it and plays. Until last year I believe he only missed 2 games. He is much more reliable.

Its a shame. I am going to miss DX so much! I really hope he retires for the good of his health and so no other team can get potentially one of the biggest steals.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Based on play and health here are my top six..

Amendola
    Gibson
    MSW
    Avery
    Marty
    Salas

Top three

TE

Kendricks
    Bajema
    Fendi

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Based on play and health here are my top six..

Amendola
    Gibson
    MSW
    Avery
    Marty
    Salas

Top three

TE

Kendricks
    Bajema
    Fendi
    um pettis?

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Ooh, do they dare cut Pettis?
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

They won't cut Pettis... they will keep Seven!

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...and?

The kid has had 5 knee surgeries. 5!!! It's a darn shame he's got bum knees, but it is what it is. He is too much of a risk to hold a spot on this team. IMHO. He's one stumble, one incorrect twist going after a ball, or one hit to the knees from retirement. With DA, it's not a question of "if", but a question of "when".
    Still, he's the most talented receiver the Rams have when he's semi-healthy. And because of that, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Besides, I've already said this is the year he turns into our version of Calvin Johnson. So no way he gets cut, you hear me Spags? No way!!!

Even if he's limited to a few plays a game, his presence on the field could make a huge difference.

It may be wishful thinking, but I can still see a trade of one of the WRs opening up another spot for someone. We'll just have to wait and see.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I have to agree with much of the sentiment here. I love DX, but I can't see him having a career in the NFL. I wish him the best of luck.

As for Avery, he is probably another injury from being cut also. Once again, everyone wants this guy to succeed, but we can't cling to hope forever and need to move on if he can't stay heathly for more than a week at a time.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    His knees will never be 100percent. He has no cartilage in one if not both of them.
    I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on TV; but in this day and age, how has western medicine not come up with some kind of artificial cartilage?

I'm still pulling for the kid, but man oh man.....those knees.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Man DX's knees (achilles heels). This is getting ridiculous. Looking in from the outside, it really looks like that the knee might be done for. Someone earlier made a great point of its not a matter of "if" it is a matter of when. I love DX as much as the next Rams Fan. There is definitely no reason we shouldn't keep him this year. I guess let the preseason play out, if he is in then lets see what this season holds for him. But yes the knees aren't looking too good.
    ManofGod likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    WR Danario Alexander has MRI on knee; Hoomanawanui injured

BY JIM THOMAS
    Monday, August 22, 2011

Wide receiver Danario Alexander was not at practice Monday for the St. Louis Rams. He experienced more problems with his left knee following the Tennessee game Saturday and underwent an MRI exam on Monday.

"It's not that anything happened," coach Steve Spagnuolo said. "It's just that it feels funny on him. We just want to make sure we're not dealing with anything serious, and put his mind at ease."

Alexander, the former University of Missouri standout, has had five surgeries on the knee.
    I am one of the most positive thinking people in the world, but from a business standpoint you just can't keep dealing with the high risk situation we find ourselves in concerning D. Alexander. The best thing would be to cut him now, and if all works out perhaps he can find a new team if the knee improves; although that seems highly unlikely.

Tight end Mike Hoomanawanui, just back from a concussion, suffered a strained calf in Monday's practice and left the field for further examination. "It may be significant, not sure," Spagnuolo said. "We're a little bit concerned there.

"Illinois Mike" is injury prone it seems, one has to consider if we cut him in the weeks to come if he can't stay on the field.

Wide receiver Mardy Gilyard came out of the Tennessee game with a thigh bruise; he tried to practice Monday, but couldn't. Defensive tackle Dan Muir tweaked an ankle. And cornerback Dionte Dinkins, who suffered a hyperextended knee against the Titans, did not practice.

He really didn't need this, especially when he was beginning to show promise with his special teams play.

Meanwhile, left guard Jacob Bell (knee) and left tackle Rodger Saffold (back) returned to practice.

Linebackers Brady Poppinga and Ben Leber got practice repetitions with the starting defense Monday.
    This is the best part of this post, the lineup of Leber, Lil' Animal, & Poppinga is our best possible combination, I hope to see this line up against the eagles on opening day.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Here is an update from Jim Thomas:

BY JIM THOMAS
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Wide receiver Danario Alexander was not at practice Monday for the St. Louis Rams. He experienced more problems with his left knee following the Tennessee game Saturday. He underwent an MRI exam on Monday, but the knee checked out OK with the MRI showing no further damage.

Tight end Mike Hoomanawanui, just back from a concussion, suffered a strained calf in Monday's practice and left the field for further examination. "It may be significant, not sure," Spagnuolo said. "We're a little bit concerned there.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

What a relief to see that nothing big happened in that knee. It seems that Hoomanawanui has problems staying physically healthy around the bottom half of his body, maybe some extreme conditioning around the legs should make it resilient?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

The DX situation reminds me of Marcus Dupree. As a fan of the Rams, knowing they needed RB help BAAADDLY, rooting for Marcus in his comback is very similar to this situation. We BAAADDLY need a scare you WR. DX and Marcus are both great guys and worth rooting for.

As long as DX can contribute, I really like him on the roster. Once that knee becomes so chronic that it inhibits this teams ability, then he's got to go. Most likely onto injured status because you want to give him every opportunity. But the DX thing has to end at some point.

Gibson seems to be emerging. Remember those Burton vs. Gibson arguments? Interesting! Avery is just too fast and poses the best possible deep threat. Pettis and Salas are new money. Gilyard still has new WR smell. Danny is still Danny.

If MSW puts together a series of decent showings, I wouldn't be surprised to see DX not make it or go onto the injured list. We know he isn't going to the practice squad.

I am more concerned about TE. UH-OH needs to stay healthy. But if he isn't, I don't think he necessarily gets cut.....yet. But, who plays. Kendrick, Bajema & Onobun? I really want to see Fendi and Kendrick do something in the remaining preseason. This could definitely relieve some of that coverage pressure.

And, I am even more concerned about the OL. I think the starters are fine, but I am not real confident in the depth at all.

So.....comon' DX, make us forget about worrying about you. 150 yards and 3 TDs against Philly should just about do it.
    Semper Fi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast