Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

  1. #31
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,310
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    As long as DX can contribute, I really like him on the roster. Once that knee becomes so chronic that it inhibits this teams ability, then he's got to go.
    This is the way I feel. DX is pure magic IMO, but if he needs an MRI every other game, it's better for the Rams and Danario to cut their loses. The team can't have dead weight and DX needs to preserve his ability to walk. That said, I'm hoping the miracle man can keep his career as a Ram alive.
    thoey likes this.


  2. #32
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Still, he's the most talented receiver the Rams have when he's semi-healthy. And because of that, I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

    Besides, I've already said this is the year he turns into our version of Calvin Johnson. So no way he gets cut, you hear me Spags? No way!!!

    Even if he's limited to a few plays a game, his presence on the field could make a huge difference.

    It may be wishful thinking, but I can still see a trade of one of the WRs opening up another spot for someone. We'll just have to wait and see.
    lol you think you might be a little delusional? You are seriously predicting Danario I play once a month Alexander to turn in to the next Megatron?

    Alexander may be the most overhyped Ram ever. His fans go on and on about if he can just stay healthy but he did for the last 6 games of 2010 and Gibson still put up way better numbers.

    Being durable is part of being an athlete and it's something he isn't. He's also not a great route runner, doesn't have great hands and barely even practices.

    His potential is extremely overrated. Salas is almost as fast(DA ran a 4.46 Salas a 4.49), jumps almost as high(38 inch vertical for Salas, 41 for DA9) and is also tall(6-2). He's also our best route runner, has the second best hands on the team(behind Pettis), very durable, and has great yac potential.

    for some reason people think Alexander is a superstar just because of his height and athleticism when there is far more that goes in to being a top player.

    I'd almost guarantee he's cut. There's just no point in keeping a guy who can't stay healthy and who isn't any better than the receivers we have anyways.
    ManofGod likes this.

  3. #33
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is the way I feel. DX is pure magic IMO, but if he needs an MRI every other game, it's better for the Rams and Danario to cut their loses. The team can't have dead weight and DX needs to preserve his ability to walk. That said, I'm hoping the miracle man can keep his career as a Ram alive.
    I agree. I am hoping this guy can power through.....He may be snakebitten mentally with all of theknee work and it has to be in his head. I wish nothing but the best for this guy.

  4. #34
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,312
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    I wish nothing but the best for this guy. -- Macrammer
    Good to read the DX-nee has no major issues as per Monday's MRI.

    I too advocate for DX to make it with the Rams, to have an above average tenure with the team as a successful WR. It would be so grand to fast foward a few years ... seven? ... to look back at the days when AD was more in the news because of his knee than because of his player skills. That would be a good, happy story.

    I too, however, feel the weight of the odds stacked up against the above ever happening. As HUbison implied, it would be great that modern sports medicine would have produced an artificial knee cartilage by now. Or something!

    DX, you've got good fans rooting for you. Help the physicians & trainers help you. Get those knees STRONG!

    Indeed, best wishes to you.

    Last edited by RealRam; -08-23-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: helmet

  5. #35
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    lol you think you might be a little delusional? You are seriously predicting Danario I play once a month Alexander to turn in to the next Megatron?

    Alexander may be the most overhyped Ram ever. His fans go on and on about if he can just stay healthy but he did for the last 6 games of 2010 and Gibson still put up way better numbers.

    Being durable is part of being an athlete and it's something he isn't. He's also not a great route runner, doesn't have great hands and barely even practices.

    His potential is extremely overrated. Salas is almost as fast(DA ran a 4.46 Salas a 4.49), jumps almost as high(38 inch vertical for Salas, 41 for DA9) and is also tall(6-2). He's also our best route runner, has the second best hands on the team(behind Pettis), very durable, and has great yac potential.

    for some reason people think Alexander is a superstar just because of his height and athleticism when there is far more that goes in to being a top player.

    I'd almost guarantee he's cut. There's just no point in keeping a guy who can't stay healthy and who isn't any better than the receivers we have anyways.
    Ok, I get it, you're not a DX fan. That's fine, and you make some valid points. But no....I am not delusional.

    I also don't think you'd get many arguements from Ram fans if you said that DX is the most talented receiver the Rams have if he were healthy.

    But obviously he isn't, and may never be. And by not being healthy, he opens himself up for criticism like yours. I get that.

    But certainly you're not arguing that given two healthy knees, he couldn't develop into one of the leagues premiere receivers, are you?

    The Calvin Johnson comparison was made because of their similar size and build, obviously he's not in that class. But if he could stay healthy for a full season, I think you'd see his real talent.

    As for comparing him with Salas is concerned, here's what I think. And for the sake of arguement, I will use your numbers.

    Firstly, I would say that at 6'5, a full measure of DX's speed cannot be measured in a 40 yard dash. As a natural long strider, I think 60 yards may give us a better indication, although 4.46 on a knee that's had several operations is quite impressive, don't you think?

    Also, at 6'5 with long arms, a 41 inch vertical is head and shoulders above a 38 with average length arms don't you think?

    And finally, I watched Salas drop a pass from Thaddeus Lewis in the last game, that could not have been more perfect. So let's see a little bit more before annointing him the next coming of Isaac Bruce.

    And for the record, I haven't seen DX drop many passes that actually hit him in the hands, so I'd say he's got pretty good hands himself.

    All in all, I personally don't see a real comparison between the two. It's only because of DX's chronic knees that we even have this discussion.

    But I understand that you have to be healthy, and if he's not he's stands the chance of being cut. But one thing is for sure, if he does, it won't be because of a lack of talent.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -08-23-2011 at 07:44 PM.

  6. #36
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,310
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    for some reason people think Alexander is a superstar just because of his height and athleticism when there is far more that goes in to being a top player.
    Height, athleticism, and heart, big heart. DX has it. This guy has been through so much, and he's still here and we're still talking about him. You're entitled to your opinion, but the Rams certainly see something special in him and seem to want to keep their options open with Danario. Spags said DX wants to be out there but made a point that the Rams want to be safe, manage the situation and make sure he gets an opportunity.

  7. #37
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    lol you think you might be a little delusional? You are seriously predicting Danario I play once a month Alexander to turn in to the next Megatron?

    Alexander may be the most overhyped Ram ever. His fans go on and on about if he can just stay healthy but he did for the last 6 games of 2010 and Gibson still put up way better numbers.
    To me comparing stats between DX and Gibson the last six games doesnt really solidify your point.

    He was a rookie coming off of injury with basically no chemistry
    built with a rookie qb in a Shurmur dink and dunk offense. What do those six games
    really prove?




    I think if this DX had no knee problems he could be a star hes shown us this when hes "healthy". I dont understand how you cant see his potential. Especialy in a Mcdaniels offense where he can go deep and get involved in the screen game

    I do agree with you though that he is much to injury prone to cut another wr on the team for his sake.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -08-23-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  8. #38
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,878
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: UPDATED: WR Danario Alexander Has MRI On Knee; Hoomanawanui Injured

    Since he's a 2nd year player, I'm pretty sure that his salary doesn't get guaranteed at week one. We keep DX until his knee blows up, cut him and let him rehab till next year. His roster spot gets filled by Z defensive player we cut to make room for 7 WR's to start the season. It's not like he'll actually last through more than a month, and unless we suffer major injuries, the roster'll hold up till then.

    Call it the defensive version of my "Trade out the busted DX for a newly healthy Clayton" plan.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.
    I believe!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Danario Alexander?
    By Fettmaster in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: -12-20-2010, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
  3. Danario Alexander
    By Legion in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: -10-22-2010, 01:18 PM
  4. Danario Alexander
    By Torry Holt in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -08-14-2010, 06:35 PM
  5. Danario Alexander get him!
    By Aronmorg in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -02-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •