Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Updates on Robinson and Wistrom

ON THE FIELD

Wide receiver Koren Robinson returned to practice and will play in tomorrow's wild-card playoff game against the St. Louis Rams at Qwest Field. But coach Mike Holmgren still hasn't determined what Robinson's role will be.

"As far as what he does in the football game, we haven't decided yet," Holmgren said.

Yesterday, Robinson was working in the three- and four-receiver sets, with Jerry Rice getting most of the snaps at split end in the base offense.

Robinson sat out Wednesday's practice to rest a sore hip, and has missed six of the past seven games for violating either team rules or league policies.

"Koren and I have spoken," Holmgren said. "There are few things he has to do, which he said he is willing to do."

After practice, Holmgren awarded game balls from Sunday's victory over the Atlanta Falcons to wide receiver Bobby Engram (offense), linebacker Chad Brown (defense) and defensive back Jordan Babineaux (special teams).

Before practice, there was what Holmgren called "a mini-rumble" in the locker room.

"We had a little altercation this morning, as much as I don't like those," he said. "Everyone is a little edgy, which is pretty good."

INJURY UPDATE

Defensive end Grant Wistrom did not practice, but Holmgren stopped short of ruling him out for tomorrow's game, even though he has been sidelined the past four weeks with a sprained knee.

"He wants to go," Holmgren said. "But it probably wouldn't be the right thing to do medically. We'll see though. That's not definite."

Wistrom, who signed with the Seahawks in March after playing six seasons with the Rams, definitely is pushing to return this week.

"That's one of the reasons why I want to go out there and play," he said. "I want to beat up on my old teammates."

Leading receiver Darrell Jackson (sore hamstring) and offensive lineman Jerry Wunsch (illness) returned to practice after sitting out Tuesday and Wednesday. Backup tackle Wayne Hunter was excused from practice.

For the Rams, Tom Nutten was upgraded from doubtful to questionable after coach Mike Martz made it sound Wednesday like the veteran guard would not play. Nutten sprained a knee Sunday in the Rams' win over the Jets. Defensive ends Leonard Little (strained groin) and Tyoka Jackson (sprained ankle) also did not practice but are expected to play.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Updates on Robinson and Wistrom

Update:
    I've heard that Nutten will start tomarrow.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Nice!!!

That would be awesome if Nutten Plays...We'd almost be at full strength!!

Wistrom:
    That's one of the reasons why I want to go out there and play," he said. "I want to beat up on my old teammates."
    uhh, Grant don't be shy. Tell it like it is!!

he he... gotta still like that guy.

Zebulon Dak is offline Registered User

This game is going to be so awesome, I can't wait. I probably won't be able to sleep. News reports indicate that it is snowing at Qwest Field right now. It could be a rough one. I wish both teams could be at 100% so there'd be no excuses for the loser.

As for Robinson, I could care less if he plays. While he does provide a "big play" possibility, the Hawks have proven to be as good if not better without him.

If you can't tell, I'm a Seahawks fan brand new to your board. Good luck this weekend, I'll be rooting for the winner of tomorrow's game to represent the NFC in the Big Dance.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

If you can't tell, I'm a Seahawks fan brand new to your board. Good luck this weekend, I'll be rooting for the winner of tomorrow's game to represent the NFC in the Big Dance.
    Welcome; good luck to your team as well. (you're going to need it :tongue: )
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Zebulon Dak
    While he does provide a "big play" possibility
    Robinson's doies possess "big play" possibility - big play for the other team, that is. Those drops of his seem to benefit the opposition more than they do Seattle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!