sbramfan is offline Registered User

Vernon Davis for Bruce?

OK, so perhaps the Rams can resign Bruce in Free Agency, but for a moment, let's assume he's gone and the Rams have tons of cap space.

They go out and get the help they need on D in Free Agency and then go for Davis in the first round? No? (That is his name, right...the TE?).

I'm guessing they can't expect him to still be there at 11 and would need to give their 3rd rounder (if they have one) or ideally a forth round pick, or a second next year, to switch with someone at 7 or 8 and get him.

This is the only way I see the offense being explosive if Bruce is gone. And we definitely need Marshall back now for his receiving/check down abilities.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Vernon Davis for Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    This is the only way I see the offense being explosive if Bruce is gone.
    I'm sorry, but I think a statement like this highly overestimates Bruce's impact on this team. When Bruce missed time from Weeks 4-8, the Rams offense still averaged 27 points per game. Curtis filled in and had at least 60 receiving yards in each game, one 100 yard game, and three touchdowns. Losing Bruce does not suddenly change the explosiveness of this offense, IMO.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The only impact on the draft I could see from losing Bruce would be that it could prompt the Rams to consider taking a flyer on Devin Hester in the 3rd round with the idea of converting him to WR.

For all the Vernon Davis fans out there... not going to happen.

IsaacBruceFan80 is offline Registered User

Honestly.....I see the Rams either trading up for AJ HAWK or trading down for more help later in the draft. At 11....the guys they are targeting will be gone(Hawk,Davis,Huff) and the positions they need the help at can be had later in the first round. I think the money they save on Ike is prolly going right in the pocket of LeRoi Glover. Haslett loves him...and rightfully so...but I am still holding out hope Ike finds his way home somehow.

IsaacBruceFan80 is offline Registered User

WOW...guess my prophecies are coming true already....Glover is SIGNED!!...lol

bigredman is offline Registered User

When is all this Vernon Davis talk going to go away? Face it, its not going to happen.
    :tut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Mel Kiper thinks we're going for Davis so it must be true!!! lol, I think getting Davis is a good pickup, but I'll live without it too, I think what we SHOULD be doing like right now, before Mad Mike tries to get Bruce is to get Ike back in the Rams uniform

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams