Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Very Disappointing

I was in the chat room today for the first half, and it was very frustrating and disappointing to hear so many people say with the score at 14-12 that the game was over, the season was over, that we couldn't come back because we're a horrible second half team, blah, blah, blah, BEFORE THE HALF WAS EVEN OVER! Needless to say, I didn't return for the second half because all the negativity and lack of faith was too much to bear.

After the game, I come to the boards to celebrate a monumental victory and what do I see, a lot more of the same negativity.

Did people really think this was going to be an easy game?? Do people think we're some established NFL power that isn't going to make mistakes and struggle at times?? Well guess what, this young team persevered and gutted out a win. Believe me, it feels better when you have some faith and keep things in proper perspective,

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Very Disappointing

I saw some significant offensive development in the 2nd half. Some of these funs are just nuts, I bet a good bit of them don't even watch the game ...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Took ya long enough Mike. I've been telling you what a crappy atmospehere it is in there for months. Only reason I even pop in is to see if Randy is in there. If he is I stay, if not I get the heck out. The chat room has turned into a depressing nightmare of negativity this season. Last year when we went 1-15 it was better than this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=r8rh8rmike;374972]I was in the chat room today for the first half, and it was very frustrating and disappointing to hear so many people say with the score at 14-12 that the game was over, the season was over, that we couldn't come back because we're a horrible second half team, blah, blah, blah, BEFORE THE HALF WAS EVEN OVER! Needless to say, I didn't return for the second half because all the negativity and lack of faith was too much to bear.

Really? People were letting their frustration show at the weak ass play in a game that truly mattered for once for Rams and Ram fans. What a shame. go figure.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

At least my negativity was placed in the right place, at the officials that were very resistant to throuwing a flag at the niners once the RAMS put them in their place with a safety.

I will rarely ever post negativity about the RAMs, as I know they are getting screwed by the officials. On a level playing field they win, even if it is a defensive stand off. Our D held them to three points, and that drive only got started by a very flagrant hold that let Westbrook get a much needed first down.

Both TDs should have been called back for penalties.

gap

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I've been a Rams fan long enough to realize that all games/seasons do not go as hoped. I was also disappointed by some of the negativity and language in the chatroom.

I do realize a lot of fans wear their hearts on their sleeves more than I do and are more verbal in their disgust but how does one support a team with a negative commentary?

I also understand the game is a lot harder on the field than from my couch and can appreciate that it isn't always as much poor play calling by a coach as it can be lack of execution by the players.

I do miss Dez and Randy in the chatroom......
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I admit I got happy feet there for a quarter or so.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Really? People were letting their frustration show at the weak ass play in a game that truly mattered for once for Rams and Ram fans. What a shame. go figure.
    Frustration is one thing, but to whine that the game is over before the half, with the score 14-12? It's rediculous.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Cmon the negativity was due to a disappointing loss to chiefs then whiners lunging forward. All it means is that we as fans wanted this win really, really bad. Outcome was sensational even though I only got to watch first half. Really though everybody should feel happy and celebrate. Big game nwxt week!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Frustration is one thing, but to whine that the game is over before the half, with the score 14-12? It's rediculous.
    Leaving the room because you did not like some of the comments is one way to handle it. another way is to pull the others along. I know that there were some folks that were getting it and actually working on others to get it as well.

We are all Ram fans and I thought it was safe to be yourself, have some fun ribbing others and making off the cuff comments all the while trying to root your team to victory amongst other Ram fans. My bad.

Bosna-Ram Guest

This was first win in 34 or 35 games where Rams were losing in first half and then came back to win. The Ram's fans are not used to seeing team come back and win.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

We are all Ram fans and I thought it was safe to be yourself, have some fun ribbing others and making off the cuff comments all the while trying to root your team to victory amongst other Ram fans.
    That is the 'fun' part of the chatroom, Mac.

The only time I come into the room is when I can see the game live on tv while in chat so I can see what is actually happening on the field so I can measure it against the comments. (outside of the friendly banter)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Leaving the room because you did not like some of the comments is one way to handle it. another way is to pull the others along. I know that there were some folks that were getting it and actually working on others to get it as well.

We are all Ram fans and I thought it was safe to be yourself, have some fun ribbing others and making off the cuff comments all the while trying to root your team to victory amongst other Ram fans. My bad.
    Hey, like I said, it was disappointing and something I didn't want to have to listen to. The chat room was a downer today, period. Numerous times I encouraged people to have some faith and reminded them that there was still an entire half to play, and while some responded positively, too many reacted negatively with comments like, "too bad we can't score any points in the second half".

I completely respect that people can say what they feel, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it. I'm with RamFan_Til_I_Die, if Randy is there, I'll stay, if not, I will not be sticking around.

thermobee is offline Registered User

I couldnt agree more! I think I am finally starting to understand why people were starting all of these threads venting about the forum.

I cant believe people. Man we are in the freaking playoffs chase. Your team is down by 2 or whatever score for that reason, YOU WATCH TILL THE END AND HOPE FOR A WIN. I too came online a couple of times during the game and was disgusted with the comments in the game thread and a couple of others that were started.

I feel like I want to tell people if they want to bit** and moan and complain about the rams start your own forum and talk all you want about how the coaches suck, the players have no heart and the front office dont know what they are doing. This forum is for people that love the RAMS and enjoy and struggle with them every game, but either way we are still fans and appreciate the direction the team is headed.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

It's nice to see one of the leaders of the Clan finally speak out about this.

It has basically been going on since week #1 out in the forums.

Having said that, I do understand. The past ownership and management not only destroyed the teams pride, competitive edge and will to win; they also beat down much of the fan base. We were left with mostly a losers mentality.

We now have a new owner, a new attitude and a new coaching staff which has done more than an admirable job of changing the culture. We are not all the way back, especially with the fan base, but we have gained so much this season. And I give most of the credit to the leader of that staff, Steve Spagnuolo.

Before the start of the season I said there was no good reason not to believe that our Rams could make the playoffs.

Well I'm sure everyone that happened to read that thought I was an idiot of a dreamer.

Now with one game left in the season the Rams will go to the playoffs with a victory.

All I can to that is....NOW, DO YOU BELIEVE!!!

LETS GO RAMS!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast