Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Very Disappointing

Mike, I was one of 'em. And I'll admit that. I didn't think we'd be able to pull off the win after giving the whiners so much momentum. I was incredibly frustrated and--now that I'm back to normal, I can think with a level head, if you will--was wrong to do that. Having said that, I will gladly eat my crow any time for the Rams to win.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Mike, I was one of 'em. And I'll admit that. I didn't think we'd be able to pull off the win after giving the whiners so much momentum. I was incredibly frustrated and--now that I'm back to normal, I can think with a level head, if you will--was wrong to do that. Having said that, I will gladly eat my crow any time for the Rams to win.
    You're a stand-up guy Varg and I understand the frustration, that people are going to say what they feel. And while I can see complaining about play calling, execution or mistakes, it seemed so silly for people to give up at the half with the score 14-12 to a team we were dominating in so many ways.

I like to stay positive, so perhaps I don't have the right mentality to be in the chat room these days.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I like to stay positive, so perhaps I don't have the right mentality to be in the chat room these days.
    I like to stay positive too Mike, I know how it feels to watch sports with people being negative about your team especially when the game is not over. It's frustrating and can stop the enjoyment of the game. I wish I could use the chatroom during games but I watch games online and the stream is always 2 minutes behind the actual game so I can't get involved with conversation.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I couldn't get the chat to load today, thought that problem was fixed on my end but I guess not.

I did chat with someone on facebook (who I will not name) that was in the clanram chatroom today. He told me the negativity in there today was overwhelming, almost as bad as when the Rams lost almost every game last season. He didn't understand why.

Neither do I. When we drafted Bradford, we all pretty much agreed that a 4-12 season was likely, and a 6-10 record was dreaming. Well, folks, we now have a 7-8 record...better than 90% of us could have ever expected, let alone dreamed of. We are ONE GAME away from postseason. ONE GAME.

I bet there wasn't more than 2 or 3 members here who predicted that - and they caught crap for believing.

A rookie QB, a bunch of young, unknown kids, a couple of names most football fans would know, and one superstar - and some of you are whining about the way the team has come alive? We are 7-8...and the leaders in the division.

Support your team, win or lose. If you can't do that, maybe you should learn enough self-control to not say anything. It's pretty sad when a member seeks out a mod on facebook because he can't stand hearing all the crap being said in the chat.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Frustration is one thing, but to whine that the game is over before the half, with the score 14-12? It's rediculous.
    I agree. If you really think the game is over, then leave the chat and do something else with your time. Why hang around a game you think is over and make other fans more miserable in the process? I just don't understand it.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I,ve been discouraged by the change in tone among the posters over the last year. As a result, I don't post much anymore. I do enjoy reading threads by members I know will generate good thoughtful discussions and beat writers' contributions.

As for today's game, I got to see it on tv for a change so I didn't hang out at the forum. Sounds like it was good I didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, this team has over-achieved all year and though I wish they could run with the big dogs, they're just not there yet. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed following this team for the first time since the last days of GSOT. Let's bring them our unwavering support this final week of the season. Win lose or draw, there's a lot to feel good about in the coming years.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You're a stand-up guy Varg and I understand the frustration, that people are going to say what they feel. And while I can see complaining about play calling, execution or mistakes, it seemed so silly for people to give up at the half with the score 14-12 to a team we were dominating in so many ways.

Thank you, you're as well.

And please stay, we need some positive aura in there I'll try to help out in that department myself.

Can't believe it but the Rams are gonna play in prime time! Let's get that W! GO RAMS!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

2 big plays and people were saying the game was over????? I dont understand the logic in that, our defense was dominant in this game! I was pissed but more at the fact the o-line jumped and there was no flag. That play was also lucky for the fact that it went through vd's hands and right to crabtree. Our d basically gave up 3 points that play was a fluke. GAME OVER!!! Seriously that is real bad. I piss I moan but until were down 42 to 7 in the 4th quarter I do not predict our demise. Everyone we were 1 - 15 last year!!!!! Now we have a chance to be .500 and get a playoff game at the ED we should be dancing in the streets!!!!!!
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Trevor is offline Registered User

Thats what a chatroom is for isn't it?

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I think the poster (MIKE) was frustrated in the Rams play, especially with all the 3 & outs
    up to that point of the game. Then, in a fit, projected his frustrations against that Chat room posters. "Lighten up, Francis!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

honestly i dont mind the negativity at all, as fans we all have our moments. I was in the chatroom and yea there was a lot of negativity but i see it as fans being critical of their team, which is a Right to all fans. sometimes it becomes very bad but thats only out of frustration and truly wanting your team to win . When we lost the lead today the critical fans started recognizing a pattern that this team has been known to follow when having control of games and then blowing it. by saying we are going to lose because we lost the lead before halftime is statically true , and I as a Ram fan can acknowledge that and at the same time hope we can change that fact . . . . . . AND WE DID !!!
    Torry Holt Dont play that

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    honestly i dont mind the negativity at all, as fans we all have our moments. I was in the chatroom and yea there was a lot of negativity but i see it as fans being critical of their team, which is a Right to all fans. sometimes it becomes very bad but thats only out of frustration and truly wanting your team to win . When we lost the lead today the critical fans started recognizing a pattern that this team has been known to follow when having control of games and then blowing it. by saying we are going to lose because we lost the lead before halftime is statically true , and I as a Ram fan can acknowledge that and at the same time hope we can change that fact . . . . . . AND WE DID !!!
    There is a big difference between being critical and whining that the game is over before the half.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Do you know what the worst thing is? We were a one win team last season. ONE WIN. We now have SEVEN on this year. Thats more than the last three years combined. BE HAPPY RAMS FANS!!!

You might not like how we play sometimes, but this is still a young team, with a rookie QB. We have young players dotted all over the place on this team. We still suffer from a lack of talent in quite a few places. But we have an offseason to address this. We get to sit through another Devaney draft and watch him do things like draft a premier MLB and LT in the second round.

I know every one wants us to win the division and get in the playoffs, but you know what im more happy with? This team is set up to win this division title for years to come. This team is only going to get better. So just be happy Rams fans!

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I was not in the chatroom for Sunday's game, but there is one stat that really stands out. Before the win over the Niners, the Rams were 0-34 when trailing at the half. I can see where some fans might have been pretty frustrated after the first half and thought we were going to blow it again. 0-34!

This win is a sign of the maturation process for this team and the fans. The fans in the dome really showed up for this game and made some serious noise. The Rams played with passion and heart.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    I was not in the chatroom for Sunday's game, but there is one stat that really stands out. Before the win over the Niners, the Rams were 0-34 when trailing at the half. I can see where some fans might have been pretty frustrated after the first half and thought we were going to blow it again. 0-34!

This win is a sign of the maturation process for this team and the fans. The fans in the dome really showed up for this game and made some serious noise. The Rams played with passion and heart.
    This Rams team is full of surprises,, first we can't beat real bad teams,,then we can't win on the road,,Then we can't beat the Ninners,,then we can't win while trailing at the half. What is next, We can't win in the cold or win the Division?

WELL I SAY WE CAN. All year long we have been busting though walls to get victories and hold on to first place in the west. When I joined Clan Ram all I heard was we can't because we are 6-42 or 3-29 or 1-15. Guys I have loved this team from 1980 when every one said the Rams can't beat the Steelers at home in the super bowl. Wendle Tyler kept comming in the game after injury after injury and we about beat those Steelers. I believed in them then and I believe now. WE CAN WIN THIS DIVISION AND WE CAN BEAT THOSE SAINTS AT HOME!

I BELIEVE
    GO RAMS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast