ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Very Distraught with

Mostly Our RedZone play calling on offense! Not much of what anybody says is bothering them or on their nerves is really bugging me whatsoever (well a little). But the thing coaching that jumped out to me last night was Offensive play calling! I think Mr. McDaniels needs to stop being a Mad Mike protege and RUN THE FREAKING BALL ON 1ST AND GOAL ON THE 1!! Give Brit miller the ball if your not comfortable with Caddy!! Horrible... I know we don't have SJ in there but really? How much are all these guys geting paid? Better get at least 1 dam yard!

Also can't believe when we get back into the red zone no runs, no screens, limited zig and zag patterns. 13 red zone plays Salas targeted 3 times and Kendricks only once? once?
    Once?

Last thing is Since we all seen the DX was having huge successes against the Giants DB's not running in's,out's,hooks or dink or dunks... SEND HIM ON 9 AND FLY ROUTES! You kidding me? every big play he made it was a flag, post or fly route and those 5'0 alligator armed DB's couldn't do anything to stop him... why not just keep on doing that until they come up with something to solve it? That's how the NFL works if the opposing team finds out you can't cover something they keep on doing it. Case in point Tom Brady keep picking on the DB on the dolphinsand the next day the release him.

Some of my rants about our play calling. Alot of our players did not perform and they know this and believe me they are appalled by their performances. But we did have some bad play calling to.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-20-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add in Red Zone

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Re: Very Distraught with

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with this more. I thought that McDaniels had some fantastic play calling. The offense moved the ball almost at will against the Giants (until we got to the red zone), largely in part due to a fantastic job by McDaniels doing a great job of exploiting the Giants' weaknesses (deep passes) and using a very effective no huddle attack on several occasions. And Caddy did get a carry on the one yard line. He was tackled for a loss. In regards to the lack of screens, there are two that stand out in my mind. One was the Caddy drop, and the other was one that would have been a huge gain against a Giants blitz, as it was the perfect play call as the Rams had a full wall of blockers lined up in front of the intended receiver (can't remember off hand who it was). Unfortunately, the pass was batted down at the line of scrimmage, or it would have gone quite a ways. The problem that i had with the game wasn't with play calling, but with the miscues and mental mistakes that cost us the game. I thought the game planning on both sides of the ball was fantastic and the best we could have hoped for.

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I feel that alot of the problems the Rams have are fixable. The thing that I am "very distraught with" is freaking Craig Dahl. I feel that we should just cut this guy. He might know the "D" but he is worthless. He never played the ball. Everytime there was a big play last year it was Dahl and now he is at it again. He never looks for the ball he waits and hope that it will hit him or the WR will drop it. I thought he was going to get multiple pass interference calls on Monday, but he didn't and that was luck. I am just tired of him holding our secondary back. SS has to be a big need next year otherwise he will hold us back again.

Quote Originally Posted by sakl18 View Post
    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree with this more. I thought that McDaniels had some fantastic play calling. The offense moved the ball almost at will against the Giants (until we got to the red zone), largely in part due to a fantastic job by McDaniels doing a great job of exploiting the Giants' weaknesses (deep passes) and using a very effective no huddle attack on several occasions. And Caddy did get a carry on the one yard line. He was tackled for a loss. In regards to the lack of screens, there are two that stand out in my mind. One was the Caddy drop, and the other was one that would have been a huge gain against a Giants blitz, as it was the perfect play call as the Rams had a full wall of blockers lined up in front of the intended receiver (can't remember off hand who it was). Unfortunately, the pass was batted down at the line of scrimmage, or it would have gone quite a ways. The problem that i had with the game wasn't with play calling, but with the miscues and mental mistakes that cost us the game. I thought the game planning on both sides of the ball was fantastic and the best we could have hoped for.
    Sorry I should of clarified more was focusing more on the Red Zone area than up and down the field which obviously we faired alot better on. But one Rush off tackle? Your kidding me right? Were the Giants have supieror DE's? QB sneak it? Something...
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-20-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    I feel that alot of the problems the Rams have are fixable. The thing that I am "very distraught with" is freaking Craig Dahl. I feel that we should just cut this guy. He might know the "D" but he is worthless. He never played the ball. Everytime there was a big play last year it was Dahl and now he is at it again. He never looks for the ball he waits and hope that it will hit him or the WR will drop it. I thought he was going to get multiple pass interference calls on Monday, but he didn't and that was luck. I am just tired of him holding our secondary back. SS has to be a big need next year otherwise he will hold us back again.
    although I can't say I dont disagree with you who would replace him that wouldn't be as big as a liability? i actually did like what I seen out of Hines but still dont know if he's ready for a starting gig. I'm sure Steve sees this and is thinking about the situation. That play when he just watched the freaking ball tumble around the WR in the endzone disgusted me. JUMP ON HIS ***!!!!