Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Very interesting story I just heard on 1380

Howard Balzer was on and he said that during the Seattle game both Bruce and Holt approached Linehan in a calm manner and suggested some plays that would take advantage of what the Seattle DB's were doing. Well Linehan looks at them and says "I coach, you play" and then continues to call the same destined to fail routes. Maybe this contributed to Holt's outburst, Linehan refuses to take advantage of what our veteran, future HOF players are seeing on the field.
    Last edited by BigGameMN; -12-21-2007 at 11:37 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Very interesting story I just heard on 1380

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Linehan looks at them and says "I coach, you play"
    Well, he was half right.

The interesting part of this story is that Balzer (who is not the type to make this stuff up) obviously was told this by Holt, Bruce, or somebody else who was on the sideline. Sounds like this was festering before it bubbled to surface last night.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Linehan is an idiot, plain and simple. I mean, what do Holt and Bruce know?

I can imagine Linehan got his feelings hurt because they were suggesting Martz type plays ...

4-routes, skinny posts, inside flies ....

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well, he was half right.

The interesting part of this story is that Balzer (who is not the type to make this stuff up) obviously was told this by Holt, Bruce, or somebody else who was on the sideline. Sounds like this was festering before it bubbled to surface last night.
    And yet the FO still has blinders on.

Why O why am I such a die hard fan????
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

All I have to say is of all the coaches I've seen, Linehan is the worst. I know this if He's back next year it will be hard for me to watch the Rams. I have great disdain for this guy. At this point I want Martz back.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm not a big fan of his pass routes. Most are near the sideline with no room for error.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Re: Very interesting story I just heard on 1380

if this is true, then way to utilize 2 HOF WRs.... It's just like Madden Linehan, Holt and Bruce both have weapons... hmm Holt has hands, quick routes, spectacular catch receiver, bruce has hands....... hm i think Holt and Bruce have 5 icons between them! I think they can help you win in the game.. but what if they can help you in real life? I think in the game Holt and Bruce have something that helps them edge quick corners or press cover guys. If only i can remember... I've got an idea. Lets use them in real life!

apart from the sarcasm, this is just disgusting.
    Last edited by prof22693; -12-21-2007 at 09:51 PM.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Relax guys, the mid-to-end-season vote of confidence by an Owner is usually the "kiss of death".

Even for a non-football Shaw. And don't think that SOMEBODY isn't reading the posts on this forum.

They read the riot act to Vermiel, they listen to ESPN, and they heard Faulk on the NFL network.

Linehan's GONE!

Please, please, please...

I think back to the Raiders and (his name escapes me), Callahan?, when they publicly dissed him. Maybe this is homerism, but the Rams are still playing hard, while at the same time having little or no respect and/or confidence in the head coach.

"Gonna' be a bright, bright, bright sun-shiny day..." when that P.O.S. is GONE!

Holt and Bruce?

Are there two classier guys in the League?

God - I want that guy gone!

I'm 60, been watching ter Rams for 45 years and I've NEVER been this sad, disgusted, fearful, and disappointed. Never. I know it's 'Just a game", and, and, and...but this is really starting to completely PISS ME OFF!

Hope the language stays.

Happy Holidays all, and to all a good nite,
    (and to Linny a good bye!)
    Last edited by VegasRam; -12-21-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If it really went down like that, that's pretty disconcerting. If your top two receivers come to you with ideas--especially if they're long-time veterans who are bound for the Hall of Fame--I'd think you'd listen. But what do I know? He's the coach.

It's sounding more and more like Linehan is losing or already has lost his players' confidence.

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

I really do believe that it is a foregone conclusion that Linehan is gone, so then the question becomes who will Shaw the rest of the ownership *cough cough* find to coach this team? In my opinion, they can't bring in another assistant. coordinator, or college coach with little or no experience. They need someone who comes with a PLAN. At least an idea of where to take the team. I also strongly believe that the coach needs to bring in a real GM with him. Somebody that has an understanding of what it takes to play in the NFL, both with skills and with game intelligence. Simply put, we can't have anymore Alex Barron, Claude Terrell, Claude Wroten, Ron Bartell, and other draft busts. These terrible drafts coupled with the desire of ownership to find an inexperienced coach so they can pay him less has led to opposing teams fillinf the dome and little or no fan support. This fish stinks from the head...:x

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mtmagpie View Post
    I really do believe that it is a foregone conclusion that Linehan is gone, so then the question becomes who will Shaw the rest of the ownership *cough cough* find to coach this team? In my opinion, they can't bring in another assistant. coordinator, or college coach with little or no experience. They need someone who comes with a PLAN. At least an idea of where to take the team. I also strongly believe that the coach needs to bring in a real GM with him. Somebody that has an understanding of what it takes to play in the NFL, both with skills and with game intelligence. Simply put, we can't have anymore Alex Barron, Claude Terrell, Claude Wroten, Ron Bartell, and other draft busts. These terrible drafts coupled with the desire of ownership to find an inexperienced coach so they can pay him less has led to opposing teams fillinf the dome and little or no fan support. This fish stinks from the head...:x
    Bernie interviewed Shaw today and he said 100% Linehan is back next year, no questions about it.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

If this is true, and I'm inclined to think that it is (as far as journalists go Balzer usually doesn't make up stuff like this, unlike certain other writers...) then it's pretty damning evidence that Linehan is in way over his head. He should be willing to listen when 2 future HOF WR's approach him with suggestions, especially when everything he's doing so far is not working out. Is anyone honestly still supporting a third year for this coach? The reasons to can him keep piling up.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Interesting ......would like to be a fly buzzing around hearing and seeing what is going on with the players and Linehan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Interesting ... would like to be a fly buzzing around hearing and seeing what is going on with the players and Linehan.

Ha, yes, that would be most interesting indeed, UB. Sad thing is, the support Coach Linehan has had -- even if not as team-wide as was believed a few weeks ago -- will be extremely touchy and fragile by next mini TC, training drills, and pre-season. Not to mention the 1st regular season game.

All that could setup a one-play-away-from-mutiny scenario. :\

No doubt the FO has its hands full and must make critical decisions before then. Major movements are more and more insidious and are now determining the team's threshold of pain.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    All I have to say is of all the coaches I've seen, Linehan is the worst. I know this if He's back next year it will be hard for me to watch the Rams. I have great disdain for this guy. At this point I want Martz back.
    Jigga, for me it won't be any harder to watch because Rams games are seldom aired here. I'll watch every Rams game available because this is my team. Win, lose, or draw.

I can sit there and shake my head at the missed tackles, bad passes, dropped catches, and wonder why there was no blocking but I will also cheer the good and great plays even as they go for naught.

This is my team.

I didn't climb on a bandwagon almost 40 years ago and I see no reason to stop rooting now.

GO RAMS! We can still catch the Whiners!!:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast