Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Very proud of our guys, but ...

Great effort, but there are some problems with this game:

1A. Avery is flat out awesome. Nothing more to say.

1. What a screw job by the officials. Worst I ever seen on them overlooking things on the Pat's end. Several late hits missed.

2. Bulger still has no confidence. Alot of bad mechanics from him today. Does he not know how to throw it away.

3. Bell is a VERY average lineman, in all aspects. Leckey needs to go.

4. Nice effort by Pittman, but he has no burst to the outside.

5. Torry has lost a few steps, plain and simple. He might be the third best receiver on this team.

6. Big time receiving game from Hall. He made a few plays.

7. Our offensive line is pretty decent at run blocking, they are pretty bad at pass blocking.

8. Defensive backs played pretty well. Cassell completed a good percentage, but not alot of pressure on him for the most part.

9. Did I mention Avery is flat out awesome.

10. Again, nice effort. We win this game with Jackson on the field, no doubt.

More later....

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

Sometimes I wonder if Leckey understands that after he snaps the ball he's supposed to block the guys in front of him.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Funny everytime there are complaints about Bulger it's in the same post about how bad the o-line played in pass protection. Yes Bulger made some bad throws but he also made some good ones too. He's not perfect and it's very difficult to step into your throws when Seymore and Wilfork are right in front of you. If our o-line would actually have a solid game so would Bulger. By the way Bulger wasnt horrible today he actually played well in my opinion.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Funny everytime there are complaints about Bulger it's in the same post about how bad the o-line played in pass protection. Yes Bulger made some bad throws but he also made some good ones too. He's not perfect and it's very difficult to step into your throws when Seymore and Wilfork are right in front of you. If our o-line would actually have a solid game so would Bulger. By the way Bulger wasnt horrible today he actually played well in my opinion.
    I never said Bulger played horribly. He just didn't plant his foot on occasion. And he needs to find a way to throw the ball away. I understand the protection is not there, but there has to be a better solution than to take the sack ...

I'm behind Bulger 100%. Very dissapointed in Bell: he is almost as big a waste of money as Bennett ...

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I'm proud as well. Tough nailbiter @ a tough venue.

1. Avery was great. Once he gets those "hot read' mistakes fixed , we have a monster.

2-4 That's a v. good front 7. We really miss that pass catcher at TE to help MB beat the blitz.

Pittman played well,too,EXCEPT that he tried to bounce it outside too often.Not so much a matter of burst as running away from the blocking into the D. He's green like Avery.

We're back to our "old" habit of putting MB in 3rd & long and getting mad when he can't convert. I think he's getting better every week.
    Some dubious redzone calls by Al as well.

I agree with all the rest of your points but would add that we really miss Carriker,never mind Little.
    It's a shame that D. Jones had such a poor game. I hope it's not injury-related.
    I think it was a good decision to sit SJ & we certainly had our chances even without him.

Hats off to The Pats, they protected Cassel well & Moss made us pay in the end. Where was Big Game when we needed him?
    Certainly a respectable,encouraging performance.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    3. Bell is a VERY average lineman, in all aspects.
    I agree, he's not impressing me at all.

He looked great today, especially on that big third down when he caught the ball off two helmet bounces and then had the presence of mind to keep moving and get the first down, but what the heck was he doing dancing around in the end zone at the end of the game letting all that time tick off the clock??

Yep, he would have made a huge difference. His absence just proves how valuable he is to the team. Hope he's back next week.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Great effort, but there are some problems with this game:

1A. Avery is flat out awesome. Nothing more to say.

1. What a screw job by the officials. Worst I ever seen on them overlooking things on the Pat's end. Several late hits missed.

2. Bulger still has no confidence. Alot of bad mechanics from him today. Does he not know how to throw it away.

3. Bell is a VERY average lineman, in all aspects. Leckey needs to go.

4. Nice effort by Pittman, but he has no burst to the outside.

5. Torry has lost a few steps, plain and simple. He might be the third best receiver on this team.

7. Our offensive line is pretty decent at run blocking, they are pretty bad at pass blocking.

8. Defensive backs played pretty well. Cassell completed a good percentage, but not alot of pressure on him for the most part.

9. Did I mention Avery is flat out awesome.

More later....
    Hate to burst your bubble, but they were missing a host of pretty good players too. So I don't see missing Jackson today as a disadvantage.

Secondly, what does it say about Marc Bulger when had we had Matt Cassell today, we win this game?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Honestly, I am proud of our guys too, however, these are the losses that kill me more than a blowout. I DO want to see these types of losses over blowouts, but it just kills me that we should've won the game and the fact that we didn't capitalize in the red-zone frustrates me to no end. From what I understand, we could've sealed up the victory but we let them stay in the game until the end and it ultimately screwed us over.

Nonetheless, Haslett has gotten this team back on a rhythm (even with the loss) and has motivated a lot of players that were seemingly impossible to motivate in any way shape or form.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Secondly, what does it say about Marc Bulger when had we had Matt Cassell today, we win this game?
    I think it says that even with a marginal quarterback, an offense can make things happen when that marginal quarterback gets protection, time to throw and the opportunity to settle into a rhythm.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I can certainly see the player's taking this as another step forward, even with a loss. Let's hope it translates into positive momentum going into next week.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think it says that even with a marginal quarterback, an offense can make things happen when that marginal quarterback gets protection, time to throw and the opportunity to settle into a rhythm.
    If you are insenuating that Marc Bulger didn't have time to throw today, I beg to differ. Marc had plenty of time for a good part of the day, but like the Washington game he just didn't put points on the board. Another difference between the 2 QBs is the "marginal QB" moved away from pressure effectively and the 65 million dollar QB simply can not.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.

If you are insenuating that Marc Bulger didn't have time to throw today, I beg to differ. As far as I'm concerned, if you have time to cash those "fatter than any Ram in history checks", you have time to make plays.
    You beg to differ? So even if Bulger doesn't have actual time to throw, it doesn't matter because he makes a lot of money and should be making plays regardless? Huh? Do the guys up front get to cash their checks without "making Plays"? Personally, I don't know how they can look Bulger in the eye during or after the game.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

I will cut Bulger some slack. Although he did seem rushed (I don't know what announcer said that).

Haslett better make Barron run laps till he pukes. Every game...false start...holding...enough is enough.

I wanna smack Dante...

I agree that this hopefully will be a "step forward."
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What does it say about the NE OL when they give their QB all day to throw and you can insert any RB and get yardage? It wasn't just the Rams' D either, last week vs. the jets the Pats had 250 yards rushing. They have 3 Pro Bowlers on their OL and it shows.

Brad

If you are insenuating that Marc Bulger didn't have time to throw today, I beg to differ. Marc had plenty of time for a good part of the day, but like the Washington game he just didn't put points on the board. Another difference between the 2 QBs is the "marginal QB" moved away from pressure effectively and the 65 million dollar QB simply can not.
    Your blind hatred for Bulger, as mentioned before, is a bit comical. It's like he stole your girlfriend or something. We are relying on two rookie WR's for the most part. You cannot see what is going on downfield. You don't know if they are open or not. You don't know if they are long developing routes. Yes, Bulger holds on too long occasionally, but he does still have confidence issues ...

But whatever you say, Bulger lost the game right? Tired of arguing this. The only posts you write are about how Bulger sucks. Forget the other stuff. Forget that beuatiful long ball to Avery. Or the clutch conversions to Burton. There is much more ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast