Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Your blind hatred for Bulger, as mentioned before, is a bit comical. It's like he stole your girlfriend or something. We are relying on two rookie WR's for the most part. You cannot see what is going on downfield. You don't know if they are open or not. You don't know if they are long developing routes. Yes, Bulger holds on too long occasionally, but he does still have confidence issues ...

    But whatever you say, Bulger lost the game right? Tired of arguing this. The only posts you write are about how Bulger sucks. Forget the other stuff. Forget that beuatiful long ball to Avery. Or the clutch conversions to Burton. There is much more ...
    first off I am not one of the Bulger haters,but I just want to address some of these questions you asked,open or not ? they could have been,don't know if they are long developing routes,maybe they are maybe they aren't and as far as the confidence goes you are right on the mark with that but there comes a point when you MUST get past it or you will never get better.


  2. #17
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You beg to differ? So even if Bulger doesn't have actual time to throw, it doesn't matter because he makes a lot of money and should be making plays regardless? Huh? Do the guys up front get to cash their checks without "making Plays"? Personally, I don't know how they can look Bulger in the eye during or after the game.

    I do indeed beg to differ. It's easy for us to watch the sacks pile up and conclude that the line must not be giving him time. I'm sure Marc Bulger would be suprised to know that it is still legal to throw the ball away, provided he could slide two big steps to his right or left.

    But let's focus on the times when he does have time to throw, you know like when he threw into triple coverage to end the game today.

    I don't know how Bulger could look anybody in the eye following such a poor read. Particularly when they see him at the bank cashing that gazillion dollar check.

    I guess the scales always finds a way of balancing itself out huh?

  3. #18
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,925
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I do indeed beg to differ. It's easy for us to watch the sacks pile up and conclude that the line must not be giving him time. I'm sure Marc Bulger would be suprised to know that it is still legal to throw the ball away, provided he could slide two big steps to his right or left.

    But let's focus on the times when he does have time to throw, you know like when he threw into triple coverage to end the game today.

    I don't know how Bulger could look anybody in the eye following such a poor read. Particularly when they see him at the bank cashing that gazillion dollar check.

    I guess the scales always finds a way of balancing itself out huh?
    All quarterbacks have bad reads and all offensive lines have missed assignments, but there is no way these two situations are balanced and I'd be willing to bet the guys on the line would admit that they are not holding up their end. We can agree to disagree here, but it sure would be great to see Bulger get the opportunity to function with reasonable protection and without being regularly put in a hole as the result of untimely penalties or laid flat on his back because of regularly missed assignments.

    We can however agree that the pass he threw to a blanketed Burton was not a good idea. It was simply a bad decision.

  4. #19
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Your blind hatred for Bulger, as mentioned before, is a bit comical. It's like he stole your girlfriend or something. We are relying on two rookie WR's for the most part. You cannot see what is going on downfield. You don't know if they are open or not. You don't know if they are long developing routes. Yes, Bulger holds on too long occasionally, but he does still have confidence issues ...

    But whatever you say, Bulger lost the game right? Tired of arguing this. The only posts you write are about how Bulger sucks. Forget the other stuff. Forget that beuatiful long ball to Avery. Or the clutch conversions to Burton. There is much more ...

    It absolutely astounds me that you and a host of others including Nick, I might add, just don't get it. So let me say this in language I think everybody can understand.

    But first off, let me say I do not hate Marc Bulger or any other man, woman or child walking the face of this earth. Hate is not in my nature. I believe strongly in fairness, which several posters who followed the Linehan debates can attest to.

    I bring up fairness, because it is precisely the reason why I entered this debate in the first place.

    As I have stated over and over again on several different threads, I have taken it upon myself to hold Marc Bulger accountable because for well over a year now, all I've read was how bad everybody else has been. But some of you apparently don't like it and most everyone has treated Marc Bulger as if he were untouchable. Sorry, he's not.

    BUT THAT IS THE SIMPLE REASON WHY I DECIDED TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. IT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE HIM. Can't believe I have to say that.

    Now....

    For Bulger, all I've read on this board was excuse after excuse after excuse. Some posters have even gone so far as to simply overlook the ugly INT he threw to end all hope in the last game against the Patriots or simply pass it off as some desperation heave at the end of the game (ala the hail mary). But for some inexplicable reason, jumped all over Trent Green for the exact same thing a few weeks back. The hypocracy abounds.

    Now, what does that say to a guy like me, who believes in fairness through and through?

    It says to me that someone needs to stand up with an alternative viewpoint.

    Why? Because it is simply not fair to rip a guy for committing the exact same offense you defend another for.

    Some of you are so eager to defend Marc Bulger, you assumed because I held him accountable for that INT and his play overall, that I was saying he lost the game.

    Well you'll be suprised to know that I never once said that. I am well aware that no "one man" has ever lost a football game. Nor have I said we need to replace him. I have only said (repeatedly) that he like everyone else, needs to be held accountable. Now I ask, is there anyone here who believes Bulger is without fault? If not, then why all the opposition? If you are an apologist, you don't need to answer that question.

    And finally, because I am mainly focused on Marc's performance, I do not wish to nor do I have the time or energy to consume myself with the performance of other players.

    Besides, you and many others have already decided (purposely or not) to hold them accountable. And you all do so consistently, and pretty thoroughly I might add.

    Summary: Marc Bulger will be held accountable as he should, no matter who says what about it. I promise.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-29-2008 at 01:36 AM.

  5. #20
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It absolutely astounds me that you and a host of others including Nick, I might add, just don't get it. So let me say this in language I think everybody can understand.

    But first off, let me say I do not hate Marc Bulger or any other man, woman or child walking the face of this earth. Hate is not in my nature. I believe strongly in fairness, which several posters who followed the Linehan debates can attest to.

    I bring up fairness, because it is precisely the reason why I entered this debate in the first place.

    As I have stated over and over again on several different threads, I have taken it upon myself to hold Marc Bulger accountable because for well over a year now, all I've read was how bad everybody else has been. But some of you apparently don't like it and most everyone has treated Marc Bulger as if he were untouchable. Sorry, he's not.

    BUT THAT IS THE SIMPLE REASON WHY I DECIDED TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. IT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE HIM. Can't believe I have to say that.

    Now....

    For Bulger, all I've read on this board was excuse after excuse after excuse. Some posters have even gone so far as to simply overlook the ugly INT he threw to end all hope in the last game against the Patriots or simply pass it off as some desperation heave at the end of the game (ala the hail mary). But for some inexplicable reason, jumped all over Trent Green for the exact same thing a few weeks back. The hypocracy abounds.

    Now, what does that say to a guy like me, who believes in fairness through and through?

    It says to me that someone needs to stand up with an alternative viewpoint.

    Why? Because it is simply not fair to rip a guy for committing the exact same offense you defend another for.

    Some of you are so eager to defend Marc Bulger, you assumed because I held him accountable for that INT and his play overall, that I was saying he lost the game.

    Well you'll be suprised to know that I never once said that. I am well aware that no "one man" has ever lost a football game. Nor have I said we need to replace him. I have only said (repeatedly) that he like everyone else, needs to be held accountable. Now I ask, is there anyone here who believes Bulger is without fault? If not, then why all the opposition? If you are an apologist, you don't need to answer that question.

    And finally, because I am mainly focused on Marc's performance, I do not wish to nor do I have the time or energy to consume myself with the performance of other players.

    Besides, you and many others have already decided (purposely or not) to hold them accountable. And you all do so consistently, and pretty thoroughly I might add.

    Summary: Marc Bulger will be held accountable as he should, no matter who says what about it. I promise.

    Just curious if your holding Avery accountable for running an incorrect route on the int and it was his man who picked the ball by the way it wasnt triple coverage. Oneal was covering Avery who ran to close to Burtons route. Just curious if the int is only Bulgers fault?
    Just Fix It

  6. #21
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    And finally, because I am mainly focused on Marc's performance, I do not wish to nor do I have the time or energy to consume myself with the performance of other players.

    Summary: Marc Bulger will be held accountable as he should, no matter who says what about it. I promise.
    First, I am glad you are astounded by my attitude towards Marc, as well as the attitude of others towards him. It shows that you care about what we think. I wish I could say the same for you, but at this point, your rants about Bulger have become very tired, to the point where you are obsessed with him. Do you even post on other threads?

    Second, I find it amusing that you say Marc will be held accountable, and that you promise he will. That's funny, because you don't work for the Rams, do you? So, really, what are you going to make him accountable for and to whom? Are you going to steal his paychecks?

    In all practicality, you are admitting then that everything else you have said really is just nonsense? Because according to this statement, you are focused solely on Marc, hence, you believe that Marc, and only Marc, is responsible for his productivity, bottom line. At the end of the day, you are going to look at Bulger's throws, and just from that information, you are going to determine whether or not he is worthy of his contract? It doesn't matter what offensive line he has, or what receivers, or running back, whatever numbers he puts up is what he puts up, and because he makes alot of money he should be able to produce at a Pro Bowl level no matter what? You cannot analyze Marc's performance without analzying the performance of others, and it really brings your football knowledge into question if you think otherwise .....

    Maybe if you'd use some of your time and energy to focus on the team as a whole, you wouldn't have such a blind view of Bulger's performances ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-29-2008 at 01:01 PM.

  7. #22
    renrawtruk is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    I think the Cassel analogy is a good one for Marc Bulger. If you had never heard of Tom Brady and you were to analyze Matt Cassel's performance over the past 5 or 6 games that he's been playing, you might come to the conclusion that he is managing the game well and, given time to throw, is a solid QB....after all, they are 5-2.

    However, anyone who has seen that team with Tom Brady at the helm would say that they are 2 notches down from where they were with a QB like Brady.

    This is the Bulger phenomenon. I wonder how good we could be if we don't leave 5 or 6 throws out there, and more often find the best open receiver to get the ball to.

    Many have apparently forgot what it was like to get TD's instead of FG's in the red zone. In this game, the TE was open in the end zone, but Bulger locked in on Holt (or was it Avery) at the back of the end zone, so he never saw him.

    We have lost a ton of games the last two years because we got FG's instead of TD's.

    ....and yes the playcalling sucks. But that doesn't excuse Bulger for the times that no one is rushing him and the ghosts are in his head. We can't afford to leave those completions out on the field.

    This isn't to say that Bulger wasn't playing well 3 years ago. But that was then, and he hasn't played very well the last 2 years and at some point you have to stop blaming the O'line and start expecting your QB to step up and make the throws with a DE in his face.

  8. #23
    RANDYRAM Guest

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It absolutely astounds me that you and a host of others including Nick, I might add, just don't get it. So let me say this in language I think everybody can understand.

    But first off, let me say I do not hate Marc Bulger or any other man, woman or child walking the face of this earth. Hate is not in my nature. I believe strongly in fairness, which several posters who followed the Linehan debates can attest to.

    I bring up fairness, because it is precisely the reason why I entered this debate in the first place.

    As I have stated over and over again on several different threads, I have taken it upon myself to hold Marc Bulger accountable because for well over a year now, all I've read was how bad everybody else has been. But some of you apparently don't like it and most everyone has treated Marc Bulger as if he were untouchable. Sorry, he's not.

    BUT THAT IS THE SIMPLE REASON WHY I DECIDED TO HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. IT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE HIM. Can't believe I have to say that.

    Now....

    For Bulger, all I've read on this board was excuse after excuse after excuse. Some posters have even gone so far as to simply overlook the ugly INT he threw to end all hope in the last game against the Patriots or simply pass it off as some desperation heave at the end of the game (ala the hail mary). But for some inexplicable reason, jumped all over Trent Green for the exact same thing a few weeks back. The hypocracy abounds.

    Now, what does that say to a guy like me, who believes in fairness through and through?

    It says to me that someone needs to stand up with an alternative viewpoint.

    Why? Because it is simply not fair to rip a guy for committing the exact same offense you defend another for.

    Some of you are so eager to defend Marc Bulger, you assumed because I held him accountable for that INT and his play overall, that I was saying he lost the game.

    Well you'll be suprised to know that I never once said that. I am well aware that no "one man" has ever lost a football game. Nor have I said we need to replace him. I have only said (repeatedly) that he like everyone else, needs to be held accountable. Now I ask, is there anyone here who believes Bulger is without fault? If not, then why all the opposition? If you are an apologist, you don't need to answer that question.

    And finally, because I am mainly focused on Marc's performance, I do not wish to nor do I have the time or energy to consume myself with the performance of other players.

    Besides, you and many others have already decided (purposely or not) to hold them accountable. And you all do so consistently, and pretty thoroughly I might add.

    Summary: Marc Bulger will be held accountable as he should, no matter who says what about it. I promise.
    MY HATS OFFT OFF TO YOU !!
    I thought Bulger played a good game for three quarters!!
    But we as Rams fans know the games are 4 quarters long!!
    And Mark flat out sucked in the 4 th quarter were not talking long passes here!
    Were talking dump off passes to the RB!!
    Three drive KILLING missed times and thats unexscusable for a two time
    pro bowl QB!
    Bulger has to do better than that! He's getting payed to do so!

  9. #24
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Very dissapointed in Bell: he is almost as big a waste of money as Bennett ...
    I'm inclined to agree. The running and passing games aren't any better with him in there and he's starting to join in the penalty party with Cogs and Barron a lot.

  10. #25
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Just curious if your holding Avery accountable for running an incorrect route on the int and it was his man who picked the ball by the way it wasnt triple coverage. Oneal was covering Avery who ran to close to Burtons route. Just curious if the int is only Bulgers fault?
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Avery and his man should not have been in the area. Now that only leaves double coverage on a rookie. I stand corrected, it was a smart decision by Bulger.

  11. #26
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    First, I am glad you are astounded by my attitude towards Marc, as well as the attitude of others towards him. It shows that you care about what we think. I wish I could say the same for you, but at this point, your rants about Bulger have become very tired, to the point where you are obsessed with him. Do you even post on other threads?

    Second, I find it amusing that you say Marc will be held accountable, and that you promise he will. That's funny, because you don't work for the Rams, do you? So, really, what are you going to make him accountable for and to whom? Are you going to steal his paychecks?

    In all practicality, you are admitting then that everything else you have said really is just nonsense? Because according to this statement, you are focused solely on Marc, hence, you believe that Marc, and only Marc, is responsible for his productivity, bottom line. At the end of the day, you are going to look at Bulger's throws, and just from that information, you are going to determine whether or not he is worthy of his contract? It doesn't matter what offensive line he has, or what receivers, or running back, whatever numbers he puts up is what he puts up, and because he makes alot of money he should be able to produce at a Pro Bowl level no matter what? You cannot analyze Marc's performance without analzying the performance of others, and it really brings your football knowledge into question if you think otherwise .....

    Maybe if you'd use some of your time and energy to focus on the team as a whole, you wouldn't have such a blind view of Bulger's performances ....

    Look dude, you can not bait me into an elementary school tit for tat. I've said what I said and you can't change that.

    Thanks for your suggestion on how I should spend my time, but I think I'll trust my own conscious.

  12. #27
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,140
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Avery and his man should not have been in the area. Now that only leaves double coverage on a rookie. I stand corrected, it was a smart decision by Bulger.
    For someone who likes Bulger so much you sure make it a point to only bang on him. I never said it was a good read but with Avery bringing in an extra defender we dont know if it was bad or not do we? As usual though Bulger was again in a third and long just like all game trying to make a play after yet another mistake by the offensive line. Like I said give Bulger the time Cassell had and we beat the Patriots by 20. Unfortunately Bulger doesnt get time. Team games are tough because when certain parts of the team break down it makes a lot of things go wrong. Maybe we can change football to a game where only the qb performance matters. That damn Peyton Manning sure looks a lot like Bulger but hes not your concern I know. Just seems funny to me one of the greatest qb's ever seems to have just lost his nerve and talent just like Bulger hmmmmm...... Must be something in the wheaties. Sure is a shame to see two qb's who have shown they can perform at a high level just all of the sudden suck. No other factors causing them to suck they just lost it. Everyone else on the team is playing great the qb's just are not doing a good enough job. I mean afterall they are the leaders and should be held accountable because they make a lot of money. I guess those 5 guys in front of them arent very well paid are they. Keep banging on Bulger, if it's what you think you need to do. All I can say is there is always another Tony Banks around the corner. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Like everyone on the board who you call apologists have said. Yes Bulger can play better but so can everyone on this TEAM. If the other guys on this team make their blocks and catches and run the correct routes and give Bulger TIME to throw he will produce. If they keep playing the way they are well I guess we will get to hear you whine about only him for the rest of the year.
    Just Fix It

  13. #28
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    MY HATS OFFT OFF TO YOU !!
    I thought Bulger played a good game for three quarters!!
    But we as Rams fans know the games are 4 quarters long!!
    And Mark flat out sucked in the 4 th quarter were not talking long passes here!
    Were talking dump off passes to the RB!!
    Three drive KILLING missed times and thats unexscusable for a two time
    pro bowl QB!
    Bulger has to do better than that! He's getting payed to do so!

    Thanks for understanding, dude.

  14. #29
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,673
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Your blind hatred for Bulger, as mentioned before, is a bit comical.
    Infiniti, r8rh8rmike, miser.........don't get frustrated over this. We all know there are some fans who have yet to let go of Warner. And with Warner out as the Rams QB, they have had no choice but to besmirch his replacement. In this case, Bulger. Now, of course, they had to lay dormant from 2002 through most of 2007 because Bulger outplayed Warner in every facet of the game. That fed their frustration. Now, with Warner looking great and Bulger appearing gun-shy, they feel vindicated and don't understand how other Warner fans....er, I mean Rams fans don't feel the same. Of course, the Rams would not (nor would we want them to) wait 5 years for Warner to work out his situation to get back on track..........but that point goes to the wayside for those now claiming vindication.

    Everyone has the equal right to opinion, but not all opinions are equally right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  15. #30
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Infiniti, r8rh8rmike, miser.........don't get frustrated over this. We all know there are some fans who have yet to let go of Warner. And with Warner out as the Rams QB, they have had no choice but to besmirch his replacement. In this case, Bulger. Now, of course, they had to lay dormant from 2002 through most of 2007 because Bulger outplayed Warner in every facet of the game. That fed their frustration. Now, with Warner looking great and Bulger appearing gun-shy, they feel vindicated and don't understand how other Warner fans....er, I mean Rams fans don't feel the same. Of course, the Rams would not (nor would we want them to) wait 5 years for Warner to work out his situation to get back on track..........but that point goes to the wayside for those now claiming vindication.

    Everyone has the equal right to opinion, but not all opinions are equally right.
    So, basically, Fortuninerhater has a man-crush on Warner, which creates blind-hate for Bulger ...

    AH HA! Finally, we know the truth ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Linehan and others comments
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-18-2008, 07:21 AM
  2. Lots of good team quotes for the week
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
  3. Wed. Quote Sheet (very long)
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
  4. The Quote Sheet - Wednesday
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Coaches Media Luncheon Quotes
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •