Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    So, basically, Fortuninerhater has a man-crush on Warner, which creates blind-hate for Bulger ...

    AH HA! Finally, we know the truth ...
    You can't handle the truth!!! But if it's the truth you seek my friend, perhaps you should try reading some of my previous posts. But be careful, you might actually stumble onto something that might activate your brain.


  2. #32
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    You can't handle the truth!!! But if it's the truth you seek my friend, perhaps you should try reading some of my previous posts. But be careful, you might actually stumble onto something that might activate your brain.
    Hey man, no worries, that type of thing is perfectly acceptable in today's society ...

    But Kurt's married, you should know that ....

  3. #33
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Infiniti, r8rh8rmike, miser.........don't get frustrated over this. We all know there are some fans who have yet to let go of Warner. And with Warner out as the Rams QB, they have had no choice but to besmirch his replacement. In this case, Bulger. Now, of course, they had to lay dormant from 2002 through most of 2007 because Bulger outplayed Warner in every facet of the game. That fed their frustration. Now, with Warner looking great and Bulger appearing gun-shy, they feel vindicated and don't understand how other Warner fans....er, I mean Rams fans don't feel the same. Of course, the Rams would not (nor would we want them to) wait 5 years for Warner to work out his situation to get back on track..........but that point goes to the wayside for those now claiming vindication.

    Everyone has the equal right to opinion, but not all opinions are equally right.
    Are there still fans like that on this board?

  4. #34
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,675
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Are there still fans like that on this board?
    1 or 2. They tend to become more active during Cardinal week.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  5. #35
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    For someone who likes Bulger so much you sure make it a point to only bang on him. I never said it was a good read but with Avery bringing in an extra defender we dont know if it was bad or not do we? As usual though Bulger was again in a third and long just like all game trying to make a play after yet another mistake by the offensive line. Like I said give Bulger the time Cassell had and we beat the Patriots by 20. Unfortunately Bulger doesnt get time. Team games are tough because when certain parts of the team break down it makes a lot of things go wrong. Maybe we can change football to a game where only the qb performance matters. That damn Peyton Manning sure looks a lot like Bulger but hes not your concern I know. Just seems funny to me one of the greatest qb's ever seems to have just lost his nerve and talent just like Bulger hmmmmm...... Must be something in the wheaties. Sure is a shame to see two qb's who have shown they can perform at a high level just all of the sudden suck. No other factors causing them to suck they just lost it. Everyone else on the team is playing great the qb's just are not doing a good enough job. I mean afterall they are the leaders and should be held accountable because they make a lot of money. I guess those 5 guys in front of them arent very well paid are they. Keep banging on Bulger, if it's what you think you need to do. All I can say is there is always another Tony Banks around the corner. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Like everyone on the board who you call apologists have said. Yes Bulger can play better but so can everyone on this TEAM. If the other guys on this team make their blocks and catches and run the correct routes and give Bulger TIME to throw he will produce. If they keep playing the way they are well I guess we will get to hear you whine about only him for the rest of the year.
    That sounds eerily like my arguement turned inside out. You chose to hold everybody else accountable, while I chose Marc Bulger. If we agree they're all to blame, what makes you right and me wrong?

    My whole point from the beginning was that everybody else was being dragged through the mud weekly (and rightfully so in most cases), while our 65 million dollar QB was getting a free ride. Seems to me that if you're one of the ones who don't believe he is perfect, then you should have no problem with him being held accountable. And if you believe he should be held accountable, then you agree with my entire arguement, which is, and I reiterate once again, that Marc Bulger should be held accountable.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -11-01-2008 at 02:41 AM.

  6. #36
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    I'll just keep saying what I always have said, football games are won in the trenches. If your lines (Offensive and Defensive) dominate, you will probably win the game. If our line had provided Bulger with as much time as their's did Cassel, Marc would have torn up their secondary. As for Cassel, if our D-Line created more pressure, his play wouldn't have been so Brady-esque.

    We can't do anything about the poor job the refs did. We just have to execute better on the lines.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  7. #37
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    That sounds eerily like my arguement turned inside out. You chose to hold everybody else accountable, while I chose Marc Bulger. If we agree they're all to blame, what makes you right and me wrong?

    My whole point from the beginning was that everybody else was being dragged through the mud weekly (and rightfully so in most cases), while our 65 million dollar QB was getting a free ride. Seems to me that if you're one of the ones who don't believe he is perfect, then you should have no problem with him being held accountable. And if you believe he should be held accountable, then you agree with my entire arguement, which is, and I reiterate once again, that Marc Bulger should be held accountable.
    Funny you say Bulger never gets the criticism he deserves. That's halarious because for the last couple years the only people I ever heard getting bashed was Marc Bulger,Steven Jackson and Loserhan. So for you to say no one was holding Bulger accountable is rediculous. There have been More Bulger sucks threads in the last two years than any other player on this team. Sure the offensive line gets banged on but not as much as Bulger. Also no qb is perfect and no qb would be perfect behind this line. As a matter of fact you could switch out Bulger for Manning right now and the results would be about the same. They both are not getting help. I hold Bulger accountable when I think he messes up not when I think the things around him are messing him up. So let's start another Bulger, Jackson hater thread because they havnt been held accountable enough, and there havnt been enough LOL. I'm pretty sure Bulger gets held accountable more than enough but you apparantly dont think so. Your love for him shows through though we all believe how much you like the guy, wink,wink. Welcome to Clanram look around a bit you will notice about every other thread is about Bulgers play. But hey he needs to be held accountable by you because he's not by anyone else. I am a Bulger apologist and I approve this message.
    Just Fix It

  8. #38
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Funny you say Bulger never gets the criticism he deserves. That's halarious because for the last couple years the only people I ever heard getting bashed was Marc Bulger,Steven Jackson and Loserhan. So for you to say no one was holding Bulger accountable is rediculous. There have been More Bulger sucks threads in the last two years than any other player on this team. Sure the offensive line gets banged on but not as much as Bulger. Also no qb is perfect and no qb would be perfect behind this line. As a matter of fact you could switch out Bulger for Manning right now and the results would be about the same. They both are not getting help. I hold Bulger accountable when I think he messes up not when I think the things around him are messing him up. So let's start another Bulger, Jackson hater thread because they havnt been held accountable enough, and there havnt been enough LOL. I'm pretty sure Bulger gets held accountable more than enough but you apparantly dont think so. Your love for him shows through though we all believe how much you like the guy, wink,wink. Welcome to Clanram look around a bit you will notice about every other thread is about Bulgers play. But hey he needs to be held accountable by you because he's not by anyone else. I am a Bulger apologist and I approve this message.
    Your opinion is your opinion. It changes nothing as far as I'm concerned however. So I will continue to hold him accountable, like it or not.

    At 65 million and the highest paid Ram of all-time, you can bet he'll continue to be ripped to shreds when he doesn't play well.

    On a related note, I've noticed that you continue to throw Peyton Manning into your arguement, as if somehow his situation is like Bulgers. Well my friend, they couldn't be more different. First off, Marc Bulger has never and will never, be in the same class as Manning. Anybody claiming as much is dillusional.

    They weren't coming out of college, nor at any point in their pro careers. For you to liken a 6th round draft pick to the 1st pick overall is absurd. Marc Bulger at his very best is nowhere near the class of Peyton Manning and never will be. Talk about ridiculous comparisons.

    So, Peyton is having an off year, does that mean he's sunk so low as to be compared to Marc Bulger? Of course not. You should be put on a 4 game suspension for making such a comparison.

    I don't care what you say, you don't go from being considered the best QB in the game for 8 years, to Marc Bulger status with one subpar half a season. Come on now, give the man a little credit.

  9. #39
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    They weren't coming out of college, nor at any point in their pro careers. For you to liken a 6th round draft pick to the 1st pick overall is absurd.
    So, between Manning and say, Tom Brady, a 7th round pick, there's no comparison either? Alls I'm saying is that 1st Round status doesn't always equate to perennial all pro. Or would you rather have Akili Smith as the starter?

    I'd be interested to hear your take on Carson Palmer, who has also seemingly flopped rather spectacularly, this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by fortu
    I don't care what you say, you don't go from being considered the best QB in the game for 8 years, to Marc Bulger status with one subpar half a season.
    Sure, absolutely. But what you're comparing is apples and oranges. "Marc Bulger status", as you describe it, is afflicted by your own connotation and bias toward none other than Marc Bulger. So it's unfair to make a judgement based on your own presuppositions here.

    Are they level as quarterbacks? No, surely not. But are they as distant as you make out? I don't think so.

  10. #40
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    So, between Manning and say, Tom Brady, a 7th round pick, there's no comparison either? Alls I'm saying is that 1st Round status doesn't always equate to perennial all pro. Or would you rather have Akili Smith as the starter?

    I'd be interested to hear your take on Carson Palmer, who has also seemingly flopped rather spectacularly, this year.



    Sure, absolutely. But what you're comparing is apples and oranges. "Marc Bulger status", as you describe it, is afflicted by your own connotation and bias toward none other than Marc Bulger. So it's unfair to make a judgement based on your own presuppositions here.

    Are they level as quarterbacks? No, surely not. But are they as distant as you make out? I don't think so.

    Are you trying to defend Marc Bulger, by bringing up the only other QB in the conversation for best in the league over the last 7 or 8 years?

    Unfair for me to judge Bulger, but ok for Ramiser to judge Manning? O.....Kaaaaay. Anyways.............

  11. #41
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,675
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Are you trying to defend Marc Bulger, by bringing up the only other QB in the conversation for best in the league over the last 7 or 8 years?

    Unfair for me to judge Bulger, but ok for Ramiser to judge Manning? O.....Kaaaaay. Anyways.............
    Now that is an interesting twist. When comparing Bulger to Manning, everything but 2008 must be considered. However, when comparing Bulger to Warner, ONLY 2008 must be considered.

    Hmm.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #42
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Now that is an interesting twist. When comparing Bulger to Manning, everything but 2008 must be considered. However, when comparing Bulger to Warner, ONLY 2008 must be considered.

    Hmm.
    Who compared Bulger to Warner?

  13. #43
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,944
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Unfair for me to judge Bulger, but ok for Ramiser to judge Manning? O.....Kaaaaay. Anyways.............
    There's a difference. Ramiser's judgement of Manning was froma removed perspective. He's not a Colts fan. We know that. Therefore, there's no immediate bias. All I'm saying is that as you're attached to Marc Bulger, any comparison you make will be affected by your own bias, which we know, is a far from glowing response. Therefore, any comparison you make between say, Manning, and Bulger, anyone and Bulger, will be adversely affected by your bias against Bulger, and we end up with statements that, IMO, grossly exaggerate the discrepancy in talent, such as the following:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    So, Peyton is having an off year, does that mean he's sunk so low as to be compared to Marc Bulger?
    In my mind, it all comes back to the play of the offensive line. With a good OL, a great QB becomes greater, a good QB becomes great. I think with a good OL, Bulger tiptoes that line between good and great, and we all know that Manning is excellent. But put the both of them behind an OL such as the one Indy has had when Manning was setting all the records-- if you were to make all of the factors equal-- the discrepancy in talent isn't as wide as you're make out.

    But it's your opinion, feel free to argue the toss. I won't anymore.

  14. #44
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    There's a difference. Ramiser's judgement of Manning was froma removed perspective. He's not a Colts fan. We know that. Therefore, there's no immediate bias. All I'm saying is that as you're attached to Marc Bulger, any comparison you make will be affected by your own bias, which we know, is a far from glowing response. Therefore, any comparison you make between say, Manning, and Bulger, anyone and Bulger, will be adversely affected by your bias against Bulger, and we end up with statements that, IMO, grossly exaggerate the discrepancy in talent, such as the following:



    In my mind, it all comes back to the play of the offensive line. With a good OL, a great QB becomes greater, a good QB becomes great. I think with a good OL, Bulger tiptoes that line between good and great, and we all know that Manning is excellent. But put the both of them behind an OL such as the one Indy has had when Manning was setting all the records-- if you were to make all of the factors equal-- the discrepancy in talent isn't as wide as you're make out.

    But it's your opinion, feel free to argue the toss. I won't anymore.
    Is it not true that you can form a bias against someone who doesn't play for your team? I would say that is where most negative biases are formed, wouldn't you? Therefore we don't actually know if Ramiser has a bias against Manning or not, do we?

    As far as the discrepency in talent is concerned, on the surface, wouldn't you think the first pick in any draft is far more talented than a sixth round pick? I rest my case as well, sir.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -11-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.

  15. #45
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Very proud of our guys, but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Is it not true that you can form a bias against someone who you doesn't play for your team? I would say that is where most negative biases are formed, wouldn't you? Therefore we don't actually know if Ramiser has a bias against Manning or not, do we?

    As far as the discrepency in talent is concerned, on the surface, wouldn't you think the first pick in any draft is far more talented than a sixth round pick? I rest my case as well, sir.
    This last statement clearly shows that you have no idea how the draft even works ....

    What is talent by definition?

    Teams don't always draft the most talented player available. If they did, we could just go to a set format BPA system and let the analysts decide who goes where ...

    Talented players get drafted in every round. You are telling me that Keenan Burton is not as talented as some of the wideouts drafted in the 2nd round? Burton slipped because of injury concerns ...

    Colston from New Orleans was a 7th round pick, I guess he is just a major overacheiver getting by on his good looks ...

    That Tom Brady, yep, he's not even in the same league talent wise as Manning. He couldn't be, right? He was a sixth round pick. And Eli Manning, yes, he is definitely more talented than Aaron Rodgers. He must be, he went 20 picks earlier than Rodgers did. And Brady, he can't hold a candle, talentwise, to Eli ...

    Akili Smith went in the first round, what a talent he was ...

    Man, Antonio Gates must be a talentless slob, he didn't even get drafted, neither did Romo. How about Asante Samuel, a 4th round scrub ...

    It amazes me when I think about some of the dumb things you say. Why don't you just let this argument die?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Linehan and others comments
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-18-2008, 07:21 AM
  2. Lots of good team quotes for the week
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
  3. Wed. Quote Sheet (very long)
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
  4. The Quote Sheet - Wednesday
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
  5. Coaches Media Luncheon Quotes
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -02-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •