Thread: Victor Adeyanju

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Victor Adeyanju

Can someone, particularly someone who has access to team officials, please explain why VA continues to be inactive for this team?

I'm having a problem with this. Is he just no good? Does he have a health issue? Is there some as yet not disclosed problem with him (ie, he's failed a gender test or something)? The rest of his draft class sucked so bad they don't want to take a chance that he'll suck it up on the field?

Why is this guy not getting snaps, much less making the active game day roster?

Semper Fi!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Victor Adeyanju

You're not the only one who wants to know.

I think his play closely resembles James Hall. Hall is a little more valuable on the field at the time. But hey, what do I know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

With Gibson down and Adeyanju's ability to play inside, maybe he will finally get on the gameday roster

chiguy is offline Registered User

I was thinking about this yesterday and my supposition is that so far the reason he's not on the field is because we need more pass rush. Ah You is a better pass rusher and seems to be central on the special teams, which leaves Adeyanju out of the mix when you're rotating three DTs and four DEs. I suspect with Gibson's injury that we'll see Victor this next week.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

One of our guys was popped for some "banned substance". For some reason, I'm thinking it was someone else, but it might be Victor. Can anyone here tell me for sure?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    One of our guys was popped for some "banned substance". For some reason, I'm thinking it was someone else, but it might be Victor. Can anyone here tell me for sure?
    David Vobora is banned for 4 games..well 2 now that 2 of those games has passed since then..not sure if you aware of that or you mean a seperate case.

im not sure why big Vic hasnt made the active roster..he is primarily a run stopping DE but his pass rushing skills have improved since he first made the team and he has been getting more sacks in the last couple of years than he had previously.. i was hoping to see a lot more of him and Darell Scott on the field..hoepfully they will both get more snaps now that Gibson is out for the year.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    David Vobora is banned for 4 games..well 2 now that 2 of those games has passed since then..not sure if you aware of that or you mean a seperate case.
    Nope, that's the case I was thinking of. I guess the "V" is what made me think of Victor, when I should have been thinking Vobora.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday and my supposition is that so far the reason he's not on the field is because we need more pass rush. Ah You is a better pass rusher and seems to be central on the special teams, which leaves Adeyanju out of the mix when you're rotating three DTs and four DEs. I suspect with Gibson's injury that we'll see Victor this next week.
    I remember some statements by Spags saying that Victor wasn't on the active roster because of needs in other areas and as you mentioned, special teams considerations.

I hope you're right about him finally getting to see the field next week because he's a guy that looks to me like he's ready to break out. Remember that he played the entire year last year with a cast on his hand, yet he didn't miss a single game, had a career high 73 tackles and a couple of sacks.

I can't wait to see what he can do with two hands. Preferably this week.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

If there's one thing Spags knows, it's the defensive line. I trust his judgment.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    If there's one thing Spags knows, it's the defensive line. I trust his judgment.

I second that. It will be exciting to see him out there, though.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Spags might know what he's doing, and I certainly won't question his track record, but it still doesn't seem right to me that Adeyanju is on the sidelines not even dressed when he showed last year and this preseason that he actually does have some pass rush moves. I feel he's a much better overall player than Ah You, but that's just me. Victor can rush the passer when he's given the chance. Hopefully he will now with the injury to Gibson.
    I believe!