Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: View from the opposing side: Notes on Rams/Falcons game.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    But the quality and knowledge of the messageboard here at clanram is excellent. However, you cannot say "Clan" down here in the South - find that title somewhat amusing
    Our owner is from Scotland. Clan has a whole different meaning over there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

I hear you loud and clear Falconator on the use of the word "clan" down here in atlanta.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Last edited by general counsel; -12-29-2008 at 08:07 AM.

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    Besides, the NFC West is garbage so just being mediocre can win the NFC West........I mean, how much better can the Cards really be than you guys......

I'm concerned about the Falcons corners going up against Fitz/Boldin but other than that, the Cards don't have much to be afraid of. Of course Fitz/Boldin are great and Warner has played very well this year. But they have no running game - you guys could overtake them in 2009 with a good offseason and new coach.

I have to agree.

if you discount games within the nfc west;

The cards are 3-7, the niners are 4-6, the hawks are 1-9, the rams are 2-6. 7-9 would have been enough to win our division, i.e. 6-0 against the garbage within the division and just win one game out of the remaining 10. The NFC west really isn't that hard to win. the Whole of the nfc west only won 10 games outside of its own division. Thats one more than the titans did on their own...

Nice to see you back falconator and good luck in the playoffs.

the cards
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    perhaps I am being a bit sensitive, but you did say "the NFC West is garbage so just being mediocre can win the NFC West......."

I suppose that you were trying to be nice and supportive of the Rams by telling us that we are in a terrible division, but it sounds like you are disregarding the division and the Cardinals.

The cards beat us 34-13 and 34-10 this year. They look pretty good. They may not have a great running game, but they sure can put points on the board.

You should never be realistic when making wishes. I would wish for the Falcons to win the SuperBowl if I were you.
    well, if you took me "discounting the cards" in our playoff game, then you just inferred too much........

as far as the NFC West goes, it is "garbage".....I don't really think you can refute it. Cardinals don't make the playoffs if they are in any other division in football - Period! That does not mean they are not a dangerous team - they are - and on a given day they can beat most teams - but over a season they would not be good enough to get in the playoffs in another division. They "could" beat the Falcons - but I don't think they will...

As far as wishing for the SuperBowl and believing - well, I am wishful and I don't think that it "CAN'T" happen. I could see us beating Arizona, going on the road and beating Carolina (we split with them this year - assumes Philly beats Minny).....and then somehow pulls off a miracle and beats NY Giants (that is the hard part to imagine). Anyway, "yes" I believe - but being objective - the one playoff game win is the most probable scenario.

I was really pumped when Saints finally took a late lead over Panthers yesterday - that would have meant a "bye week" and at least one home playoff game. To me, that would have made a SuperBowl run much easier to accomplish. Oh well, it did not happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12