general counsel Guest

The view from Row 2 behind rams bench

Hi guys, notwithstanding the bombing, it was just amazing to once again have the chance to sit in the second row behind the rams bench. The warmups were great Especially touching was when orlando pace came over to an obviously downtrodden and depressed isaac bruce who was in sweats and said "Its ok."

Nutten was in agony every time he came to the sideline. Valiant effort that he got on the field at all. Holt is a real leader, constantly picking up the guys, even on the defense. Marshall Faulk acts like a coach, looking over the pictures from upstairs with the coaches and making suggestions (i couldnt hear during the game, presumably he was saying "tackle someone.")

All nfl games, no matter how one sided, seem to turn on a few key plays. From my perspective, this game was really about three huge plays (in addition to the obvious general considerations, like our failure to stop the run and contain vick).

First, the antuan edwards drop changed the game. Vick is great, but he makes mistakes and you have to take advantage. The ball was a gift TD and edwards dropped it. Second, third and one, end of the first half, jackson runs sideways, doesnt get it, we punt, they get the td. Third, first series of the third quarter, 3rd and 3 (we are still in the game at that point), jackson drops the ball for the first down in the flat, they return the punt 50 yards and score a td on a short field to go up 35-17, which for all intents and purposes ended the game.

I love marc bulger, the guts he showed out there, let alone the accuracy, once again demonstrated his leadership and ability. He will only get better IF we can protect him, which starts with signing orlando pace to a long term deal.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The view from Row 2 behind rams bench

Good analysis, GC. Hopefully you didn't take too much crap from anyone.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I guess I'm piling on here, but I thought the big play was we're fourth and a foot for a first down at mid-field, 21 to 14, and we punt, right up the gut and just stand there; Falcons return for a touchdown!

We've got the football gods gift to offense; our special teams suck; our defense is paralized, yet we punt needing a foot. This decision crys out...GAME OVER.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    First, the antuan edwards drop changed the game. Vick is great, but he makes mistakes and you have to take advantage. The ball was a gift TD and edwards dropped it. Second, third and one, end of the first half, jackson runs sideways, doesnt get it, we punt, they get the td. Third, first series of the third quarter, 3rd and 3 (we are still in the game at that point), jackson drops the ball for the first down in the flat, they return the punt 50 yards and score a td on a short field to go up 35-17, which for all intents and purposes ended the game.
    I remember feeling the exact same way during the game, GC. That dropped interception was a 14 point swing...if my memory serves me right, that was the same drive where Dunn took it all the way a few plays later.

Even though this game snowballed on us...I really felt that a few clutch plays that were not made by our offense and defense totally changed the outcome.

In the playoffs, it's all about execution....you have to take advantage of EVERY opportunity the opposition gives you. We just didn't do that yesterday.

All that aside, I hope you had a good time (or about as good as you could have taking into consideration the outcome).
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

WILLN107 is offline Registered User

I was accross the field in the Falcon season ticket holder section. I thought we looked alot like the Seahawks at the receiving postion (couldn't catch the ball) and the D looked flat all game like they didn't believe they could stop them. not taking anything away from their O line but our Dline didn't come to play this game. I thought Polley did a good job on Crumpler. The fans around us were great and the energy in the dome was amazing. This was the first time in Enemy territory for me and the experience was great, with the exception of getting our butts handed to us. If the Falcons play like this the next two weeks we could have played the super bowl champs.