Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Azul e Oro

Thread: The View From Section 152

  1. #1
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,250
    Rep Power
    127

    The View From Section 152

    After a great Saturday Bash Dinner, we were ready to make our voices heard at the game. Too bad the Rams ticket guy didn't have a clue on how to assign seats to a group. Instead of putting us all together, he had us spread out in every corner of the section with six near the top, four in the middle, four several rows down and who knows where else. I didn't even get to meet everybody because I had no idea where they were! I'm sorry, but that was just plain S-T-U-P-I-D.

    It was a good crowd, very emotionally charged with the 9/11 tribute, although judging by the upper decks, thousands of no-shows. Most tried to create an intense atmosphere, but the crowd as a whole never could sustain that fever pitch. The fact that play deteriorated rapidly after the Jackson TD obviously didn't help. Speaking of the Jackson TD, after high-fiving txramsfan, TekeRam, and every other Rams fan within reach (giving air high-fives to Av and laram0 off in the distance), I noticed my hand was sticky. A quick look showed I caught someones nail and the blood was flowin'. Everybody around me was gasping in horror as the blood covered my hand, but I thought it was a little amusing. Besides, nothing was going to keep me from the game. Thanks to some quick thinking by tx and a tissue, I made a tourniquet and got my attention back to the game. I probably should have seen it as an omen of bad things to come.

    From then on, it was some sporatic moments of extreme crowd noise, but the numerous Eagles fans in our section ultimately were the only ones doing much talking. They were complete jerks too, as bad as any fans I've ever been around. I'd like to thank the Rams ticket guy for that experience as well.

    All in all, not a great time, although I did enjoy being able to discuss the game with tx and Teke, who are extremely knowledgeable, and great guys. It's a shame I didn't get that opportunity with the rest of the members in attendance. We need to make sure whoever is issueing tickets next year understands the concept of GROUP.

    I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing my first Rams win in the ED. Hopefully in 2012.


  2. #2
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: The View From Section 152

    I'm not sure why Spags didn't mention your injury during his press conference but hopefully you won't miss much action.

    I wasn't there but my guess would be the more people you try to sit together the higher up your seats would be. Probably not a lot of big blocks down low. So your choice would be sit together but up high or sit in the general area but have better seats. Again... complete guess on my part.

    Hope to make it to a Bash one year.

  3. #3
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,338
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Sorry to hear about the ticket snafu. I agree that is disappointing. It would seem the football gods were pretty peeved about something for so many things to go wrong. Maybe we need to sacrifice someone.Good poll idea?

    The hand story sounds like the beginning of a horror movie. Let us know if you start sprouting green feathers or become prone to outbursts of an obnoxious & ignorant kind.

  4. #4
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Yeah, breaking up the group was disappointing. We asked them to reserve a block before the lock-out even ended, so one would think they could have found a more or less coherent grouping of seats for us. The Eagles fans in front of us were pretty chill. They celebrated touchdowns, but weren't obnoxious or anything...unlike the group sitting a little further up in the stands behind us, who were clearly not interested in defying stereotypes. Otherwise, it was good to see some of the other Clannies, and the crowd was in the game at least as long as it stayed close. It was nice to see an opposing team taking time-outs because they couldn't seem to get lined up properly. Maybe that was just Vick getting the calls wrong, but I like to think maybe crowd noise was a factor.

  5. #5
    Rampingitup is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: The View From Section 152

    The type of fan behavior you describe from the Eagles fans is one reason I do not attend games anymore. Many years ago, over 20, I attended a Rams/Whinners game in SF and was assaulted by 3 Whinners fans. I got to spend 3 days in the hospital. They got to spend time in jail. But even before the assault I was spit on, had liquids thrown on me, had food thrown at me, and can't even count or remember all the the insults and verbal abuse heaped on me. The Rams are playing the Steelers right here later this year, and I live only about an hour from the stadium. At this point I have no intention of giving Steelers fans the same opportunity to beat me since I can't go armed enough to protect myself. Especially since I would have to go alone. Don't know of any other Rams fans in this area.

  6. #6
    PA_gal_in_OK Guest

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    After a great Saturday Bash Dinner, we were ready to make our voices heard at the game. Too bad the Rams ticket guy didn't have a clue on how to assign seats to a group. Instead of putting us all together, he had us spread out in every corner of the section with six near the top, four in the middle, four several rows down and who knows where else. I didn't even get to meet everybody because I had no idea where they were! I'm sorry, but that was just plain S-T-U-P-I-D.

    It was a good crowd, very emotionally charged with the 9/11 tribute, although judging by the upper decks, thousands of no-shows. Most tried to create an intense atmosphere, but the crowd as a whole never could sustain that fever pitch. The fact that play deteriorated rapidly after the Jackson TD obviously didn't help. Speaking of the Jackson TD, after high-fiving txramsfan, TekeRam, and every other Rams fan within reach (giving air high-fives to Av and laram0 off in the distance), I noticed my hand was sticky. A quick look showed I caught someones nail and the blood was flowin'. Everybody around me was gasping in horror as the blood covered my hand, but I thought it was a little amusing. Besides, nothing was going to keep me from the game. Thanks to some quick thinking by tx and a tissue, I made a tourniquet and got my attention back to the game. I probably should have seen it as an omen of bad things to come.

    From then on, it was some sporatic moments of extreme crowd noise, but the numerous Eagles fans in our section ultimately were the only ones doing much talking. They were complete jerks too, as bad as any fans I've ever been around. I'd like to thank the Rams ticket guy for that experience as well.

    All in all, not a great time, although I did enjoy being able to discuss the game with tx and Teke, who are extremely knowledgeable, and great guys. It's a shame I didn't get that opportunity with the rest of the members in attendance. We need to make sure whoever is issueing tickets next year understands the concept of GROUP.

    I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing my first Rams win in the ED. Hopefully in 2012.
    Sorry for your awful experience. In our section we had a Rams Fan that was being a total F-Head. He was purposely starting stuff with Eagles Fans to get them thrown out. He tried with me and although I really wanted to pop the guy in the face (And I warned Jack that it could happen), I left it go. By the end of the 3rd Quarter, this Rams fan moved from his seat closer to the Eagles Fans to start with them. When one of them started back with him, security suddenly showed up and escorted them out. This happened twice when finally security realized that it was Rams Fan causing the disturbance due to being ticked off that his team was losing.

    There are good and bad fans of every team and unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do about.
    Hope your hand gets better soon Mike.

  7. #7
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,250
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I wasn't there but my guess would be the more people you try to sit together the higher up your seats would be. Probably not a lot of big blocks down low.
    I'm not sure what happened this year, but we've never had a problem getting seats all together the last ten years as far as I know. The last several years we've been in the same area. We'll just have to be proactive with the situation next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    The hand story sounds like the beginning of a horror movie. Let us know if you start sprouting green feathers or become prone to outbursts of an obnoxious & ignorant kind.
    You mean MORE prone to outbursts of an obnoxious and ignorant kind.

    The only problem I had with the hand was my inability to clap and make noise effectively the rest of the game. Good thing my mouth still worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Yeah, breaking up the group was disappointing. We asked them to reserve a block before the lock-out even ended, so one would think they could have found a more or less coherent grouping of seats for us.
    You would think. We do this once a year and it's often tough for members to get to the Bash, so it's indeed disappointing that we didn't get the chance to experience the game together. Not getting to discuss the action as it happened with you Goldenfleece, Av, laram0 and Sam, or even get to meet sjacksonrules was pretty much a bummer.

    Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    There are good and bad fans of every team and unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do about. Hope your hand gets better soon Mike.
    There are definitely good and bad fans everywhere Lynn, I guess it was just bad luck we had to be next to the bad variety. Thank goodness there were some jumbo sized rams fans there to keep them somwwhat in check. Not to worry about the hand, it looked much worse than it really was. I'm a bleeder.

  8. #8
    Ironmaidenram's Avatar
    Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Turlock, Ca
    Age
    43
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Eagles fans or ***** fans being Jerks??? Theres an oxymoron.

  9. #9
    PA_gal_in_OK Guest

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Yeah, who the hell do those Eagles fans think they are acting like every other teams' fans? WTH???

  10. #10
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,338
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    Yeah, who the hell do those Eagles fans think they are acting like every other teams' fans? WTH???
    With all due respect to the wife of a senior Clannie, I think you can stop reflexively defending Philly fans against every joke now.Clearly, it's just vestigial venting, & we all know there good/bad fans of every team.

    Even The Whiners.... although it's well-established that most favor babies sliced on wholewheat toast points with brie melted on top, washed down with a nice Chardonnay, as their tailgate meal of choice, there are some passably civilized ones. Still, rarer than most teams since they often get shot by Raider fans.
    TekeRam likes this.

  11. #11
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,156
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Two things r8rh8rmike,

    1. I didn't realize you had arrogant Eagles fans behind you. You could have called in the reinforcements?
    I had a couple of Eagles fans in my row maybe 2 seats away but they were mild and just cheered for their team.

    2. Have you gone for your tetanus shot yet? More importantly I hope this hand injury doesn't effect your ability to operate your remote.

    GO RAMS!

  12. #12
    majorram's Avatar
    majorram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London surrey
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,420
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: The View From Section 152

    hey mike are you questionable for the next game, with that hand!!!! i didn't see you on the injury report...

    lis says hello

    steve
    "The breakfast Club"

  13. #13
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,250
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Even The Whiners.... although it's well-established that most favor babies sliced on wholewheat toast points with brie melted on top, washed down with a nice Chardonnay, as their tailgate meal of choice, there are some passably civilized ones.
    Absolutely. Some of my closest friends are from the Bay Area, and by extention, whiners fans. We regularly talk trash, but it's always in good fun and not the in your face taunting I experienced at the game. I also have no doubt that if PA_gal_in_OK was sitting with us, she'd have turned around and told her fellow Eagles fans to put a lid on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Two things r8rh8rmike,

    1. I didn't realize you had arrogant Eagles fans behind you. You could have called in the reinforcements?
    I had a couple of Eagles fans in my row maybe 2 seats away but they were mild and just cheered for their team.

    2. Have you gone for your tetanus shot yet? More importantly I hope this hand injury doesn't effect your ability to operate your remote.

    GO RAMS!
    If things would have got physical, you would have been the first guy I'd be looking for Big Mike!

    Luckily, the injury isn't on my remote hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    hey mike are you questionable for the next game, with that hand!!!! i didn't see you on the injury report...

    lis says hello

    steve
    I'm old school Steve, no such thing as an injury report.

    Please tell me your Bash days are not over. I miss seeing you and Lis, and hell, Julian and of course Dez and Moira. It's not the same without you guys from across the pond. Hope to see you all next year.

  14. #14
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: The View From Section 152

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    It would seem the football gods were pretty peeved about something for so many things to go wrong. Maybe we need to sacrifice someone.Good poll idea?
    I nominate we sacrifice Bellicheat or Brady to the football gods.


    gap

Similar Threads

  1. Section 101 PSL - Comments on End Zone viewing!
    By RamsInfiniti in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
  2. tickets in section 414 row KK seats 1 and 2
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
  3. Thoughts from Section 113
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
  4. What I Saw from Section 113
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -10-11-2005, 07:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •