RamWraith is offline Registered User

Exclamation Viking news for Ram fans

This was in the St. Paul paper last week, about Carter not

playing for the Vikes next year. Several teams have put in information on Carter including late entry St. Louis Rams. Carter's only comment on any of the teams was "St. Louis is the only team I would play third receiver on".

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    I knew it. I knew he would want to come here. Hey, he would work out great on this team.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I like Carter, but he has one bad habit he would have to break if he was to become a Ram.For two years Carter has tried to tell Culpepper how to play QB.No way would that go over with Warner.If Carter coud accept a 3rd receiver position and let Kurt do his job,he could be a welcome and valuable addition to this team.I just dont think we have the cap room to sign him.

:angryram: GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!:shield:
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

I think Carter is just trying to extend his shelf life and playing on the Rams team would do that no problem.

I also think the Rams are the only team that could get him signed for the veteran minimum

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    I don't think we really need Cris Carter as a third receiver, as long as we have Ricky Proehl. Proehl is an excellent possession receiver, and we don't need another one. What we need at third receiver is a flashy youngster similar to Hakim (minus the fumbles, of course), who can break open the game on one play. Carter is a great receiver with awesome hands, but I don't think he would fit the system very well. I'm hoping Yo Murphy can step it up in the offseason and ascend himself up the depth charts to third receiver. Go Yo!

:shield:

I don't see Proehl staying another year if we win the whole thing, and with Az looking around to be either a #1 or 2 receiver, Carter would look great at the league minimum for one year.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    i don't think i would like carter to play with us. He does deserve a championship, just not with us. If he came here it would really test his desire to "just win a championship." 3rd receiver and league minimum would be something he would have to seriously consider - we could have a lot of fun with him, but i don't like it.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Hate to say this DJ, but it is more of a game than a business. This is supply and demand. We may be in demand for a 3rd WR, and Carter may be in demand for a title. We give him a very good shot at one, and he gives us a 3rd wide out. He would keep his mouth shut, Warner is proven and nobody on the Rams would let him run his mouth anyway. As ESPN says, "All he does is catch touchdown passes."

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    He might want to play for us, that doesn't mean we want him. We had enough problems with another Carter. No point in inviting more trouble named Carter.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

PerthshireRam is offline Registered User
    If Carter wants to sign I`m all for it! you can never have too many good players, he`s going to Canton when he retires so its not as if he cant do it. I dont think he`d be a disruptive influence I think that may have been endemic of Minnesota and all their problems.

Originally posted by MsWistRAM
    He might want to play for us, that doesn't mean we want him. We had enough problems with another Carter. No point in inviting more trouble named Carter.

I see your point MsWistRam, but I do believe this is different. Carter only popped off his mouth this year at Minnesota really, and do you blame him for yelling at Moss? I dont.

longhornrams is offline Registered User
    I agree with those who don't want to see Cris Carter in the Gold and Blue....great talent, but could he minimize his ego to be a lesser star than Kurt, Marshall, Isaac, and Torry? Don't think so, and that could be trouble.

With our limited cap $, let's resign Little and Fletch, find some young talent at guard (Timmerman and Nutten are excellent, but aging), and maybe look at a more experienced backup QB (I am terrified at what would happen if Kurt were injured!)

GO RAMS
    "I'm from the Lou and I'm Proud"....Nelly

majorram is offline Registered User
    BRUCE, HOLT and CARTER now thats a scary thought for the rest of the league and it might just work!

CARTER would be a great 3rd reciever as long as his ego didn't get in the way and we want a reciever ( I too think that rock and roll RIKEY PROEHL will call it a day after we win the big one) he wants a championship. YEP I can see that working for both of us!

GO RAMS

Rams13 is offline Registered User
    I don't like Carter at all and I would not want him on the Rams. It's not up to us though so if they bring him in then fine but he really went overboard many times this year in his whining and also his pathetic effort to try and lead the offense instead of letting the Quarterback do his job and Carter doing his.