RamWraith is offline Registered User

Viking's media and fans reactions

As most you know I am from Minnesota and have had the opprotunity to see and hear a lot on Mr. Linehan. I thought I would share with you what Minnesota has to say about our new coach.

Most of the talk around here is very positive about him. Most media people feel Linehan was a great offensive mind and good coach. However, there are not many media folks that feel Linehan was or is ready to take over a head coaching job. Most point to reasons of his age and lack of other experiences. Many say that Linehan had many opportunities to show leadership for the Vikings but choose to hide behind Tice. Now in the same breath the same media people were PO'ed because McCombs did not retain his services after the 2004 season and he was too cheap.

The fans here in Minnesota have had mixed reactions. Most have blamed Culpepper's decline on the lack of Linehan, as well as the offensive being so stale. The fans here loved the guy and would have loved to have seen the Vikings at least interview him for their head coaching job that was available a few weeks ago.

All in all, it is a very mixed group. For every negitive there are 2 positve fans. The media here seems to be the hardest on the guy. And really hammer on his age and lack of experience.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Viking's media and fans reactions

Thanks for the Minnesota update Wraith.

I don't get the feeling that he is really ready to HC just yet and we will probably go through some growing pains. It does appear that we are picking up a replacement for Martz which may not address areas outside of the offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    It does appear that we are picking up a replacement for Martz which may not address areas outside of the offense.
    I will be happy as long as he doesn’t have any friends that he would like to hire with the last name Marmie. Our D has the biggest room for improvement and there are a lot of good D coordinators out there. The talent was rather thin on the offensive side. I think he will be an adequate replacement as far as offensive play calling. I don't think that it will take much at all to be a better HC then Martz. Martz had a hell of a time with the Entire Defense, ST, OL, TE, and keeping his QB healthy. Lucky for Martz he inherited Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. He can take credit for play calling and developing QB's only to get them killed by his play calling TE and OL.

Look for a healthy year from Bulger this year.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -01-21-2006 at 11:50 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Marmie is still here.....I can't wait to hear that we have another DC and I pray that they will be better than Marmie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Marmie is still here.....I can't wait to hear that we have another DC and I pray that they will be better than Marmie.
    I have a mild-mannered American Stafforshire Terrier (Pit Bull) that is great at defending our home. She got ahold of someone trying to break in here once....she'd be better at DC than Marmie.

Then again, a 'cow chip' would be a better DC than Marmie.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Good point...they both stink!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    Good point...they both stink!
    My vote would go to the cow chip because after a few years it starts to stink less but not Marmie.