RamWraith is offline Registered User

Vitt controling more of the defense?

Maybe its just me...but I seem to be noticing a little different twist on our defense. It does not look like all of Marmie's schemes. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but just maybe Vitt has stepped in and made some adjustments and is helping with alignments and schemes.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Vitt controling more of the defense?

I maintain that, for next year, I'd like to see Martz retained as the head coach, but the FO promotes Vitt to defensive coordinator, and has Fairchild take over play calling responsibilities. If it doesn't work, then they let Martz's contract expire and find their guy. But I think Vitt would be the better option over Marmie running this defense, especially when you consider the defensive adjustments made against New Orleans, which I suspect were more Vitt's doing than Larry's. As the season continues, we'll find out more and more how well Fairchild can call games, especially once our starters get back in the line-up. But thus far, I've been impressed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Vitt controling more of the defense?

I was thinking the same thing during the game. Damn...great minds think a lot. Sign us up Shaw! :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I maintain that, for next year, I'd like to see Martz retained as the head coach, but the FO promotes Vitt to defensive coordinator, and has Fairchild take over play calling responsibilities. If it doesn't work, then they let Martz's contract expire and find their guy. But I think Vitt would be the better option over Marmie running this defense, especially when you consider the defensive adjustments made against New Orleans, which I suspect were more Vitt's doing than Larry's. As the season continues, we'll find out more and more how well Fairchild can call games, especially once our starters get back in the line-up. But thus far, I've been impressed.