throwback week

View Poll Results: Who would be a better coach to the Rams?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Martz

19 86.36%
  • Joe Vitt

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitt or Martz

steviej Guest

Vitt or Martz

Which coach should we keep?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Vitt or Martz

Easiest poll in a long time.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

BOTH

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While I view Martz's return as a practical impossibility at this point, I don't think Vitt is qualified to be an NFL Head Coach.

jkramsfan Guest

martz without a doubt

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Martz, but it won't happen.

RealRam is offline Registered User

HUbison is right, this is an easy one: just keep Coach Martz already! :angryram:

And somehow get a new, reliable, successful DC, for crying out loud. It may be a tall order but I believe it is more of a probability than seeing MM leave.

Have Coach Martz stay and revamp, and I mean r-e-a-l-l-y reRamvamp the D.

Ahhh, good grief, what a season this was... :tut
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-30-2005 at 12:48 AM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Remember that Vermeil was on his way out before Martz came in with Green/Warner. Give him one more year to clear it up. We have the offensive talent, just need to stop the others from scoring!

rebel13 Guest

We have just witnessed a coach lead a team from champion to doormat in 5 years and some of you "smart" folks want to keep him! Unbelievable!! Do you want to see if he can take us to 0 and 16? You must miss the early 90's and Tony Banks. Some of you just think he can do no wrong...and yet if a coach were to take us from 5 and 11 and turn us into a champion you would hale him as the second coming. Give Martz all the credit he deserves, but recognize that he has overseen a football version of the Titanic. You supporters have now gotten what you wanted...A team led by Your retarded coach and his quarterback that he can call his own....Enjoy the results. Allow me to spell out the results for you...High draft pick, sorry team, dissension throughout the organization, free agents leaving, no quality free agents coming, no ability to inspire his team, team in dissaray, LOSERS -you and your coach and for now your team. Enjoy as you now have exactly what you asked for. :tongue: LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rebel
    Enjoy the results.
    A SB win, 2 NFC championships, 5 playoffs in 6 seasons.........yep, I enjoyed every minute of it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramstiles is offline Registered User

no problem MARTZ

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    We have just witnessed a coach lead a team from champion to doormat in 5 years and some of you "smart" folks want to keep him! Unbelievable!! Do you want to see if he can take us to 0 and 16? You must miss the early 90's and Tony Banks. Some of you just think he can do no wrong...and yet if a coach were to take us from 5 and 11 and turn us into a champion you would hale him as the second coming. Give Martz all the credit he deserves, but recognize that he has overseen a football version of the Titanic. You supporters have now gotten what you wanted...A team led by Your retarded coach and his quarterback that he can call his own....Enjoy the results. Allow me to spell out the results for you...High draft pick, sorry team, dissension throughout the organization, free agents leaving, no quality free agents coming, no ability to inspire his team, team in dissaray, LOSERS -you and your coach and for now your team. Enjoy as you now have exactly what you asked for. :tongue: LOL
    We are now experiencing what is commonly termed parity, which is what the NFL would like us all to arrive at given a 3-5 year high. The only criticism I can level at Martz is that he could have delayed parity for a little longer. His decisions regarding the defence however led us to parity a little sooner then we hoped.

Despite this, he's still worth a couple of wins on his own and I firmly believe in his ability to win ball games. His Offensive system is second to none, and given a little attenton to the D we'd be right back in there next season. But he'll be gone, and we'll have to start again with someone new.

I look forward to it as the next chapter.

I somehow doubt that you will................................

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Vitt or Martz

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    We have just witnessed a coach lead a team from champion to doormat in 5 years and some of you "smart" folks want to keep him! Unbelievable!! Do you want to see if he can take us to 0 and 16? You must miss the early 90's and Tony Banks. Some of you just think he can do no wrong...and yet if a coach were to take us from 5 and 11 and turn us into a champion you would hale him as the second coming. Give Martz all the credit he deserves, but recognize that he has overseen a football verson of the Titanic. You supporters have now gotten what you wanted...A team led by Your retarded coach and his quarterback that he can call his own....Enjoy the results. Allow me to spell out the results for you...High draft pick, sorry team, dissension throughout the organization, free agents leaving, no quality free agnts coming, no ability to inspire his team, team in dissaray, LOSERS -you and your coach and for now your team. Enjoy as you now have exactly what you asked for. :tongue: LOL
    i can see your not very smart so you think that just because we get a new coach that we automatically go to 14-2 and win the superbowl it just doesnt work like that
    Torry Holt Dont play that

His decisions regarding the defence however led us to parity a little sooner then we hoped.
    Yet, it was his decision to blow up the 2000 defense and rebuild with the 2001 group that actually kept us on top for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Yet, it was his decision to blow up the 2000 defense and rebuild with the 2001 group that actually kept us on top for a while longer.
    Yeah ,that's true, but my point is that it's the last two years that will come back to haunt him, and will have ultimately led to his demise.

It's given Shaw and his mediocrity the excuse they need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast