Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Smile Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Its to early to say if he is going to be great or not but he has all facets of this team pulled together and when you look at these players now they donít look depressed anymore they are all excited and pumped up. I think its about time us as fans follow suit and get behind Vitt as our HEAD COACH because he has our team fired up and believing going into the bye. I canít think of anyone that could have handled the situation better or with more class then Vitt has. I would rather have had Vitt these last three weeks then Parcells who I think is a good coach. I think the players really needed some one with his energy and ability to unite a team like he did. I myself wonder what I will think after the season about Vitt. I donít know how players will react in the long run to his coaching style but at this point I donít care. I am behind Vitt 100% because when I think of Vitt I think team. When I think of Martz I think offense.

    Lets go Vittiators!!!!!!!


  2. #2
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,584
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    I can’t think of anyone that could have handled the situation better or with more class then Vitt has. ... I think the players really needed someone with his energy and ability to unite a team like he did. --STLRF
    Yes, Joe Vitt was, and is, the right man for the interim HC job. I clearly say interim because there IS a huge difference. I too like JV. I think MM is comfortable with him at the helm while all this melodrama works its way thru the season.

    In fact, I believe JV is the kind of man that would fulfill the team expectation of handing the keys back to Coach Martz. With all maturity, with all responsibility.

    For me, the ideal situation would be to see MM back in 2006 -- regardless of how we finish this season -- and have JV as our DC.

    :1:

  3. #3
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    STL, do you have some sort of "campaign" going on here? What the heck does Vitt deserve "better"? We as fans are glad as heck he won a game or two....but geez enough. He himself said he doesn't want to be a head coach. He's been in the league over 20 years, he doesn't want the job. We will pull for him sure, and back him to the hilt. But nobody here is even thinking he'll be the next one.

    Just like the guy last year in Miami. He had those guys fired up, but there's more to the job than X's and O's.

  4. #4
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Vitt may be bringing the intangibles to this team, and I'm as glad as anyone that we're winning.......but what have we really done in the past three games? First answer is, win 2 of 3 which is great, but let's look deeper.

    In Indy, we gave up 45 points to a team that has averaged 24 against the rest of the league. That's ugly. But the O put up 28 on a D that allowed only 8 a game. That's beautiful.

    With NO, we played average. We beat a team 28-17 whose average score against the rest of the NFL is 28-15. I'd say that's the definition of mediocre.

    With Jax, the final score was 24-21. Their D was giving up 17 a game, but their O was only scoring 18 a game.

    We just did what we were supposed to do at home against these last two teams, and got man-handled on D by a great O, and posted good numbers on a suspect "great" D. I'm glad we're winning and I hope Vitt leads this team to 10 straight wins going into the playoffs, but I'm just not seeing the reason to proclaim Vitt as the next great thing. Hopefully, we see some greatness in the 2nd half of the season, like maybe actually holding an opposing team to less than their average score.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  5. #5
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    I think Joe Vitt did two things in the past two games that really made a huge difference in getting the Rams back to .500.

    Against New Orleans, he used a Tibetan Monk mind projection discipline to prompt the refs not to call Ernie Conwell down and to, instead, give Mike Furrey an interception and touchdown.

    Against Jacksonville, he used his mutant X-man wind control powers to create an unnatural breeze that caused the Jaguars to miss two field goals that could have been the difference in the game.

    So don't say I give Joe Vitt no credit.

  6. #6
    RamJackson39 Guest

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Against Jacksonville, he used his mutant X-man wind control powers to create an unnatural breeze that caused the Jaguars to miss two field goals that could have been the difference in the game.
    We should really keep him based on this reason alone.

  7. #7
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think Joe Vitt did two things in the past two games that really made a huge difference in getting the Rams back to .500.

    Against New Orleans, he used a Tibetan Monk mind projection discipline to prompt the refs not to call Ernie Conwell down and to, instead, give Mike Furrey an interception and touchdown.

    Against Jacksonville, he used his mutant X-man wind control powers to create an unnatural breeze that caused the Jaguars to miss two field goals that could have been the difference in the game.

    So don't say I give Joe Vitt no credit.
    I knew Vitt knew that Tibetan Monk stuff LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  8. #8
    ramsfan1975 Guest

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    see waht happens when you have the team watch shaolin soccer before the game?:

  9. #9
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Yes, Joe Vitt was, and is, the right man for the interim HC job. I clearly say interim because there IS a huge difference. I too like JV. I think MM is comfortable with him at the helm while all this melodrama works its way thru the season.

    In fact, I believe JV is the kind of man that would fulfill the team expectation of handing the keys back to Coach Martz. With all maturity, with all responsibility.

    For me, the ideal situation would be to see MM back in 2006 -- regardless of how we finish this season -- and have JV as our DC.

    :1:
    Great post I cant say I want or dont want Martz back next year. I want to evaluate this team and how they respond the rest of the year.

    Now lets look at some Martz backer statements. A little more defensive and lot less positive outlook on our Rams.

    Martz Backer #1:

    What the heck does Vitt deserve "better"?
    Well I would say he donít deserve the following judgments yet.

    We as fans are glad as heck he won a game or two
    It was two in case you lost count.

    ....but geez enough. He himself said he doesn't want to be a head coach. He's been in the league over 20 years, he doesn't want the job.
    This sounds pretty defensive I never said he would be a head coach and I would think that would be for him to decide after the season if given the opportunity. He has never been head coach before what is to say he donít change his mind.

    But nobody here is even thinking he'll be the next one.
    I never said he would be the next one but I have heard others here say they would like him to be. Myself I said I wonder what I will think of him after this season when I have seen him for almost a full year.
    Just like the guy last year in Miami. He had those guys fired up, but there's more to the job than X's and O's.
    IMO you are right I never said that there wasnít more then just X's and O's Martz is a prime example of this he hired Marmie. Man it must be a downer to be 2-4 (Almost 0-6) and then win two games in a row and have this attitude about it.
    Martz Backer #2:

    But what have we really done in the past three games? First answer is, win 2 of 3 which is great, but let's look deeper.

    In Indy, we gave up 45 points to a team that has averaged 24 against the rest of the league. That's ugly. But the O put up 28 on a D that allowed only 8 a game. That's beautiful.

    With NO, we played average. We beat a team 28-17 whose average score against the rest of the NFL is 28-15. I'd say that's the definition of mediocre.


    With Jax, the final score was 24-21. Their D was giving up 17 a game, but their O was only scoring 18 a game.

    We just did what we were supposed to do at home against these last two teams, and got man-handled on D by a great O, and posted good numbers on a suspect "great" D.

    No need to respond to all Backer #2s ludicrous statements because I could swear I heard this same backer defending the other two wins we had this season which were far less convincing against lesser teams. Man it must be a downer to be 2-4 (Almost 0-6) and then win two games in a row and have this attitude about it.
    Martz Backer #3:

    Against New Orleans, he used a Tibetan Monk mind projection discipline to prompt the refs not to call Ernie Conwell down and to, instead, give Mike Furrey an interception and touchdown.

    Against Jacksonville, he used his mutant X-man wind control powers to create an unnatural breeze that caused the Jaguars to miss two field goals that could have been the difference in the game.

    He gets a 10 for creativity. But IMO we were a lot closer to losing our first two wins against worse teams with Martz (we would have been 0-6) and a fully healthy team then we were these two games.
    I think some people can't wait for the season to be over so they donít have to play another game without their beloved coach in fear he might lose his job if some one does better.

    :tongue:

  10. #10
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,874
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'm glad we're winning and I hope Vitt leads this team to 10 straight wins going into the playoffs, but I'm just not seeing the reason to proclaim Vitt as the next great thing. Hopefully, we see some greatness in the 2nd half of the season, like maybe actually holding an opposing team to less than their average score.
    Probably the best thing I've seen written on the subject. Vitt has done a very good job keeping this team emotionally prepared and in these games. I give him a lot of credit for not letting the team give up against New Orleans after the Saints took an early lead. Personally, I'd like to see him take over as defensive coordinator next year, because I suspect he's had a hand in some of the defensive adjustments.

    But let's face it. We didn't just destroy the Eagles and the Falcons, did we? We beat a pretty bad New Orleans team and a decent Jacksonville team, both at home, and both in pretty close games. That doesn't blow me away, just like Martz's victories over the Titans and the Cardinals didn't exactly blow me away.

    Let's see if Vitt can take this team to Seattle and come out with a decisive win on the road. He'll have at least two of his best three offensive players healthy again, will have his best defensive player back, and has had two weeks for his offensive coordinator to pimp Steven Jackson as the next best thing. When in St. Louis, the Rams played the Seahawks close. If Vitt can go up there and make a game of it, come away with a win against one of the NFC's better teams thus far, then I'll be very impressed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  11. #11
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Smile Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Have you recently been suffering for from a lack of sleep caused by the stick up your ass?

    I have not but Vitt might be because he seems to be getting the shaft from fans. He is in a no win situation with some of the fans they have already labeled him as cant ever make it without giving him until the end of the season. There are some people if he won 10 games in a row or players do good they wont give him any of the credit. If you are one that does this I am sorry the truth must be painful if not then don’t worry about it.
    :up:

  12. #12
    RamJackson39 Guest

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    I have not but Vitt might be because he seems to be getting the shaft from fans. He is in a no win situation with some of the fans they have already labeled him as cant ever make it without giving him until the end of the season. There are some people if he won 10 games in a row or players do good they wont give him any of the credit. If you are one that does this I am sorry the truth must be painful if not then don’t worry about it.
    He's won two games though. Butch Davis won two games. Do you want him as our head coach?

  13. #13
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Thumbs down Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    He's won two games though. Butch Davis won two games. Do you want him as our head coach?
    I am sorry the truth hurts you so bad. You have already pre judged Vitt before the season is over.
    If I had my choice, I would not decide on Vitt until after the season. I am unsure beyond this year until after the season but it looks like you have already said that he can’t make it without giving him a shot.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-03-2005 at 11:01 PM.

  14. #14
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    I agree. Vitt has looked "impressive" so far. We could have/should have beaten Indy if bulger wouldn't have gotten hurt

  15. #15
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Vitt may not be the best, but he deserves better

    Quote Originally Posted by STL
    I think some people can't wait for the season to be over so they don’t have to play another game without their beloved coach in fear he might lose his job if some one does better.
    Either you can't understand it or you choose to not understand it. I'm going to have to assume the former, because the latter would render any further discussion pointless. Nobody, I repeat, Nobody, one more time, Nobody is hoping for the Vitt led Rams to tank just so Martz can stay. That is in your head and your head alone. The point that some of us like "Martz backers #1-#3" is that let's not be so quick to believe Vitt is the savior of the Rams universe. I'm sorry that certain "ludicrous statements" don't jive with your point of view, but that doesn't make them any less true. Our D has not held a single team to even their average, while outside of Indy opposing teams have held us to within a few points of their allowed average. With our D in the state it's in, our O can't keep playing average and expect to win a bunch of games.

    Try to understand. Vitt is our interim HC, and there's nobody on this board that wants to see him fail. But let's not annoint him king of St. Louis until he does something other than average.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •