Interim Head Coach Joe Vitt

Friday, November 11, 2005

(Opening statement)

“I thought we had a spirited, intense Friday practice. We worked all three phases of the game, first and second down, short yardage, goal line and nickel. Our men are prepared to play, and we leave tomorrow.”

(On how the wide receivers are looking)

“Better and better, I think, every day. I think Torry is getting more comfortable. Ike has done more every day. We’re going to go up as a staff and talk about actives and inactives.”

(On G Tom Nütten’s status for Sunday)

“We’re going to talk about that. We talk about that every Friday afternoon. Whatever he was yesterday, that’s what he is right now.”

(On if choosing inactives is one of the toughest things he has to do)

“Yeah, because you have special teams that you have to also service. So that’s why we do it as a staff and talk it out and make sure we do what’s right for our football team.”

(On RB David Allen’s status for Sunday)

“We’re going to talk about it tonight.”

(On how the Seattle-St. Louis rivalry has developed)

“I think you have two great football minds with Mike Martz and Mike Holmgren going against each other. I think you have two distinct, different systems that score points and move the ball. I think all these games have gone down to the last three minutes of the game, the last four minutes of the game. There have been big plays in every game. There has been an ebb and flow with it. I think these players really enjoy playing against each other. It’s going to be a packed house, standing room only, sell-out crowd. It’s what you coach for.”

(On if the team used to dread going to Seattle because it was so far away)

“Not in my opinion. At this time in the season, it’s an opportunity to sleep.”

(On if he looks at them as an improved ball club this year)

“They’re 6-2 and their stats dictate that they are an improved ball club this year. That offense has been together for a long time. They’re in-sync. All those guys have been in the west-coast offense their whole career. Defensively, they have some huge personnel adjustments. They have two of our defensive ends. They upgraded the linebacker corps. They’re a better football team.”

(On if he feels like the Rams have made the necessary adjustments to contain RB Shaun Alexander)

“Hopefully so, that’s what we practiced all week long. We’ll find out Sunday.”

WR Isaac Bruce

(On how practice went for him this week)

“Good. I participated a little bit, got in and caught some passes. I’m getting the game plan down. I’m ready to play.”

(On if the injury has been frustrating)

“Not for me. Injuries are part of the game, and it just so happens that it fell on me. I’ll be ready to play.”

(On how he was mentally during his five-week absence)

“Oh, I was staying in it mentally. I was just putting myself in the game while I was on the sideline. In the meeting rooms, while watching film, I was just trying to get my reactions down to certain situation. I was just going forward that way. Mentally, I’m pretty good.”

(On if having QB Marc Bulger and WR Torry Holt back helps with the offensive chemistry)

“Just getting Marc and Torry back makes me feel better. Kevin has been having a great season, and I don’t want to take anything away from Kevin. He’s doing a great job, but just having those guys back in, and Leonard playing is big for this team.”

(On how the Seahawks-Rams rivalry has developed over the years)

“It’s developing. They proved that they could come in and win on the road, win in St. Louis. We’re going to try and return the favor.”

DE Leonard Little

(On how he feels to be back)

“It’s great to be back around the guys. The last two weeks, the guys have been giving me a call and giving me an update on how everything was going. So, it’s nice to be back around these guys and playing with these guys.”

(On how he is doing after the last couple weeks)

“I’m doing well. The only thing I can do is go out and help my teammates win and help this team get better. I don’t want to interrupt anything that has been going on the past two weeks. The only thing I want to do is help this team win.”

(On if he lost some weight over the past two weeks)

“Oh, I’m fine, I’m fine. I’m back up to my playing weight. We had last week off, and I was here lifting weights and working out. So, I’m back to my playing weight, so I’m fine with that.”

(On the support he has received from his teammates)

“It’s been great. I love playing with these guys, because they are real supportive, and everyone on this team gets along. That’s the reason this team is not like other teams where we can do everything together and stuff like that. They’ve been a great support system here, and I’m glad I had this from my teammates.”

(On how he felt DE Tyoka Jackson did stepping in for him)

“It was hard for me to see the games, because they didn’t come on down south. You know what I was doing; I would get on my cell phone and refresh every play. That’s how I kept up with those guys. That’s the only thing I could do. When something happened and it came up on my cell phone I would get happy or get mad, so that’s all I could do really is try to keep up with the games on my cell phone. My mom doesn’t have a computer at home, so all I could do was track the game on my cell phone. I’m glad modern technology has come that far.”