Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    schut39 is offline Registered User

Vote for Steven Jackson in the 2010 Pro Bowl!

Hey guys. Voting has started for the 2010 pro bowl and I'm sure we all know that Steven Jackson should go. Be sure go to nfl.com and vote for him so that it can happen this year. Here is a link to the voting page:

2010 Pro Bowl Ballot
    Last edited by schut39; -11-04-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Re: Vote for Steven Jackson in the 2010 Pro Bowl!

Yes, if this thread could get stickied it would be nice. It would get it alot more attention that way. Please try to vote multiple times also.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Do you really think he deserves to go to the Pro Bowl?

0 TD's in 7 games = Pro Bowl?

He's got really good yardage, he fights hard and the players around him are some of the very worst in the league. But still - I'm never going to vote for a RB with 0 TD's to go to the Pro Bowl no matter which team he is on or how hard he tries.

I don't like the way the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, seemingly more and more so (last year they showed the stats next to the players when you're voting this year only the names - that's not exactly going to help make it less of a popularity contest). And I'm going to do my part to stop that by voting for someone who deserves to go more than Steven Jackson.

Adrian Peterson & DeAngelo Williams are my two top choices for NFC, the third currently is a toss-up between several players so I think I'll wait until later in the season to cast my vote when the picture is more clear. Steven Jackson could even grab that vote but he'll have to start hitting the paydirt before that happens.

I realize he doesn't have many touchdowns, but one guy can only carry a team so far. The players around him don't really give him much help moving the ball either. I'm sure that if he had another playmaker or two around him, he would put up at least a few touchdowns. That is just what I think about it.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Seriously? You're not going to vote for Steven Jackson because he has no TDs? TDs shouldn't be the only thing that determines if you are a good player or not...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

can we please get donnie some recognition this year, and how bout a vote for jlau?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

how about a vote for the fans who watch this car wreck every week, the team should send some fan away for a free trip to the game.

Keep voting for him guys! When your running back is 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards and is on one of the worst teams, you know he deserves to go the the Pro Bowl.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thanks for the link!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Done (twice for now).

Will continue over'n over; Jax may have a really good year by end of season. More TDs will only help the cause.

Thanks Schut!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Do you really think he deserves to go to the Pro Bowl?

0 TD's in 7 games = Pro Bowl?

He's got really good yardage, he fights hard and the players around him are some of the very worst in the league. But still - I'm never going to vote for a RB with 0 TD's to go to the Pro Bowl no matter which team he is on or how hard he tries.

I don't like the way the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, seemingly more and more so (last year they showed the stats next to the players when you're voting this year only the names - that's not exactly going to help make it less of a popularity contest). And I'm going to do my part to stop that by voting for someone who deserves to go more than Steven Jackson.

Adrian Peterson & DeAngelo Williams are my two top choices for NFC, the third currently is a toss-up between several players so I think I'll wait until later in the season to cast my vote when the picture is more clear. Steven Jackson could even grab that vote but he'll have to start hitting the paydirt before that happens.
    TDs are hardly an important thing to look at, especially in the day and age of the goal line back like LenDale White.

Steven Jackson is second in the league in rushing yards while facing a constantly stacked box. To say he isnt playing at a pro bowl level because he hasnt been able to get in the endzone much (through no fault of his own) is ridiculous

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Number two rusher in the NFL on one of the worst teams in the NFL! Well worthy. Hopefully he makes it

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    TDs are hardly an important thing to look at, especially in the day and age of the goal line back like LenDale White.

Steven Jackson is second in the league in rushing yards while facing a constantly stacked box. To say he isnt playing at a pro bowl level because he hasnt been able to get in the endzone much (through no fault of his own) is ridiculous
    I didn't say TDs was the ONLY thing.

But hardly an important thing? Are we talking about the same thing here? TDs? TDs make the world go round my friend, at least the world of football...

I'm looking at a combination of everything, TDs, yards, YPC, receiving yards, consistency, playing well against the best teams etc.

And YES Steven Jackson most definitely helped his cause A LOT this week getting his first TD, carrying his team to a win and getting great yards + YPC. I'll still say after 7 weeks Jackson was not an obvious lock for the Pro Bowl, after 8 he's getting there...

Punch it in a few more times while continuing to get great yardage and he's in.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

It will never happen. Wake up guys, the Pro Bowl hasn't featured the best players since the mid 80's. It's all just a popularity contest now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    It will never happen. Wake up guys, the Pro Bowl hasn't featured the best players since the mid 80's. It's all just a popularity contest now.
    True. I'm especially disappointed that NFL.com removed the stats from the voting application - I went there to check it out and all you see is the players names lined up, no stats at all. Last year I'm sure they had stats next to each player giving you a chance to maybe discover someone having a breakout year but not having a big name yet. And there's little doubt that a lot of fans will not check out stats on their own or know much about what players outside of their own team are doing.

They're encouraging a pure popularity contest this year more than ever.

P.S. Any thread about the Pro Bowl should include at least one condemnation of Donnie Jones missing out last year while having one of the very best seasons for a punter in league history (first punter to average 50+ yards since 1940, go figure...). Biggest Pro Bowl injustice that I can remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast