Thread: Wade and Foster

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Wade and Foster

Let me start out this thread by saying I am well aware of the very little amount of cap space left for this season. We can all thank Zygmunt for that as we have all read about in recent articles. I understand the addition of a couple of average players isn't going to turn this team into a playoff contender, but I think the addition of Bobby Wade And DeShaun Foster would really make this team alot better.

Like I said earlier these two players are average at best but they have both had success in their careers and are still relatively young. I would feel a little more comfortable with the RB depth on this team if Foster was the 2nd or 3rd string running back and Wade could easily be the Rams' #2 or #3 wide receiver. Yes, I know the Rams do not have cap space this year. I am still trying to be realistic of who the Rams could get if they had 5 or 6 million in cap space.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Wade and Foster

Two seasoned veterans would help i agree.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Agreed. we could use their help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Both are an absolute waste. The front office has a clear vision here. We went from the 2nd oldest team in the league to the youngest or 2nd youngest in less than a year ...

We are clearly playing for the future, so what is the point of bringing in washed up, declining, never really have been veterans that will only take playing time away from our youngsters?

If we had visions of making being a major playoff threat this year, then I might understand bringing in veterans to round out the roster. But Spags and company are clearly trying to play with the cards that we have in the deck, so we can see exactly where we are positioned for the future. This seems very similar to what Jimmy Johnson did when he arrived in Dallas. It resulted in a 1-15 season, but look at the dynasty he built ...

Just say no to washed up veterans. Scott Linehan couldn't, and look where he got us...

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think this thread should be about Jonathan Wade and Brooks Foster.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Yes on wade, ehh on foster, would be good to see wade come in and be a 4th wr (or better) depending on his play, and play of our guys.

Flipper89 Guest

I agree with Bar-bq, I thought this thread was about Jonathon Wade and Brooks Foster, who the hell cares about those other guys.
    They would do us no good being on our team. Like Infinity said we're about the future, what would two average at best vets do for us??? Nothing!!!
    Let the yoiung guys play and roll the dice and see what happens..

Let's as Loyal Ram's fans focus on what is on our roster and not on what could be on our roster..

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper89 View Post

Let's as Loyal Ram's fans focus on what is on our roster and not on what could be on our roster..
    Bingo. This kind of 'foresight', a day before the season opener, is nothing but problematic. I'm sure that if either of these players were worthwhile additions to the team and potentially substantiative contributors to our long term success, Spagnuolo, Devaney and Demoff would have had them pegged for a long while. I think that if there is a need for players like Bobby Wade and DeShaun Foster, it will be in the wake of a either long-term injury or a complete and total breakdown on behalf of their St. Louis Rams namesakes.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I think this thread should be about Jonathan Wade and Brooks Foster.
    This post is so simple, yet says so much. Amen to you!

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

I am not saying bring them in for their numbers necessarily. I am saying it would be good for two guys to come in that have had success in their careers to mentor the younger players. I understand Jackon doesn't need to be mentored by Foster, but Wade could really help out the other WRs on this team plus be another target for Bulger.
    Also, adding two guys who are still under the age of 30 does not put a dent in the Rams' youth movement. It adds to the progression of maturity and come next year those guys would be expendable because all of the WRs learned a thing or two as well as Samkon Gado.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Heck no to Deshuan Foster to many injuries and miles as an RB. Wade is a decent returner and a pretty good possession receiver leading the vikings in receptions the pat 2 years (not saying much since its the vikings). He is only 28 so that doesnt really affect us being the second youngest team. We only have 4 receivers he adds alot on special teams and is ok receiver why not.