RamWraith is offline Registered User

Wagoner on the radio

On this morning's 1380 broadcast they had Nick Wagoner.

Wagoner said:

Rams are definitely highly interested in Jenkins and that some of the coaches had already predicted before that this might shake out where Carolina would be willing to trade him.

His opinion was that the Rams will probably wait until the actual draft day itself to make the deal. He said once both teams start to see what's available they will better be able to define the value of the picks that are being considered in the trade.

Says there is a slight chance the Rams may go offense in the first round but not likely.

Said Claude Terrell's days may be numbered unfortunately because the Rams had him rated as one of the best young run blockers in the league when he first played. He could of been a tremendous asset to Stephen Jackson.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Wagoner on the radio

Could go offense in the first round?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Could go offense in the first round?????
    Sure, why not? We could also take a kicker. It is possible, you know.

:l

-jake-

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Interesting, thanks for the heads up Wraith. I didn't think this would/could be a draft day thing, but one never knows. That'd be very exciting! But for me (I am so impatient, I know, I know.) I just want to get the trade over with and get that DT in the horns asap!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    Sure, why not? We could also take a kicker. It is possible, you know.
    yes disco....I know. Anything is possible.

Are you back on the net jake?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm okay with witing till draft day. We have to see what's available before we pull the trigger. Hell, the guy we're targeting, a la Winston Justice, may fall to round two.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    yes disco....I know. Anything is possible.

Are you back on the net jake?
    No, Renee, you are just imagining him being here. Remember Av's thread?

One way or another, we will draft either an OT or DT on the first day of the draft. I'd bet Nick's paycheck on it...

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Said Claude Terrell's days may be numbered unfortunately because the Rams had him rated as one of the best young run blockers in the league when he first played. He could of been a tremendous asset to Stephen Jackson.
    I don't like to hear this I really thought he showed a lot of promise in the running game his rookie year. Now he seems like he don't care anymore.

I would have liked to see Setterstrom, Incognito, and Terrell all pan out in the middle of the OL. with the two big bookends Pace and Barron. Now I am hoping Romberg develops at the Center position. McCollum may still wind up as the starter but we will need a good young replacement in the near future.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

you never know, something could happen and we find ourselves at 13 with a Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn available. Its much more likely we trade down if Quinn is there though, but if Thomas is there i think we would grab him. No chance of it happening really.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I think it is a mistake waiting untill draft day to try and trade for Jenkins. If Okoye and Branch are off the board then that raises Jenkins value for the Rams and I'm sure the Panthers know this. Everyone knows the Rams need a defensive tackle. Right now the Rams can leverage by saying well there are two good looking prospects in the draft. On the other hand if draft day comes and Okoye and Branch are gone there is no leverage and the price on Jenkins could go up. Swapping first rounders really doesnt benefit Carolina because they pick 14th, so I say we need to get Jenkins before draft day before he becomes our only option at DT.
    Just Fix It

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It is St. Louis. Those of us who have ties to that city and football prior to the Rams KNOW that this city has had the distinction of drafting a kicker in the first round.....the Big Dead drafted Steve Little out of Arkansas.

It would not surprise me in the least bit to see the Rams draft a WR in the first round. Why not? We spent a boatload of money on a 3rd WR in FA. This is an offensive team. Anyway, you draft for the future not necessarily for the upcoming season. If it works out that the rookie excels his first year consider it a big bonus.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it is a mistake waiting untill draft day to try and trade for Jenkins. If Okoye and Branch are off the board then that raises Jenkins value for the Rams and I'm sure the Panthers know this. Everyone knows the Rams need a defensive tackle. Right now the Rams can leverage by saying well there are two good looking prospects in the draft. On the other hand if draft day comes and Okoye and Branch are gone there is no leverage and the price on Jenkins could go up. Swapping first rounders really doesnt benefit Carolina because they pick 14th, so I say we need to get Jenkins before draft day before he becomes our only option at DT.
    Well, we could hammer out the terms of the trade prior to the draft, but not make it official until then. That way we could keep other teams guessing as to what our plans are. Or maybe what is happening here is that the Rams are saying they won't give up a second unless they don't have any other options, and the Panthers are saying that's what is going to take. In that case, it might be that making the deal happen now would cost just as much as making the deal happen later--both of which are higher than our current offer.

wanderer is offline Registered User

What happens if we do a draft day trade and Jenkins can't pass a physical? The big question seems to be that he's out of shape and may be 400lbs. I say if we do trade for Jenkins we need to get it done so we can examine him prior to the draft. At least that way we have some protection of our pick.