Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Wagoner's 8/3 Morning Notes

-Itís hard to tell how much impact the afternoon off had on the Rams on Wednesday morning, but it was obvious that there was at least a little more bounce in their step. The team has been able to avoid any serious injuries such as Jimmy Kennedyís broken foot a year ago and in the NFL that is huge. Keeping your starters fresh and away from serious injury during the preseason can only pay dividends down the line.

-Wednesday morning brought about an interesting twist to the pass rush drills of which I have devoted so much of my attention. This time, it was linebackers versus running backs. I would have to say that Chris Claiborne against Steven Jackson is this drillís version of Anthony Hargrove against Orlando Pace. The collisions were violent and loud. Jacksonís yellow jersey meant little when this was going on. The two probably split the battles, but on a few occasions, Jackson got the better of the big middle linebacker. Jackson appears to have seriously improved his pass blocking, which might have been one of his biggest weaknesses a year ago. With his size, there is no reason Jackson canít or wonít be a good pass blocker.

-Brandon Chillar is doing a nice job in his role as the utility guy of the linebacking corps. He looks stronger and more physical than a year ago and certainly has a better understanding of the system compared to his rookie season. Chillar will make a solid backup on the outside with the versatility to go inside if need be.

-Tight end Roland Williamsí enthusiasm is nothing short of infectious. His teammates love him, the coaches love him, the media loves him and the fans love him. Williams is a perfect leader for this team and is the unofficial captain of the team. After Jackson scored on a touchdown run during team drills, Williams ran up beside him and commenced hootiní and holleriní. Picking up on Williamsí cue, Jackson spiked the ball and began hamming it up with the big tight end.

-Brandon Green is high-energy all the time and seems to be the ideal backup on the outside. Any backup defensive end probably wonít play more than 15-20 snaps a game, but he better give all he has on those snaps. You probably wonít get any less than all heís got from Green anytime soon. He has plenty to prove and, so far, he is showing he belongs.

-Cornerback Kevin Garrett had a huge cheering section in the Community Relations tent in a group of kids from the University City Childrenís Center where Garrett is a frequent visitor. The kids chanted Garrettís name during passing drills and it seemed to give him a little bit of a boost. Garrett is in the middle of a huge battle in the secondary and might have trouble making the team because some of the rest of the competition has stepped its game up. Garrett will need to make his move in the coming weeks to hold off the likes of Corey Ivy and Dwight Anderson, who have made strong charges early in camp.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Re: Wagoner's 8/3 Morning Notes

-Tight end Roland Williamsí enthusiasm is nothing short of infectious. His teammates love him, the coaches love him, the media loves him and the fans love him. Williams is a perfect leader for this team and is the unofficial captain of the team.
    Glad to hear it. This team has been lacking that very character for some time.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

maineram is offline Registered User

Thanx for the report !!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

-Wednesday morning brought about an interesting twist to the pass rush drills of which I have devoted so much of my attention. This time, it was linebackers versus running backs. Jackson appears to have seriously improved his pass blocking, which might have been one of his biggest weaknesses a year ago. With his size, there is no reason Jackson canít or wonít be a good pass blocker.
    Good thing, because I still don't think Martz is going to run the ball anymore than he has in the past.

Diesel Jay is offline Registered User

Hi Guys!

I've lurked here for some time, but thought I'd join up and offer up some pics I took from Wednesday morning's practice. Outside of being fairly warm & muggy, it was a fun practice to attend.

Oh, and for the guy asking about Bruce, we've visited Macomb for the past 2 years, and Isaac looks as smooth and effortless as ever. He smoked Bartell so bad one time that he just looked lost as Isaac snagged a touchdown.

Regards,
    Jay
    Last edited by Diesel Jay; -08-05-2005 at 03:09 PM.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Good to hear! Keep em commin.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Jay
    Hi Guys!

I've lurked here for some time, but thought I'd join up and offer up some pics I took from Wednesday morning's practice. Outside of being fairly warm & muggy, it was a fun practice to attend.

Oh, and for the guy asking about Bruce, we've visited Macomb for the past 2 years, and Isaac looks as smooth and effortless as ever. He smoked Bartell so bad one time that he just looked lost as Isaac snagged a touchdown.

Regards,
    Jay
    Good pictures, awesome quality. Keep 'em coming if you can make it to some more practices, and don't be afraid to start a new thread for that kinda stuff!:clanram:

Welcome to the posting community of ClanRam.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Jay
    Hi Guys!

Regards,
    Jay
    Some great picture there, keep them coming and congratulations on your first post, and what a post it was

Suggestion, why not use the ClanRam Gallery and thow all your pictures right on up there?

Anyhooo, well done again and keep those posts coming