RamWraith is offline Registered User

Wagoner's Friday night--Martin to start

Friday Afternoon
    Friday, December 23, 2005

- It's official. Interim coach Joe Vitt announced a few minutes ago that Jamie Martin will start at quarterback Saturday with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the backup.

- I agree with the decision to go with Martin if indeed, as Vitt says the Rams are going to let the best players play. So as to not come off as a flip flopper, I have said all along that Fitzpatrick should be given the chance to play so he can learn on the job. But when the performance isn't there and he has been given plenty of chances, this is probably the right move. Martin was the starter for a pair of wins before the bye and he should provide a steady hand for the rest of the year.

- Friday's practice was a glorified walkthrough. The team will be in meetings for about an hour and then be free until game time.

- With so many players on injured reserve, this should be an opportunity to get a look at some of the young players that have recently been moved to the roster. I'd like to see Jeremy Calahan and Clifford Dukes get a chance just to see what they have in terms of potential for the future.

- That's all for now, be safe out there as you finish your last-minute shopping. I'll be back with more after the game.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: Wagoner's Friday night--Martin to start

I can't really agree with this from coach Vitt

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Wagoner's Friday night--Martin to start

This move stinks of someone who really doesn't have any regard to evaluating future talent since he suspects he's not going to be a part of that future. Not sure I can really blame Vitt, but it sucks for us.