HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wagoner's Wednesday PM notes

Wednesday Afternoon

- Best wishes to running back Aveion Cason who left practice to return to Texas to attend to a personal matter. Here’s hoping for a speedy return.

- Guard Rex Tucker can’t catch a break. First Claude Terrell replaces him with the first team offense at left guard. Now Tucker had his foot stepped on resulting in a split big toenail that had to be removed. The injured toe forced Tucker to miss Wednesday afternoon’s practice.

- There is really no need to panic about the rash of recent injuries. None of them appear to be serious and there is no need to rush any of these players back. Whether Torry Holt gets 30 practices or 10, he is still good for 1,300 yards and 10 touchdowns. He’ll be back soon catching bombs from quarterback Marc Bulger.

- Jerome Carter is an intriguing player. He has great size and certainly looks the part of a strong safety. Of course he will have to prove himself in coverage, but he should be stout against the run. The closer to the line of scrimmage he gets, the better Carter will be.

- Oshiomogho Atogwe has also been impressive early in camp. Just from watching him in passing drills you can tell that he processes information quickly and has a great feel for the game.

- It seems as though almost all of the defensive tackles are carrying extra weight in this training camp. Mike Martz said he gave them permission to report heavier than in the past so long as they can manage the weight and stay in shape. Jimmy Kennedy and Damione Lewis will probably keep the extra 15-20 pounds they added, but Ryan “Big Grease” Pickett would like to subtract about 15 pounds before the season.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Wagoner's Wednesday PM notes

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    -Oshiomogho Atogwe has also been impressive early in camp. Just from watching him in passing drills you can tell that he processes information quickly and has a great feel for the game.
    That's good news. I really hope Atogwe develops into something special for us.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    That's good news. I really hope Atogwe develops into something special for us.
    Someone better develop. I don't recall reading a lot of reports on any of the safeties excelling in the coverage area, other than perhaps Furrey.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I'm a furrey fan...... Go furrey fury.I think Furrey is one of those guys that just plays anywhere well,not great but real good.Probably was good at basketball,baseball,ect. Martz needs to try him at punt returns,and/or kick returns.
    :clanram: Hes a good Ram. hope he never gets cut.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

- Jerome Carter is an intriguing player. He has great size and certainly looks the part of a strong safety. Of course he will have to prove himself in coverage, but he should be stout against the run. The closer to the line of scrimmage he gets, the better Carter will be.

- Oshiomogho Atogwe has also been impressive early in camp. Just from watching him in passing drills you can tell that he processes information quickly and has a great feel for the game.
    If these two continue to prove their skills, Archuleta will be as good as gone next year. More cap space to spend in other areas of need next season.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

If these two continue to prove their skills, Archuleta will be as good as gone next year. More cap space to spend in other areas of need next season.
    I think this depends on the type of year that Arch has this season. Until last year's bump in the road, Arch just seemed to continually get better with age and experience. Cap space would be great, but I'd hate to see Arch playing in another uniform.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    I think this depends on the type of year that Arch has this season. Until last year's bump in the road, Arch just seemed to continually get better with age and experience. Cap space would be great, but I'd hate to see Arch playing in another uniform.
    DITTO lets keep arch if his play returns to super.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    Cap space would be great, but I'd hate to see Arch playing in another uniform.
    Same here, unless he shows his back problems have prevented him from being the effective player he once was. Then, I really wouldn't have a problem with letting him test the market.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!