Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Want to see some of the dumbest fans on Earth?

Go check out the Redskins boards ...

Man, when is the last time the 'Skins won anything? It definitely shows, because there fans have gone insane ...

I visited two of their boards and all I see is the same crap ...

1. They are going to beat the Rams by 4 touchdowns. Nobody acknowledges the coaching change. They even go as far as saying that Jackson is not even a top back in the league. We showed some promise last week, and could have beaten Buffalo. I think we are going to come out fired up and make statement early. Can we maintain that for four quarters? Don't know ...

2. Al Saunders is the worst offensive coordinator ever. They forget the fact that the reason Campbell and company couldn't do the job, or "pickup", the offense is likely two-fold. First, Joe Gibbs had the noose on the whole thing since he's stuck in the 50's. Second, Campbell isn't smart enough to run that offense. I live in Alabama, he played at Auburn, and trust me, the stories about Campbell lacking intelligence apparently have some validity.

3. They think the Giants are posers. Despite the fact that the Giants made them look stupid in Week 1, and have demolished two opponents by halftime, and just squeaked by Cincy, which could easily have three wins. Come on now? Are you serious?

4. They think Campbell is an elite quarterback in the league now. After 5 games, he is all the sudden elite? I don't even need to comment on this, but I will. 63.4% completions on 6.89 YPA? Typical west coast stuff. You want to know how inflated his hype is? 6 TD, 0 INT, and still manages only a 96.7 rating? You have a TD/INT ratio like that in a system that throws the ball down field at all, and you are looking at a 110-115 rate. 80% of the QB's in this league could be doing what Campbell is doing. OVERRATED!

What a delusional bunch. It's been awhile since I've seen a bunch of fans caught in a spell like these guys. Five games does not make a season. It's been a long, long time since the Redskins have won anything, yet you'd think they have been a dominant force in the league for years. Lets see, the past six years, hmmm, 7-9, 5-11, 6-10, 10-6, 5-11, 9-7 ... definitely world beaters!

As much as I hate the 49'ers and Seahawks, there hasn't been a team I'd like to beat moreso than the Skins in a long long time.

Unbelievable how cocky fans can get after a win or two. I really don't know what else to say ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-08-2008 at 11:38 AM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Want to see some of the dumbest fans on Earth?

I hope the team is as cocky as the fans, being cocky is a weekness, it shows that they under estimate the rams, that is usually when you get caught off guard. We are not going to go 0-16 and we will beat a team that we have no business beating. The old saying thats why we play the game. We have been losing at a unreal point margin until we beat somebody every team thinks they are going to beat us by 40.
    :ramlogo:

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I hope the team is as cocky as the fans, being cocky is a weekness, it shows that they under estimate the rams, that is usually when you get caught off guard. We are not going to go 0-16 and we will beat a team that we have no business beating. The old saying thats why we play the game. We have been losing at a unreal point margin until we beat somebody every team thinks they are going to beat us by 40.
    I.E. The New Orleans Saints last year, who got the whippin of a lifetime by an 0-8 team coming off a bye ...

Fact is, my weiner dog could effectively run a base West Coast offense that is dedicated to running the ball on a regular basis. Let's see how elite Campbell is once he is asked to run some of the more complicated and exotic WC schemes once opposing defenses start exposing his weaknesses ...

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

That seems exceptionally unlikely.

supachump is offline Registered User

I dunno. If I were a fan of another team and knew we were going to play the Rams, I'd be pretty confident too.

As far as concerning Jackson. He may be good, but he doesn't strike me as someone to be afraid of right now.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Hmm. Lets hope that the team is as cocky. I'm sure thats what Bufallo did and look what happened in the first half. I'm sure during half time they knew how to fix it.

If we can get the lead on the skins like we did the Bills, we should be able to manage the game well. With Haslett running the team, they might come out during half time energized and motivated.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

There team is winning they can say anything they want. With the ways the Rams have played and they have played theye'd probably beat us by 5 TD/s. Now of course there is the saying any given Sunday, and because they say it doesn't make it true, and we could have a miracle turn around. But I doubt we win our first game against them.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Having grown up in the DC area and previously being mostly loyal to the Redskin cause, I can say, for a fact, that indeed, every single one of the Redskins fans are completely and utterly insane.

However, you see, you just have to look at it through their eyes. The Redskins are destined to win the Super Bowl every single year. The team's decisions in the offseason and in training camp are the best ever. God could not produce a better football team than the Redskins. And then the Skins start to lose a few games and start to get buried by their NFC East brethren and don't make the playoffs, or get outed in the first round, and so they call for Snyder's head, and the coach's head, and why don't the Skins still have Mark Rypien? Now that was a QB!

And so, as we see this year, the Skins are still destined for the Super Bowl, and as such the DC area is infatuated with them still, and know that the team is the best in the land.

Just wait till we upset them and then they lose another one to one of their "gimmies". Looking at 4-3 going to Pittsburgh. Then the bandwagon will start slowing down.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ah, they're just fans excited for their team. They're going through their best start since '99, so I'm sure they're allowing themselves a hypothetical Super Bowl run isn't out of the question.

One day we will be there again................and I bet we'll be some cocky sumbucks as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ah, they're just fans excited for their team. They're going through their best start since '99, so I'm sure they're allowing themselves a hypothetical Super Bowl run isn't out of the question.

One day we will be there again................and I bet we'll be some cocky sumbucks as well.
    True, how true...

I can remember some posts on this site before the season about how the Rams were going to go 11-5 and get into the playoffs. Cocky? No, just fans of a team hoping for the best.

I too went into the Redskins message board (via the NFL Website) yesterday and I read a thread about how the Redskins should dominate the Rams or they wouldn't be regarded by the competition in the NFC East as real contenders. But what would you expect from fans of a team that has beating probably the best team in the NFC, and now face a team that has been beating badly in all four of it's games? Do you think it would be different in here if the teams records were reversed? Nah, we'd be saying the same stuff.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Every year at the beginning of the season with an 0-0 record i'm FREAKIN cocky. With a 3-13 record last year and everything that was going on with injuries i was still cocky. Even with Linny as our coach i was cocky. When they awarded Haslette the HC job.....cocky. And this week against the Skins i'm still FREAKIN cocky......Can you imagine what i'll be if we win? I guess you could say i'm one of them dumbass fans also...RAAAAAMS BABY!!!
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -10-08-2008 at 07:41 PM.

bigredman is offline Registered User

OK...I'm taking YodaRam's advise and I'm going to lead this parade....the Redskins are going to come in overconfident and the Rams will be energized by the shake up in head coaching...the Rams will spank the Skins!
    Rams 34 Skins 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Shh, we have lurkers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

We aren't any different. When Avery scored the TD against the bills, the screen flooded with "13-3" and "Superbowl".

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The Redskins and their fans have a good reason to be cocky/over confident. Their team went into Dallas two weeks ago and beat the Cowboys. They followed that up by going into Philly and beating the Eagles. With all the talk about the NFC East being the toughest division in the NFL I would say they should be COCKY.

To bad they're run is going to end this Sunday.

GO RAMS!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast