Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    AZRamsFan1000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    I am new to ClanRam and this is my first ever statement as a fan for over 35 years. I can honestly say this has been the hardist year to pull for them ( yes I include the early 90s)

    I believe a sucessful teams start at the top...i.e Kraft in New England.

    What do we have here...A guy that lives in LA and manages from 2000+ miles away???? An ownerships that cares more about their trust fund more then the business and St. Louis. They are looking to sell, they dont have the passion. It is simple..if you dont care about your business then you are one of two type of people...an idiot or a trust fund baby.

    Here is my suggestion:

    1) Sell the team to people how are interested in making a championship team in St. Louis...(Inbev has cash)
    2) hire good people ( coaches and players)
    3) dont be afraid to spend a buck.....it takes money to make money
    4) DONT forget your fans...it seems like a simple thing to over look but it has happened

    As long as this situation exists, I dont care who is quarterback, running back, coach, etc...they will suck....You need a owner that will promote excellence from the top down....Did anyone see Major League? The Rams remind me of that moive accept they dont have a hot owner and they cant rally to win....otherwise its the same....where is Willey Mayes Hayes??????

    Just my thoughts and I always welcome comments
    Last edited by AZRamsFan1000; -12-10-2008 at 10:12 PM.


  2. #2
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Welcome to the Clan . . .if only we could get Cedeno to play D

  3. #3
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by AZRamsFan1000 View Post
    I am new to ClanRam and this is my first ever statement as a fan for over 35 years. I can honestly say this has been the hardist year to pull for them ( yes I include the early 90s)

    I believe a sucessful teams start at the top...i.e Kraft in New England.

    What do we have here...A guy that lives in LA and manages from 2000+ miles away???? An ownerships that cares more about their trust fund more then the business and St. Louis. They are looking to sell, they dont have the passion. It is simple..if you dont care about your business then you are one of two type of people...an idiot or a trust fund baby.

    Here is my suggestion:

    1) Sell the team to people how are interested in making a championship team in St. Louis...(Inbev has cash)
    2) hire good people ( coaches and players)
    3) dont be afraid to spend a buck.....it takes money to make money
    4) DONT forget your fans...it seems like a simple thing to over look but it has happened

    As long as this situation exists, I dont care who is quarterback, running back, coach, etc...they will suck....You need a owner that will promote excellence from the top down....Did anyone see Major League? The Rams remind me of that moive accept they dont have a hot owner and they cant rally to win....otherwise its the same....where is Willey Mayes Hayes??????

    Just my thoughts and I always welcome comments
    First let me say welcome to the clan, I think you make some valid points but the solutions are not so easy.
    1. We do need a new owner but this franchise will need some success for Chip to get anywhere close to the type of money he would want from this team. Inbev would never buy this team since they are in sell-off mode right now and are only keeping anything that pertains to making money off of beer sales.
    2. Untill a secure ownership and management structure are in place, no coach worth his salt is going to take over this sinking ship. Quality free agents fall under the same catagory as well.
    3. This is where there could be some light at the end of the tunnel. For Chip to be able to sell this team for a decent amount of money as I said earlier this team will have to show some promise, ie. some playoff appearances and for this to happpen I agree money will have to be spent.
    4. The fans should never be forgotten but I am sad to say that many of my fellow St. Louisans have forgotten about the Rams. Hopefully this can be repaired in the future.
    As I said earlier, welcome to the Clan, I think you will find this site to be very informative and quite entertaining from time to time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,241
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Welcome to the forum....

    I don't know if any of us really know what Chip's intentions are. He has said the right things, but we all know what is said publicly and what is intentioned privately are two different matters. I feel this off-season will tell us a lot.

    You're right; great organizations are built from the top down and have hands-on owners with a passion to win. This allows them to hire a certain kind of employee that has that same will to be successful. Bob Kraft, The Maras of the NY Giants, Jerry Jones, George Steinbrenner, The Rooneys, and even Al Davis in his heyday are/were all high profile guys who were single-minded of purpose and visible (sometimes to a fault) around their organizations. We need this same approach from Chip Rosenbloom, and yes, you're right- you cannot effectively run a team from 3000 miles away and make sporadic appearances. Letting your football people run the show is one thing; being an absentee owner is another thing entirely.

  5. #5
    CaliGirlRamsFan's Avatar
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bay Area CA
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    I don't think Chip or his sister ever wanted this team. I feel he left it up to Ziggy to handle as they were dealing with their mothers death, and her wishes.

    Chip struggled with the thought of canning loonyhan, but he did respect the fans enough to do it.

    I think he has probably given up, as some of our players have.

    I for one was excited to see this season start. I had high hopes, as others did, that quickly faded.

    There are just to many problems from top to bottom.

    Heck, the popcorn guy probably has a sad face running around the dome , Yet, I bet the dome makes lot's of money on the beer sales.

    Welcome to the clan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

  6. #6
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    I don't think Chip or his sister ever wanted this team. I feel he left it up to Ziggy to handle as they were dealing with their mothers death, and her wishes.

    Chip struggled with the thought of canning loonyhan, but he did respect the fans enough to do it.

    I think he has probably given up, as some of our players have.

    I for one was excited to see this season start. I had high hopes, as others did, that quickly faded.

    There are just to many problems from top to bottom.

    Heck, the popcorn guy probably has a sad face running around the dome , Yet, I bet the dome makes lot's of money on the beer sales.

    Welcome to the clan
    Agree If Chip keeps the team long turn I hope he is commited to turn this thing around. Some times it dose not seem as if the rams is high on his to do list.
    :ramlogo:

  7. #7
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    wild thing, da, da, da, da da da.....we suck!

  8. #8
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post

    1. We do need a new owner but this franchise will need some success for Chip to get anywhere close to the type of money he would want from this team.
    You know I am not so sure about that. The more money he makes, the more taxes he pays. So he has wiggle room if you will. And if someone does buys the team, they would have the power to turn it around fairly quickly, if of course they had extra money. Money they save with a devalued team perhaps...also, he may say he wants to keep the team in St. Louis, but really, who is going to spend that kind of money on a team that is locked in a smaller market when there are other cities that may pay more...hmmmmm

    Stay tuned for more of "As the Stomach Turns"...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  9. #9
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,585
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by moonjoe
    You know I am not so sure about that. The more money he makes, the more taxes he pays.
    Joe, the estate tax will be based on the value at the time of death. A failing team NOW only reduces the proceeds to pay the taxes; not the taxes which will be assessed on the fair market value at the time of death.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #10
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Joe, the estate tax will be based on the value at the time of death. A failing team NOW only reduces the proceeds to pay the taxes; not the taxes which will be assessed on the fair market value at the time of death.

    Thanks HUBison. Not knowing the tax codes off hand, is that assessment set in stone or can a ruling be appealed?

    Also, a drop in revenue would also drop the tax liability for income, not just inheritance. So in a sense, he still pays less in taxes somewhere. That may not be the driving force here, but it could offset some of the perceived damage financially that a poor performing team experiences.

    I always enjoy listening to NFL owner's talk about how broke they are and then signing players to say 65 million dollar contracts!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  11. #11
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    I been "bashing" the business side of the Rams organization for 2 seasons now

    If I had a major share holder stake in the Rams, I would have left my boot prints on Ziggy's back-side 3 years ago. And Linehan would have been sent packing last year. If I was the owner, being more fan friendly since I too am one, would have built an organization that could found the talent to resurrect GSOT and the FEARSOME FOURSOME regardless if I saw a penny return on ownership or not. Indeed, still i would want charactor, and professionalism that the rest of the league would envy

    Still others are right, you do need an EGO and a hands-on ownership at the wheel of a NFL team. Not like Jerry Jones I pray--buying a Superbowl isn't an accomplishment, earning one is, like in 1999. So having the PAC MANs T.Os and other socially challenged players is not what I would want to see on the Rams team, give me the K. Warners, Holts and Faulks everytime--its called CLASS and makes me proud to be a Ram fan

  12. #12
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,585
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Wanted....New Leadership Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Thanks HUBison. Not knowing the tax codes off hand, is that assessment set in stone or can a ruling be appealed?

    Also, a drop in revenue would also drop the tax liability for income, not just inheritance. So in a sense, he still pays less in taxes somewhere. That may not be the driving force here, but it could offset some of the perceived damage financially that a poor performing team experiences.

    I always enjoy listening to NFL owner's talk about how broke they are and then signing players to say 65 million dollar contracts!
    Again, estate planning is not my particular practice, and I'm sure there are more loopholes than China has rice, but in general the practice is that assessment is made as of date of death. However, there's a reason Chip is surrounded by accountants and lawyers. If there's a way to lessen the estate tax, they'll find it.

    And yes, a drop in revenue will reduce any income tax liability (though I'm not sure what entity form the Rams have, I'm going to assume standard C corp.) to the Rams........but of course that also means a drop in income. Me personally, I wish I had to pay millions more in taxes, because that means I would have made many more millions in income.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
  2. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
  3. Help Wanted
    By CRAZYHORNS in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
  4. They Said It: Quotes from Rams Park
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-25-2005, 08:04 AM
  5. Bradley accuses Kent of racism, lack of leadership
    By HUbison in forum OTHER SPORTS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -08-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •