Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Warming up to the Hue Jackson idea

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Warming up to the Hue Jackson idea

I have to admit, I'm really starting to like the idea of Hue Jackson. I personally don't like the idea of taking anything from the Raiders......it just feels dirty. It's like going to a cat-house to find a bride. Just not right.

However, if you contrast what his teams did before him and with him, you have to get a little excited by Hue Jackson.

Oakland Raiders: From 2003-2009, the Raiders offense never finished higher than 17th (along with 21st, 25th twice, 29th, 31st, & dead last 32nd). Jackson gets there in 2010 and they finish 10th and 9th with him. That's quite the turn around.

Baltimore Ravens
    : Jackson was the QB coach in 2008 and 2009. In the 16 year history of the franchise, the 4 highest ranked scoring offenses are the '96, '03, '08, and '09 teams. Again, in the two years that Jackson was guiding the team's QBs, Jackson produced the 3rd and 4th highest scoring seasons in the franchise's history.

Atlanta Falcons
    : Hue was in Atlanta for one year, 2007.......the "Petrino year" with Joey Harrington on the trigger. With that mess, they managed a 23rd ranked offense. Just surprised it wasn't in the 30's.

Cincinatti Bengals: Jackson was there from 2004-2006. The only top 10 scoring offenses the Bengals have had in the past 14 seasons were 2004-2006. No, I'm not saying he was the main reason for that. However, as the WR coach, he certainly had a hand in it.

Washington Redskins: With the exception of the '99 and '96 teams, the Skins offense has been mediocre-to-bad since Rypien/Byner/Clark and the youthful Joe Gibbs first left town. However, if you look at the seasons surrounding Jackson's one year as OC (2003), you see his success in Snyder land. The Skins scoring offense was 24th, 28th, & 25th prior to Jackson; 22nd with Jackson; and 31st the year after Jackson.

Yes, Hue Jackson got fired from Oakland. However, since going to the Super Bowl in 2002, that miserable franchise has posted exactly TWO non-losing seasons, 2010-2011. Again, Hue Jackson was in Oakland 2010-2011.

Make of it what you will, but success has followed Hue Jackson wherever he has gone.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-19-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Warming up to the Hue Jackson idea

There you go brother. Jackson should have been hired days ago! This guy knows whats good, and especially when you compare him to Schottenheimer? Stan, open up that checkbook and pay whatever it takes to get Hue down here! He'd have some nice pieces to work with and ultimately make Bradford a pro bowler (hopefully).

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Yeah I wouldn't mind this hire either. I would definitely like this over Shotty. I also like that he is an experienced QB Coach. So, even though we will get a QB coach he can still help Bradford. The Ravens, Raiders, Bengals and to a certain extent but not much the Falcons stats you said up there are very telling. He might be one year and done. Even after Hue leaves Fisher will hire somebody that will run same system. Bradford is also maturing and always seems to pick up quickly. So I am all for Hue, even if he turns out to be one and done.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    So I am all for Hue, even if he turns out to be one and done.
    And he may not exactly be a 1 and done situation. Of his 5 team changes in the NFL, only 2 were self-initiated.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I like the Hue Jackson for OC. It wasn't his coaching that got him in trouble at Oakland. It was his mouth....Fisher carries duct tape with him where ever he goes, no worries.