Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    woodyramfan1 is offline Registered User

Warner finally gone?

Is there anyone else out here in Ramsland who is as happy as I am that Warner and his mouthy wife are finally gone from us? Hopefully he will do well in NY or whereever he goes but I say good riddance as he and his wife were a cancer in the clubhouse.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]woodyramfan1

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner finally gone?

Warner's presence on this team created a load of controversy at the quarterback position, and I'm happy that that aspect will be done and over with.

But that said, I'm not happy to see him leave. Kurt was a class act and will always be one of my favorite Rams players. He really helped take this game to a whole new level, and I'll always miss seeing him in blue and gold.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Man. did you open up a can of worms.

JellyOpal is offline Registered User
    Macomb, IL home of Rams summer training camp

I'm not gonna bad mouth the man, he really was a sweetheart of a guy and his wife equally wonderful to know. But football isn't a game won by being nice. Reality bites, but regardless of his stellar few seasons, he hasn't been playing on a MVP level lately. I don't even expect him to, but he is expected to be realistic about his shortcomings, and he's ignored them once too often. You don't play 98% of a game with a concussion without everyone questioning your common sense.

I feel for the guy, I really do. Right now everyone is focused on the negative. I'll miss him at training camp, but I can't say I'll miss him on the playing field. I do hope he can find his place somewhere in the league, but if I were him, I'd be looking for a spot OFF the field. He still has talents, just not so sure he has any left as an active QB. (Those who can, do, those who can't [anymore], teach.) Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Warner's presence on this team created a load of controversy at the quarterback position, and I'm happy that that aspect will be done and over with.

But that said, I'm not happy to see him leave. Kurt was a class act and will always be one of my favorite Rams players. He really helped take this game to a whole new level, and I'll always miss seeing him in blue and gold.

Class Acts do not allow their wife to call radio talk shows and create problems for the team and coach. They do not bring the evangalization to work either. I am soooooooooo glad he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shale is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by woodyramfan1
    Class Acts do not allow their wife to call radio talk shows and create problems for the team and coach.
    Yeah! "Class Acts" should demand that their wives stay in the kitchen and mind their own business. By golly if she ever steps out line she should hear about it! She will do what the "class act" wants of her -- or else!

Give me a break!

First of all, Brenda Warner is responsible for her own actions. Kurt isn't the one that dictates how she behaves and it is unfair to hold him accountable for what his wife does. He can talk to her and ask her to refrain from calling talk shows, but he can't "force" her to do (or not do) anything.

Secondly, I am going on the record and saying that we will all miss Kurt. His days aren't over, and when he is tearing up the league next year we will all see what we "used to have" and be sad that we let it go.

If I am wrong about that you can rub it in my face, but that is my prediction.
    </shale>

moklerman is offline Registered User

I find it so amusing when trolls show up. The mentality that goes into a football fan's mind sometimes is amazing to me. If a football player is arrested for drunk driving, kills someone, is involved with spousal abuse, does drugs, holds out for money to the detriment of the team or is just a bad character in general it quietly gets swept under the rug. But when a wife defends her husband it's the end of the world.

You can tell that I'm really bored since I'm even replying to this nonsense. I suggest that a "trial period" be instituted for new members if it hasn't already. I get the distinct impression that this particular person is only trying to stir the pot.

Well I wont cann him a troll, thats a bit off.

But I will say that attacking a players wife is way over the top and is not deserved, nor expected on this site.

Dr MartinVonNostrand is offline Registered User

Is there anyone else out here in Ramsland who is as happy as I am that Warner and his mouthy wife are finally gone from us? Hopefully he will do well in NY or whereever he goes but I say good riddance as he and his wife were a cancer in the clubhouse.
    This is either a troll or a very disturbed person.
    :sad:

"Why can't I have a heart attack? I'm allowed."

I am neither a troll or a disturbed person. But I do believe the team will be better off without Warner. Leonard Little has a lot to atone for but as of yet his actions as deblorable as they were are not hurting the team. It would be better for all concerned if he were to be traded to some other team. If my wife were to get involved with my job I truly believe we would have problems and that is not to say I abuse her or even run the household. I would never get involved with her job either. Sorry if I :ramlogo: upset you Warner hanger ons but I too hope Warner has sucess elsewhere but I strongly doubt if he will

You know, I am not going to get to far into this re hashed argument again but I have to reply to that last post.

How the heck do you compare someone like Warner with someone like Little?

Are you saying Little is a better person?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Leonard Little has a lot to atone for but as of yet his actions as deblorable as they were are not hurting the team.
    It'll certainly be hurting the team if he's found guilty and thus suspended again by the NFL, or if the Rams just decide to cut ties with him because of his behavior, which I could see them doing.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Dez In no way was I comparing Warner to Little was just answering a quote from someone else who mentioned people only get upset when Warner's wife called talk radio and not over Littles problems. They are in no way comparable.

You know what.

I 10 years when we are all sitting at a ClanRam Bash in St Louis talking about old times and remembering our first of may Superbowls. We will think kindly of Mr Warner and what he accomplished with our Team.

then, I will lean over, tap you on the shoulder and say ...... "told you so"

So why down we all turn over a new leaf, realize that Kurt has moved on and not get all *****y about it.

I'm game, who's with me?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Warner's leaving?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast