RamWraith is offline Registered User

Warner would prefer NY

Giants | Warner Would Prefer N.Y. - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 28 May 2004 09:11:06 -0700

Paul Dottino, of the Bergen Record, reports a source close to St. Louis Rams QB Kurt Warner said he would prefer to play for the New York Giants, who have told him he could compete for a starting job this year.

Rams | Warner Meeting With Other Teams - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 28 May 2004 08:55:05 -0700

Paul Dottino, of the Bergen Record, reports St. Louis Rams QB Kurt Warner reportedly has met with other teams since visiting the New York Giants on Tuesday, May 11. "There's a lot going on with him right now," agent Mark Bartelstein told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Bartelstein declined to be specific, but claimed Warner has gone on more interviews with other NFL teams.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

Re: Warner would prefer NY

Let him go, Thank you Kurt for your services and good luck with your future.
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It looks to be the only team where he'd have a legitimate chance of starting, so I'm not surprised NY is his first choice.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm happy for him, and I hope he takes that starting job from that wuss Eli Manning (assuming he signs with the New York football Giants).

BobValerius is offline Registered User

Why would you call Manning a wuss?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

He just comes off to me as the whiny, wuss type. No harm intended.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I agree about Manning. I don't think he's a wuss on the field, but his actions on draft day sure didn't win him any brownie points with me. I agree with the sentiment shared by most of the players that were asked on NFL Total Access. Paraphrasing: It's a privelage to play in this league. You should be thankful for being drafted and if you're "all that" then you should shut up, go where you were drafted and make that team better."

Although they were good athletes I never liked John Elway or Jeff George either. I think it's chicken (bleep) to put yourself above every other player that came before you. No one's that good. If you go to a team that, after you've played there for a couple years, doesn't make an effort to win then you sign a contract somewhere else. If I was a guy like Eli, holding all the cards so to speak, all I would need to do is sign a 2 or 3 year deal with the team that drafted me. Even without saying so, that would illustrate to the team that I would not be sticking around if things didn't improve. Then, if there's been no commitment to improving I could sign with the team of my choice as a free agent. What's so hard about that?

I know, I know, it's not just about where you play, but about endorsements and crap like that. I agree though, but I don't think it's necessary to be in the largest market to make money with endorsements. Look at Vick or Favre. If you're a stud, the endorsements will come whether you're in Green Bay or New York.

Going by his actions, it looks to me like Eli is very unsure about himself. He doesn't think he's good enough to lead a team out of mediocrity in San Diego and he's afraid of losing money in endorsements by not being in a major market. Very "wuss-like" if you ask me. Not to mention he's been riding the coat tails of Peyton's success for leverage. He claims to want "to be his own MANning" yet allows his daddy and big brother to interfere when things don't go his way. Wuss.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Good post, Mokler.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!