Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Warren Sapp on Rams: Write 'Em Off

He's probably dead right- but dont let it annoy you, its just one mans opinion?
    A chimpanzee could have guessed that one after the week one debacle.
    I imagine he was smirking as he said it, he isnt the sharpest tool in the box.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Sapp
    You talking about blackouts
    No, I not talking about blackouts; I talking about not caring what some former player with a flamboyent personality and an affinity for the nose candy has to say.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ScottD413 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Sapp is still pizzed that we knocked the Bucs out in 1999 ...

There is no merit to anything that lard sack has to say, one of the most overrated players of all time ...
    Infiniti, I agree 110%!! If I could give you more rep I would...

Sapp is an overrated, loud-mouthed, piece of garbage. this is the same moron who once claimed the NFL treated it's players "like slaves".

Of course, that's a very good point. I can vividly remember sitting in school, reading about all the millionaires that worked on the plantations in the deep south in the 1800's.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

ok this list is totally off point. First off how is he going to "write-off" the chiefs? They kept it real close with the runner up team for the AFC championship last year. The same applies to Oakland too. In my opinion I would say that they got cheated out of a win with SD. And to keep it really close with a team that most so called "experts" have going to the Superbowl is a great way to start the year. Now to our game. The score of our game was very decieving, it was much closer than the score indicates. That Touchdown before half that resulted from the penalty for 12 men killed us and won the game for the Hags. And the Lions also kept it relativly close with one of the NFL's top offenses and QB. In general, it is way too early to say the season is over for any team.

Along with Jamie Dukes, Sapp doesn't know anything.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If the offense gets going things will be better......but when the Miami Hurricanes have a better WR corp than the Rams right now it doesn't bode too well.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rather early in the season for comprehensive predictions .. We got waxed in Seattle and could get waxed again in DC, but no one knows for sure at this point, what will transpire over the course of a full season. In the meantime, it is one game at a time. I'm looking forward to our next opportunity against the Skins ..
    Last edited by MauiRam; -09-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Can someone who actually watched sapp play tell me how you think he was overated as a player? The Rams never managed to block this guy despite double teaming him constantly and we werent the only ones. I am not defending sapp as a commentator, but i still dont see how anyone could not view him as a hall of fame caliber player in his prime.

As for blackouts, does anyone on this board seriously believe that there arent going to be Rams games blacked out later this year in St Louis? Do people seriously believe that the Dome wont be 1/3 or more empty as the season progresses, given that has been the case for quite a while?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Can someone who actually watched sapp play tell me how you think he was overated as a player?
    He sure wasn't overrated when he played against us .. Just ask Kurt Warner ..

As for blackouts, does anyone on this board seriously believe that there arent going to be Rams games blacked out later this year in St Louis? Do people seriously believe that the Dome wont be 1/3 or more empty as the season progresses, given that has been the case for quite a while?
    Most people shelling out big bucks for tickets do so anticipating they will be cheering their home team - not booing them. In any business, if you earn a bad reputation, you'll lose customers .. When the Rams start winning games, the fans will come back - wherever they're playing. Blackouts shouldn't be a surprise given the Rams current status ...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Sapp was a very good player.

As a commentator, not so much.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know, good for the fans too. In this economy, loyalty begins with yourself first. Do I pay the electric bill or do I go spend that money watching the Rams lose 45-3? Watching this Rams team week end and week out is like watching a bad movie over and over again. They will get better, but c'mon.....

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

He's NOT a Fan!

He has never been a Fan and he has not an inkling as to what a Fan is.

I've been a Rams Fan longer than this pompous ass has been alive.

If I were going to write off my Rams at the first sign of adversity I'd have done so long ago!

GO DEM RAMS!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Ferter, do you really think that our performance in week one qualifies as the "first sign of adversity?" After all, we have won 5 games in two years and is our talent better than it was in the past two years? Younger sure, but i dont think you can say our talent level is better, especially without pace and holt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    I wasn't referring to this thread in prticular, Mike. It's just a general point: people make far too much of what know-nothing types in the media think.
    No worries DistantRam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    He's NOT a Fan!

He has never been a Fan and he has not an inkling as to what a Fan is.

I've been a Rams Fan longer than this pompous ass has been alive.

If I were going to write off my Rams at the first sign of adversity I'd have done so long ago!
    I'm with you Ferter. Sapp can write off the Rams if he wants, but I certainly won't. Sure, the chances the Rams have a good season are slim, but it's not out of the question, not by any means. There are countless examples of teams who were written off before a season even began, only to confound the "experts".

Look at last year. It doesn't get worse, but a few breaks here and there and it might have been a different story. After an 0-4 start, it 'looked" absolutely hopeless. Then we win two in a row and take New England to the final minute of the game before losing. Beating the Patriots, which almost happened, would have set up a game against the Cardinals for the division lead. THAT, after an 0-4 start, changing coaches and being without Steven Jackson.

You just never know. I'll write my Rams off for this season when they're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Like Ferter said, I'm a fan.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Ferter, do you really think that our performance in week one qualifies as the "first sign of adversity?" After all, we have won 5 games in two years and is our talent better than it was in the past two years? Younger sure, but i dont think you can say our talent level is better, especially without pace and holt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    It's the first sign of adversity this year. Each year starts anew.

Several years back I wrote and posted a trilogy that was titled "The Eve"

"The Eve" revealed my emotions on football and how they relate to my fanaticism towards our Rams.

I don't expect anyone to have remembered the post, however, if they did remember they would not need to ask. What puzzles me is that so many Rams fans don't seem to feel the same way. They toss fanatic emotions out the window and relace them with pragmatism. Perhaps that is more comforting to them or eases the pain when the Rams aren't in contention for a championship in the eyes of the media and the so-called experts.

Given the choice, when it comes to our Rams, I choose to be a fanatic rather than a pragmatic.

GO DEM RAMS!!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Absoloutley noone cares about your opinion on Chris Long
    I find this somewhat interesting. Does anybody know what Sapp has said about C. Long in the past? I would like this information to see what others are saying about him.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast